What's your take on Star Wars the Force Unleashed?

• 131 results
#1 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

Topic^

I think its a really good game. From the videos that I have seen, it looks to be the best Star Wars game yet.

#2 Posted by BobTheSlayer (26 posts) -

I think it'll focus too much on being a physics toy and lose some of the game-like qualities it should have.

That's just my cynical side talking. If it actually isn't just a toy, im psyched.

#3 Posted by RVonE (4657 posts) -

The footage I saw has me totally excited. At first I didn't think much of this game but what they showed at E3 is awesome. It has a good fast pace too.

#4 Posted by evilhomer (429 posts) -

I do have high hopes for this game and like what I have seen so far.  At this point, however, it may just be a rental for me and it would have to get some damn good reviews to convince me to buy it depending on what sort of replay value the game has.

#5 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -

To me it seems like there is a lot of emphasis on the story, which I am excited to see a intersiting story in between the Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But the gameplay looks like a step below the Jedi Outcast style.

#6 Posted by Vager (1654 posts) -

The story trailer really got me hyped for it. Hopefully the lightsaber combat is nice and fluid like Jedi Academy.
The KOTOR MMO takes the cake for Star Wars games that I want though.

btw, I'm having fun the the link search :) Going to using that alot.

#7 Posted by Bladefire (214 posts) -
RogueBomber12 said:
"

To me it seems like there is a lot of emphasis on the story, which I am excited to see a intersiting story in between the Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But the gameplay looks like a step below the Jedi Outcast style.

"
Only thing about the story is we already know the character either has to die or go into exile at the end.
#8 Posted by Cardon (65 posts) -

It certainly has the promise to be a good game but for some reason I'm a bit cautious. I have a feeling it could end up being like Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.  Interesting concept, story and gameplay but gameplay which gets old fast.  However I'm still keeping my hopes up high and will be renting the game from Gamefly unless the demo blows me away.

#9 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

This game has a lot of potential, but I can see it falling into my pile of highly commercialized Star Wars games that I never played for more than a couple hours. I hope it delivers, but at this point I am skeptical.

#10 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

It looks great and they seem to have put a large amount of work into it. To be honest I am not the type of gamer who will go back and play a game that has no MP once I have received all 1,000/1,000 gamerscore. I'll probably rent it from work, at the time of SW's release is a plethora of new games so spending wisely is a must.

#11 Edited by MisoRonery (470 posts) -

I've heard many comparisons to the God of War series bandied about by people who have played it.  If its near as satisfying as that was to me combat-wise and has a decent story, then this will be an awesome rental.  I just can't see any reason to go out and pay $60 day one for it though.

#12 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -
MisoRonery said:
"I've heard may comparisons to the God of War series bandied about by people who have played it.  If its near as satisfying as that was to me combat-wise and has a decent story, then this will be an awesome rental.  I just can't see any reason to go out and pay $60 day one for it though.
"
Your fleshlight scares me.
#13 Posted by Eonkid (17 posts) -

The only concern I have for this is the developers having to much focus on force powers instead of balancing it between owning ass with the lightsaber and force powers. But other than that, i'l would not hesitate to buy it ; o

#14 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

This is one of my most anticipated games for the the second 1/2 of the year. I do hold some reservations that it might turn out to be a physics toy like others have already said. But I think it will turn out to be fantastic. I cant wait to see some more of it, and play some.

#15 Posted by RVonE (4657 posts) -

Even as a physics toy, I'll be happy to buy this game.

#16 Posted by Nit3mare (26 posts) -

I think it looks really good, but I'm kinda pissed there is no multi-player. Jedi Academy was a really good game, especially online, and I hope they can recreate a modern-day version of it. I just hope this doesn't turn into a button masher ._.

#17 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I heard that the Star Wars Force Unleashed has great potential to become the game that many people think its going to be, and thats to become a successful game.

#18 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

I'm hoping this game will be fun. From the game play footages, I like it already...force powers look fun to use.. hopefully it lives up to my expectations when it comes out.

#19 Posted by TheOGVandalvideo (142 posts) -

Seems like a physics playground more than it does an actual game. Don't take that wrong, I love me some physics playgrounds. I just don't know how much of a solid game it is.

#20 Posted by RogueBomber12 (105 posts) -
Bladefire said:
"RogueBomber12 said: Only thing about the story is we already know the character either has to die or go into exile at the end.
"

Or maybe he becomes the real Darth Vader and Episode IV-Vi are just a lie. But ya your right the story kinda losses its suspense when you know the end, like the new movies.
#21 Posted by Otacon (2209 posts) -

I'm cautiously optimistic about the whole thing.

#22 Posted by MsCortana (429 posts) -

I am really excited about this game.  The graphics and moreover, the gameplay look amazing. :D

#23 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

Its too bad that there isn't a Limited Edition copy of the game, I wouldv'e def gotten that.

#24 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1041 posts) -

I'm feeling the same way as Vinny (per his comments on the most recent Bombcast): I'll play this game to death, even if it is basically a big physics demo.

#25 Posted by halfameatball (119 posts) -

Didn't sound like the guys enjoyed it all that much on the bombcast at E3. I hope it is good (like most games) but being as I haven't been a fan of anything that has been recent and labled Star Wars lately I'm a little doubtful.

