Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

TFU makes me sad :(

1p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By 1p

Just finished it. Totally bummed about it. Some parts of the game are just fantastic and radical, but then everything else about it sucks so bad that it's easy to forget that.

Imagine how this would have turned out had they put in one more year of development time. It could have been amazing, best Star Wars game ever. Instead we get this mess.

So sad. :(

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah. All in all it really kind of sucked. A lot of potential, though. Still, I don't think it could have ever dethroned the masterpiece of Knights of the Old Republic.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

The multiplayer of Jedi Knights 2 was probably the best SW experience I've had.

Never actually played Force Unleashed I'll assume it's not worth it?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Ineedaname said:
    " The multiplayer of Jedi Knights 2 was probably the best SW experience I've had.  Never actually played Force Unleashed I'll assume it's not worth it? "
    It's totally worth it at a discounted price, if only for the story.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @Ineedaname said:
    " The multiplayer of Jedi Knights 2 was probably the best SW experience I've had.  Never actually played Force Unleashed I'll assume it's not worth it? "
    It's totally worth it at a discounted price, if only for the story. "
    Yep good stuff, any Star Wars nut will love it.
    I liked the concept of TFU but yeah, as usual it's not worked out wel.
    Didn't stop me from buying it full price. I liked it enough to warrant the full price tag.
    Demo sold me over, good times.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @LiquidPrince: I actually really didn't like the story. It kind of downplays the amazingness of Luke Skywalker, and I'm not okay with that.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Yes, the story is by far the best in recent Star Wars history. Somehow a motion capture CG version of Samuel Witwer was able to express more emotion than Hayden Christensen managed in all three prequel films.

Personally I thought it was a blast but I can see how some people would have been disappointed. I suppose I was easily amused by the insane force abilities and Euphoria engine. Can't wait to see what they do in the sequel.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @TheGreatGuero said:
    " @LiquidPrince: I actually really didn't like the story. It kind of downplays the amazingness of Luke Skywalker, and I'm not okay with that. "
    I never really found Luke that awesome though. Maybe it had to do with me being born later on, but going back to the original trilogy, I didn't find him badass. Probably because Episode 1 was my real introduction into the Star Wars Universe and going back to the classic ones made everything feel more slow. I mean, as a person who is a blank slate, seeing Darth Maul and Obi-Wan kick ass, and then switching to Luke slowly swing around a lightsabre just didn't feel as exciting to me.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

That's probably one of my major issues with the evolution of Star Wars. Since I grew up on the Original trilogy to me Jedi fight with lightsabers in a realistic dueling style and the most incredible thing you can do with the force is throw boxes at someone and convince Stormtroopers to let you pass. Now seeing Jedi backflipping about and crushing AT-ST walkers into balls they really contrast terribly with the original material. I know they try to explain it away as Obi-Wan and Yoda are ancient and Vader is half robot so they arn't as nimble as they used to be but it still doesn't fix the problem.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @LiquidPrince:@CenturionCajun:  Man, you guys make me feel kind of sorry for you and makes me feel more disappointment with the prequels. I still really think the prequels would have been better if they made them using the kind of technology and materials they had to work with back when they did the original trilogy. At least back then they were forced to be creative and think outside of the box. With the prequels, they could be lazy about everything and just fix it with CGI later. It's unfortunate. Plus it creates that huge contrast, like you guys have mentioned. Heck, after seeing guys like Darth Maul and General Grievous, I can't blame you guys for feeling disappointed by how things are in the original. Oh, George Lucas. What have you done? :(
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

No, I'm not disappointed by how things were in the Original trilogy. I liked it that way. Everything looked used and lived in and even though the Jedi had incredible powers they weren't godlike super beings. The Clone Wars were talked about as a catastrophic event and the Jedi had been wiped out decades before. Then the prequels come out and you learn that the Clone Wars only occurred twenty odd years before and Emperor Palpatine seized power through a committee. It also took Darth Vader from being the quiet force choking badass and made him into an emo teenager who was turned to the Dark Side through playing to his need to be loved. There's a reason that people who grew up on the Originals try to forget that the prequels ever happened.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @TheGreatGuero:  I dunno, I'm not disappointed. It was the prequels that really made me interested in Star Wars anyways. If I hadn't seen those, Star Wars would have just been an old movie fad to me. Also, don't get the wrong idea; I liked the original trilogy, it's just a lot slower then the prequels which is totally understandable.
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword

The second game looks badical though.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I remember playing the demo of The Force Unleashed on the 360. Some of the force powers were cool but it wasn't all that amazing and it didn't seem like the mechanics could stretch effectively into a full game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.