Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

KOTOR Continues: Day 3

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By fwylo

Day 3

Hello folks,

So if you've been following, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get any play time in yesterday as I had some stuff to do and a romantic dinner with my girlfriend planned (ended well if you were wondering...)

Hurray for sound...
     Hurray for sound...

But you can always make time if you need so clearly I just half-assed everything that needed to be done.  Was able to fit in about an Hour and 20 Minutes of playtime bringing the total up to 6h and 18 mins, or so my save file says. And good news! Sound came back!!  I'm not sure exactly when it returned because I wasn't really listening for it but I noticed when I pulled my light saber for the first time.  Yes, MY light saber... Sick. But I"ll tell you about that when it comes up. Hurray for sound!  Something must have happened when I loaded the save up because the whole game seems to be playing smoother.  Higher fps and things look better as well.

Yoda, but not actually Yoda.

I loaded up my save file standing in front of Zahn(not sure if that is his name).  But I spoke to him and he told me I was going to be put through some tests and I would have to speak to some people to find out the information that I needed.  I went and talked to the 3 standing in the Jedi Council circle.  The first dude told me the story of Revan and Malak, which is a crazy good back story.  The 2nd yoda-looking dude told me the Jedi Code and turns out the 3rd dude told me the exact same thing.  I didn't really want to run around the whole compound talking to everyone about Jedi stuff  and figured the council would have given me what I needed so I returned to Zahn.  First test, finish the sentences to recite the code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Got that on the first go btw, I have a decent memory I'd say, and recited it here without looking it up again.

So Test One finished and passed Test Two is build your own lightsaber.  Send me back over to the council to talk to the first dude and he asks me about what the Jedi I want to be.  I've decided I like the combat side(Guardian) more than skills(Sentinel) or pursuasion(Consular) so I ended up choosing the Jedi Guardian.  So black dude gives me a blue crystal for my lightsaber.  Run back over to Zahn who says good job now build your light saber, which I'm kind of glad I didn't have to go pick up other parts running around the compound and such. I think they should have had a cut scene for the first time you pull your light saber though.  And it should be so epic you never forget it.  But no, just me starting to pull it out only to be paused by menu saying I picked up items.  But still awesome all the same. 

No Caption Provided

Test Three is me going to the grove to find some dark Force that is tainting the sacred grove making the local animal attack stuff.  A.k.a go kill some rats. No big deal I want to go cauterize some shit with my new shiny blue saber anyways :).   On my way I speak to everyone I can and switch up my party to Canderous and Carth.  I stopped and talked to Canderous for a bit to hear the story of his first battle.  That is one crazy story and actually had me mashing the button to hear what his next sentence about it was, very interesting.  But one girl I stopped to talk to told me to find some droid that her husband left her when he died.  When she told me about it I couldn't help but laugh due to the way she explained that this droid was to take care of her for the rest of her life.  Actually hilarious because all I could think of was a droid with like 18 different sized vibrators attached to it.

Anyways I run around the area looking for the grove killing all the rats in my way.  I got to Juhani, the jedi who killed her master because she feels held back.  Took her down pretty easy and convinced her that the council would take her back if she went over there and let them know she was sorry.  Some of the dialogue options during this conversation were pretty awesome I must say.  Made me feel pretty wise.

But that was where I ended for the day.  I feel like it was quite a bit to get done in that amount of time.  But I definitely got lucky with my first path being chosen leading straight to the grove so that killed quite a bit of time. I actually really like the planet of Dantooine. Its a good style to it. Pretty bad graphics compared to today, but thinking back it would have looked amazing at the time. 

Drinks ftw.
    Drinks ftw.

But thats all for today, might get in some play before going out to party tonight but we'll see. And I haven't decided if I'm going to play/post on the weekend. We'll see.

Respect.
    fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By fwylo

Day 3

Hello folks,

So if you've been following, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get any play time in yesterday as I had some stuff to do and a romantic dinner with my girlfriend planned (ended well if you were wondering...)

Hurray for sound...
     Hurray for sound...

But you can always make time if you need so clearly I just half-assed everything that needed to be done.  Was able to fit in about an Hour and 20 Minutes of playtime bringing the total up to 6h and 18 mins, or so my save file says. And good news! Sound came back!!  I'm not sure exactly when it returned because I wasn't really listening for it but I noticed when I pulled my light saber for the first time.  Yes, MY light saber... Sick. But I"ll tell you about that when it comes up. Hurray for sound!  Something must have happened when I loaded the save up because the whole game seems to be playing smoother.  Higher fps and things look better as well.

I loaded up my save file standing in front of Zahn(not sure if that is his name).  But I spoke to him and he told me I was going to be put through some tests and I would have to speak to some people to find out the information that I needed.  I went and talked to the 3 standing in the Jedi Council circle.  The first dude told me the story of Revan and Malak, which is a crazy good back story.  The 2nd yoda-looking dude told me the Jedi Code and turns out the 3rd dude told me the exact same thing.  I didn't really want to run around the whole compound talking to everyone about Jedi stuff  and figured the council would have given me what I needed so I returned to Zahn.  First test, finish the sentences to recite the code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

Got that on the first go btw, I have a decent memory I'd say, and recited it here without looking it up again.

So Test One finished and passed Test Two is build your own lightsaber.  Send me back over to the council to talk to the first dude and he asks me about what the Jedi I want to be.  I've decided I like the combat side(Guardian) more than skills(Sentinel) or pursuasion(Consular) so I ended up choosing the Jedi Guardian.  So black dude gives me a blue crystal for my lightsaber.  Run back over to Zahn who says good job now build your light saber, which I'm kind of glad I didn't have to go pick up other parts running around the compound and such. I think they should have had a cut scene for the first time you pull your light saber though.  And it should be so epic you never forget it.  But no, just me starting to pull it out only to be paused by menu saying I picked up items.  But still awesome all the same. 

No Caption Provided

Test Three is me going to the grove to find some dark Force that is tainting the sacred grove making the local animal attack stuff.  A.k.a go kill some rats. No big deal I want to go cauterize some shit with my new shiny blue saber anyways :).   On my way I speak to everyone I can and switch up my party to Canderous and Carth.  I stopped and talked to Canderous for a bit to hear the story of his first battle.  That is one crazy story and actually had me mashing the button to hear what his next sentence about it was, very interesting.  But one girl I stopped to talk to told me to find some droid that her husband left her when he died.  When she told me about it I couldn't help but laugh due to the way she explained that this droid was to take care of her for the rest of her life.  Actually hilarious because all I could think of was a droid with like 18 different sized vibrators attached to it.

Anyways I run around the area looking for the grove killing all the rats in my way.  I got to Juhani, the jedi who killed her master because she feels held back.  Took her down pretty easy and convinced her that the council would take her back if she went over there and let them know she was sorry.  Some of the dialogue options during this conversation were pretty awesome I must say.  Made me feel pretty wise.

But that was where I ended for the day.  I feel like it was quite a bit to get done in that amount of time.  But I definitely got lucky with my first path being chosen leading straight to the grove so that killed quite a bit of time. I actually really like the planet of Dantooine. Its a good style to it. Pretty bad graphics compared to today, but thinking back it would have looked amazing at the time. 

Drinks ftw.
    Drinks ftw.

But thats all for today, might get in some play before going out to party tonight but we'll see. And I haven't decided if I'm going to play/post on the weekend. We'll see.

Respect.
    Mustard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mustard

lol, parappa for sound = win!

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fwylo
    @Mustard: Haha ya first thing that came to mind.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.