Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Following the events of the first game, Darth Vader clones a replacement Starkiller, who again rebels against his master.

The Force Unleashed 2 Thoughts

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

Starkiller be mad, yo.
    Starkiller be mad, yo.
    I am a Star Wars nerd. I have been one since I was a kid. At this point, I'd pretty much play any Star Wars game that'll come out. The reason why I found the first Force Unleashed interesting was the bridge between the prequels and the original trilogy. Unfortunately, while it was a good idea, I found the first game straight up broken. It had weird frame rate issues, it was buggy as all hell, and it ramped up in difficulty pretty fast, enough for me to say, " 'ight, fuck this game." Fortunately enough, Force Unleashed 2 is a better game, but it is still flawed. 

For example, I found myself doing the same moves over and over again, and the game felt repetitive because of that. Maybe that's the reason why I can't decide if the game's length is really an issue. It's pretty short, but I guess it's kind of a good thing considering it's redundancy. Another complaint I have is that the voice actor for Starkiller reminded me of Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon, and when you're making an action game, that's a problem. Other problems like the frame rate dropping towards the end of the game and, much like the first, unnecessary platforming bog down the experience for me, but it's good that they at least put in less platforming and more of just killing dudes. 

But there are many good things about Force Unleashed 2, like the presentation. I thought the cutscenes and story were well done and I found one of the endings (which I'll rap about later) to be pretty fucking kick ass. The gameplay seems more of a God Of War clone this time around, which is probably not a bad thing, there are more moves to pull off compared to the first but it's still pretty repetitive like I said earlier. It you ask me, the positives are equal with the negatives and it makes for a pretty solid, three star game. 

WARNING - REST OF THE BLOG GOES INTO END GAME SPOILERS

No Caption Provided
    First of all, the end boss fight is pretty dumb. It's long and boring, and at one point I felt cheated. Vader randomly destroys the platform I'm on while I'm killing the other enemies that are there, and the battle doesn't have very much checkpoints, in fact it only has one. But I felt like the ending paid it off...the evil ending at least. Like...FUCK! Didn't see that coming. I loved the "Oh hey, lemme stab you again, oh wait you thought it was someone else but I'M ANOTHER CLONE!" And I love how everyone dies. I just loved how fucked up it was. Now, the good ending is meh. How did she survive that anyway? I liked the evil ending far more, maybe I'm just a bad person.  

END SPOILERS

Did you play The Force Unleashed 2? What'd you think about it? 
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Starkiller be mad, yo.
    Starkiller be mad, yo.
    I am a Star Wars nerd. I have been one since I was a kid. At this point, I'd pretty much play any Star Wars game that'll come out. The reason why I found the first Force Unleashed interesting was the bridge between the prequels and the original trilogy. Unfortunately, while it was a good idea, I found the first game straight up broken. It had weird frame rate issues, it was buggy as all hell, and it ramped up in difficulty pretty fast, enough for me to say, " 'ight, fuck this game." Fortunately enough, Force Unleashed 2 is a better game, but it is still flawed. 

For example, I found myself doing the same moves over and over again, and the game felt repetitive because of that. Maybe that's the reason why I can't decide if the game's length is really an issue. It's pretty short, but I guess it's kind of a good thing considering it's redundancy. Another complaint I have is that the voice actor for Starkiller reminded me of Hiccup from How To Train Your Dragon, and when you're making an action game, that's a problem. Other problems like the frame rate dropping towards the end of the game and, much like the first, unnecessary platforming bog down the experience for me, but it's good that they at least put in less platforming and more of just killing dudes. 

But there are many good things about Force Unleashed 2, like the presentation. I thought the cutscenes and story were well done and I found one of the endings (which I'll rap about later) to be pretty fucking kick ass. The gameplay seems more of a God Of War clone this time around, which is probably not a bad thing, there are more moves to pull off compared to the first but it's still pretty repetitive like I said earlier. It you ask me, the positives are equal with the negatives and it makes for a pretty solid, three star game. 

WARNING - REST OF THE BLOG GOES INTO END GAME SPOILERS

No Caption Provided
    First of all, the end boss fight is pretty dumb. It's long and boring, and at one point I felt cheated. Vader randomly destroys the platform I'm on while I'm killing the other enemies that are there, and the battle doesn't have very much checkpoints, in fact it only has one. But I felt like the ending paid it off...the evil ending at least. Like...FUCK! Didn't see that coming. I loved the "Oh hey, lemme stab you again, oh wait you thought it was someone else but I'M ANOTHER CLONE!" And I love how everyone dies. I just loved how fucked up it was. Now, the good ending is meh. How did she survive that anyway? I liked the evil ending far more, maybe I'm just a bad person.  

END SPOILERS

Did you play The Force Unleashed 2? What'd you think about it? 
    Godites

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Godites

Gameplay wise, it's a big improvement over the original. 

Story wise, it's a big step-down. 

It would've been a great game if it was longer than five hours and had better storytelling.
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MetalGearSunny
    @Godites said:
    " Gameplay wise, it's a big improvement over the original.  Story wise, it's a big step-down.  It would've been a great game if it was longer than five hours and had better storytelling. "
    True enough.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Haven't played it yet. Not sure if I will. There were a fuckton of issues with the first game. Invisible barriers, bosses that could get you into infinite loops, enemies who were totally resistant to Force Powers, enemies who were totally resistant to lightsaber attacks. I mean, come on.  

Not sure two lightsabers fixes bad design. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.