Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Advice for crafting

jakers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jakers

Hey I am wanting to level up my Artificing on my Sentinel but everytime I start to gather resources and want to craft I get down to 1000 credits or so. I am also not a high enough level to make any profit on the auction house. Advice? Also, first post on the site. Finally registered.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Welcome!

Best tip there is gather your own materials.
    Chances are you're always a planet behind them (I know I was) but its the cheapest way for sure.

What do you need money for by the way? As long as you can buy your skills and a speeder (at least rank 1) you should be fine.
    If you quest for a planet (perhaps pick up materials for a lower tier and sell those?) and ignore companion crew missions you'll be sky high in credits again.

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By White_Silhouette

I agree, if you can find them grab them is the best way.

If you are looking for a relative fast way to make some credits and you have your ship. Do the space flight missions. I seem to be getting some decent money from them.

Edit: Also welcome to the site.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

Also after doing a few of the crafting experiences with just about all of them to somewhere in the 10-20 character range, I can say that there's a lot of the recipes hidden away in the crafting. The ones you get from the trainers are usually the common ones but the more advanced crafting recipes will only show up by reverse engineering the stuff you find and/or make. By far the easiest ones seem so far to be tied to the scavenging gathering skill (armorsmith, armstech & cybertech) as you will often run across droids that you can harvest for a few extra scavenging materials.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ulain

It's probably stabilized by now, but when I had Archaeology, tablet fragments (or whatever theyre called, the ones thats arent crystals :P) were selling pretty decently.

Power crystals can be decent, but the main one to avoid actually sending companions to get is color crystals. They sell for absolute shit, which makes sense given they have the least stat bonuses of the available item mods (hilt, mod, enhancement, etc.)

This pretty much goes for everything anyway though; sending your followers on costly missions instead of gathering the mats yourself will always leave you strapped for cash. As far as profit goes, I believe Artifice makes color crystals and enhancements; stick to enhancements. Make the green ones, disenchant (reverse-engineer) them until you learn the blue and (hopefully) purple recipes. These are what will sell.

Either check the GTN for the blue/purple mats requires to make these, to see if you can still make a profit even buying them. Otherwise take up the "rare" gathering Mission skill for it. Don't quote me on it, but I think it's Treasure Hunting? Check your Codex under Artifice to make sure. Hope this helps.

Oh and yes, welcome to the forums!

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ulong
    @TaliciaDragonsong

You actually need to be able to afford rank 2 of your speeder at 40(or whatever the level was), that is HUGE, it might not sound like a big speed increase, and it isn't, but what the game doesn't tell you is that the rank 2 speeder has shields on it, so you won't get knocked off nearly as fast when a mob you're just trying to drive by hits you. Rank 2 speeder makes questing a lot more pleasant.
    Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Garfield518

Best tip? Don't bother with crafting until 50; credits are extremely easy to gain at that point, so you never have to worry about running out.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @Ulong said:
    @TaliciaDragonsong

You actually need to be able to afford rank 2 of your speeder at 40(or whatever the level was), that is HUGE, it might not sound like a big speed increase, and it isn't, but what the game doesn't tell you is that the rank 2 speeder has shields on it, so you won't get knocked off nearly as fast when a mob you're just trying to drive by hits you. Rank 2 speeder makes questing a lot more pleasant.
    You don't need it.
    I bought it since I had enough cash anyway but my cousin never did (and probably never will) and he didn't complain once.
    I mean, there was nary a time I had to wade through mobs anyway, and if there was a need I could send my companion while I ran past them.
    All easily solvable problems if you need more cash for crafting imo.

World of Warcraft's level 40 and 60 mount, now that was a speed increase.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@TaliciaDragonsong: Wow's were 60 and 100 percent speed increase, SWTOR is 90 and 110 percent.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Brodehouse said:
    @TaliciaDragonsong: Wow's were 60 and 100 percent speed increase, SWTOR is 90 and 110 percent.
    Which was my point.
    Good amount of speed for the amount you paid, in SWTOR its smaller increases for a boatload of creds which could be used on crafting, the topic's focus.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ulong

I really disagree. I was constantly thanking my speeder at 40+ for how much time it saved me not fighting unneeded mobs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.