First Level

#1 Posted by Oy (280 posts) -

This game's first level was classic.  I remember re-playing it over and over. And it actually spawned it's own game in the form of Star Wars Rogue Squadron.

#2 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

I remember playing it over and over, but for a different reason. I was young and stupid, and couldn't figure out what to do. But I played it a few years later, and really enjoyed it. Does anyone else get reminded of the Kyle Katarn games when they think of SOTE? (Mostly the stlye)

#3 Posted by Trouble (24 posts) -
Thrawn said:
"I remember playing it over and over, but for a different reason. I was young and stupid, and couldn't figure out what to do. But I played it a few years later, and really enjoyed it. Does anyone else get reminded of the Kyle Katarn games when they think of SOTE? (Mostly the stlye)
"
Jedi Outcast was pretty much exactly what I had hoped Shadows of the Empire would be.

The first level was almost like a little taste of the awesomeness of the forthcoming Rogue Squadron, even though they had different developers.
#4 Posted by ewingsquadron (33 posts) -

I remember trying to shoot the ATATs to make them explode after I took them down with the tow cable, cuz it's "what they did in the movie," and being disappointed when nothing happened. When I tried it in Rogue Squadron, I was glad I could finally take out the Imperial Walker in a fiery explosion.

The Swoop level was a favorite of mine, tho. And so was the Ord Mantell junkyard, where you are on the platform. The IG-88 boss battle was great.

At least when I was twelve... heh
#5 Posted by Demilich (2599 posts) -

When I think back on this game I always remember the Jetpack level where you fight Boba Fett. The whole game was great though.

#6 Posted by TheWesman (378 posts) -

That last level was awesome.  It was just open space, that was the first time I'd ever seen anything like that.  Classic. 

Whatever happened to this whole Shadows of the Empire idea anyway?  Screw this clone wars crap and make an animated movie of THIS story!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.