#26 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1550 posts) -

Half-Life 2 was basically a physics toy. I love that game. DMM looks like it's going to change gaming if it catches on (which it most likely will). The inclusion of euphoria along with it just makes it that much more fun to play around with the physics as well. I can't wait to start tossing people hundreds of feet into the air and watching them flail around before landing on top of a pile of wreckage (which would then bend and break thanks to DMM!!!). To top it all off it looks and plays great so far.

#27 Posted by jNerd (2017 posts) -

I was skeptical until I saw all the E3 coverage, footage, gameplay, etc. & now I think it's gunna rock! It'll definitely be one of the best Star Wars games to-date & promisingly one of the most original! :)

#28 Posted by deskp (448 posts) -

the physics doesent looks like that much too me  fro m the gameplay videos....  since they first anounced all the physics stuff, lots of other games have had stuff almost as good.

the game looks sweet to me, hope its one of them games you'll go back and play the levels over again just for fun  like i loved to do on star wars III on ps2, and the return of the king on ps2, simple hack and slash fun

#29 Posted by lucas_kelly (769 posts) -

To be honest at first I thought it looked pretty cool, but looking at some game play vids it just looks a little boring and unoriginal.

#30 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

It looks cool, but I don't see it being a big gameplay rich game

#31 Posted by GiantBomber (352 posts) -

CANNOT wait to play this game! Like how you start off as Darth Vader straight away also!

#32 Posted by Forzen (89 posts) -

The junk yard level I've seen played looked amazing but it was only one level so who knows how the whole game will be. After the E3 stuff I've seen though I'm looking forward to it a lot more then I was.

#33 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -

I cant wait! I haven't played a good Star Wars game for years!

#34 Posted by pbhawks45 (736 posts) -
Vager said:
"The story trailer really got me hyped for it. Hopefully the lightsaber combat is nice and fluid like Jedi Academy.

btw, I'm having fun the the link search :) Going to using that alot."
I don't want a KOTOR MMO at all. It takes away the main thing that made the game great, which was the story. I don't want to have to go kill little animals to level up. And the fact that it probably won't be for consoles ensures that I won't be buying it.
#35 Posted by Lairdo (543 posts) -
pbhawks45 said:
"Vager said:
"The story trailer really got me hyped for it. Hopefully the lightsaber combat is nice and fluid like Jedi Academy.

btw, I'm having fun the the link search :) Going to using that alot."
I don't want a KOTOR MMO at all. It takes away the main thing that made the game great, which was the story. I don't want to have to go kill little animals to level up. And the fact that it probably won't be for consoles ensures that I won't be buying it.
"
Technically its not a KOTOR MMO.
#36 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

I'm psyched for it. It looks pretty awesome and Euphoria looks like it could be amazing if executed correctly. I also find the story to be interesting and the protagonist to be cool, in a mysterious and decidedly badass kind of way.

The one thing that I am uncertain about pertains to a comment Brad said after his time playing The Force Unleashed at E3. He was talking about how the lightsaber combat is not essential in any way in a game about a (dark)JEDI! I think it is cool that LucasArts is going with a theme of extreme mastery over the Force, but to have lightsaber combat be more of a last resort or tack on in combos is a bit disappointing.

I hope there is a skill specialization tree similar to God of War's, in which you can allot points either to lightsaber skill or Force mastery. I believe I heard this somewhere, but maybe I didn't.

Still, ever since Prototype was delayed I decided to make this my second most anticipated game for the year. Right next to Fallout 3.

#37 Posted by steve316 (102 posts) -

looks awsome

#38 Posted by Met2609 (555 posts) -

It definitely interests me. It'll be at least worth a rental to try all the crazy force powers out.

#39 Posted by MAV3R1CK (125 posts) -

I think the  whole concept is nice actually. Getting to choose your own destiny is what is intriguing.

#40 Posted by Nobility (295 posts) -

Looks great but I'm used to Jedi Outcast where more focus is on the lightsaber rather than the force.  Kind of restricts game play if you're just waiting for your force reserves to replenish then keep using it over and over.

#41 Posted by Wafe (57 posts) -

Its has potential, they need to prove that the story is actually good and that the crazy force powers dont break the game.

#42 Posted by X_UrCuRse_X (9 posts) -

I'm excited for it, it'll probably be the one and only Star Wars game i'll buy for this generation of consoles.

#43 Posted by Aaron_G (1616 posts) -

I think the game looks pretty good.

#44 Posted by Cleric (286 posts) -

My take is simple: Do Want.

I'm looking forward to see how the guys are going to review it.

#45 Posted by Jensonb (1756 posts) -

It looks awesome, but I wish there was online multiplayer

#46 Posted by bread_or_decide (136 posts) -

"I have a bad feeling about this."
I have no faith in their ever being a good star wars game outside of Lego land.

#47 Posted by raahsnavj (43 posts) -
Bladefire said:
"RogueBomber12 said:
"

"
Only thing about the story is we already know the character either has to die or go into exile at the end.
"
Or not and it is left hanging for the sequel... I would prefer either of the two other endings over this though.
#48 Posted by Txheat (133 posts) -

Have till wait till i get my hands on it but it looks cool

#49 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1789 posts) -

After playing Jedi Outcast and Academy, I just can't go back to that style of combat. Plus I'm a little disappointed in the whole collectible orb thing, and that the Lightsaber seems so weak.

#50 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

i think this game looks amazing.

why do you think people like playing GTA?
its because it puts you in a world where you can accomplish your goal how you want to.
same idea here.
destroy everything as you would like to

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.