Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

Is this game busted on Windows 7 or something?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

I had no issues when I played it when I had Windows XP, but I decided I wanted to play through this again and I can't even get passed the beginning. Crashed 5 times at the end of the opening cutscene, and crashed once while going through a door, and crashed 4 times while trying to splice a terminal, and when I eventually got passed all of that nonsense. It crashed at the end of the cutscene where you use the escape pod.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By phrosnite

I had no such problems... I have the Steam version though.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman

Steam version here as well, and I don't recall any problems... Although I can't really be 100% sure. I've definitely had some issues with Steam games before.

If you have the disc version though, google some fixes or something. I'm sure they exist. GL.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Demyx
    @CL60 said:
    I had no issues when I played it when I had Windows XP, but I decided I wanted to play through this again and I can't even get passed the beginning. Crashed 5 times at the end of the opening cutscene, and crashed once while going through a door, and crashed 4 times while trying to splice a terminal, and when I eventually got passed all of that nonsense. It crashed at the end of the cutscene where you use the escape pod.
    This game is super buggy. But it ran alright on Windows 7. Most of my issues were trying to run it on Vista.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
    @JJWeatherman said:

Steam version here as well, and I don't recall any problems... Although I can't really be 100% sure. I've definitely had some issues with Steam games before.

If you have the disc version though, google some fixes or something. I'm sure they exist. GL.

Yeah, I have the disc version. I have googled some apparent fixes, and I've tried them all. None seem to work.
    the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By the8bitNacho

If it helps at all the OSX version is a shoddy Cider port with all sorts of issues.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
    @Demyx said:
    @CL60 said:
    This game is super buggy. But it ran alright on Windows 7. Most of my issues were trying to run it on Vista.
    Yeah, it's buggy, but it shouldn't be crashing this much on me. It didn't when I played through it multiple times on Windows XP.
    FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FateOfNever

Well, I can tell you the disc version is busted for Vista at least.  Been trying to play it recently myself.  Between start up errors, the game not responding (which happens often), and a third random error that happens sometimes when I start the game where the game minimizes as soon as I start it and won't stay open for more than a second... yeah, I've never managed to make it off the Endor Spire.  I'm still searching for a fix that will actually work, as every suggestion I've come across and tried so far as resulted in disappointment.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By galiant

@FateOfNever said:

Well, I can tell you the disc version is busted for Vista at least. Been trying to play it recently myself. Between start up errors, the game not responding (which happens often), and a third random error that happens sometimes when I start the game where the game minimizes as soon as I start it and won't stay open for more than a second... yeah, I've never managed to make it off the Endor Spire. I'm still searching for a fix that will actually work, as every suggestion I've come across and tried so far as resulted in disappointment.

Don't use Vista =P

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FateOfNever
    @Galiant said:

@FateOfNever said:

Well, I can tell you the disc version is busted for Vista at least. Been trying to play it recently myself. Between start up errors, the game not responding (which happens often), and a third random error that happens sometimes when I start the game where the game minimizes as soon as I start it and won't stay open for more than a second... yeah, I've never managed to make it off the Endor Spire. I'm still searching for a fix that will actually work, as every suggestion I've come across and tried so far as resulted in disappointment.

Don't use Vista =P

You're not wrong.  I just don't have any other real option at the moment :(
    Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Demyx
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard
    @phrosnite said:
    I had no such problems... I have the Steam version though.
    Shadow71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Shadow71

As much as I hate to suggest this to some, as its definitely the inferior version, the Xbox version works fine on a 360.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.