Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Am I the only one that thinks SWTOR looks like crap?

• 81 results
    Avatar image for adrianosofranko
    AdrianoSofranko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By AdrianoSofranko

i love kotor 1 but part two was soo homemade  looking, alright now there coming out with another kotor but its an mmo wich means no consols wich means  gay graphics for everyone can play the game right and the same yea for them,, but seriously ive been playing kotor all this time waiting and waiting to here about kotor 3 but they come up with this bullsh** seriously comeon this is gayness. 

i personaly thought that the graphics for kotor 1 on xbox was the best in the world. and it still looks better than the kotor mmo so if they can make cool graphics for the kotor 1 than that means they can make kickass graphics for kotor 3 for all systems or somethin they should really try it out. if this game never comes out kotor 3 for xbox 360 or somethin then i will have to put my college degree to work in the future. i will make the best badass kotor 3 and i will have the only copy so fuck all of you
    Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Gonmog

The only thing that worries me about the game is how open the world is, if it is all like what they have showed so far...its a single player game with the option to have your friends join you. not a multi player game with the option to solo. 
    Everything else i have faith in. Story, game play, voice overs, cut scenes, just the Mass part of MMO. If that is not there in a open world way then the game is not for me.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By CL60
    @Gonmog said:
    " The only thing that worries me about the game is how open the world is, if it is all like what they have showed so far...its a single player game with the option to have your friends join you. not a multi player game with the option to solo. Everything else i have faith in. Story, game play, voice overs, cut scenes, just the Mass part of MMO. If that is not there in a open world way then the game is not for me. "
    I'm pretty sure it's got all the regular MMO stuff, plus each class has it's own full story, which is what they've been showing mostly. Which is why it may seem to be like that. Because the stories are just like KOTOR stories I believe. But aside from those it's got everything any other MMO would have.
    DeadDorf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By DeadDorf

You posted this when the game was still at least two years out. It's too early for such judgements.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By MeierTheRed

Looks good to me, and in all honesty i don't need it to be a good MMO, i just need it to be fun to play with a friend or alone.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By JCGamer

Nothing about this game seems like it's going to break out of the traditional MMORPG mold. It looks like all other ORPG's out there. We'll see what the final product is but I always hate it when you see some sweet FMV trailer but the real game is "click, click"

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Rattle618

I do not agree with much of the ranting, but I do think it looks really ugly, not because of the art style, but the animations, textures and whatnot.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
    TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No I don't think it looks like crap, but I would have preferred a single player game.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By ProfessorEss

I have little to no interest in this game (WoW used up all my MMOing for a ling time) but on a visual level, I think it looks outstanding.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@JCGamer said:
    " Nothing about this game seems like it's going to break out of the traditional MMORPG mold. It looks like all other ORPG's out there. We'll see what the final product is but I always hate it when you see some sweet FMV trailer but the real game is "click, click" "
    I feel exactly the same way, I really wish there were more good MMOs that tried to get rid of the click click nature of MMO gameplay.
    IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By IkariNoTekken

No Caption Provided
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TehFlan
    @RiotBananas said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " @RiotBananas said:
    " @TheMustacheHero said:
    " Other thing about Cartoon graphics is when you do that, it suddenly becomes more accessible to a wider audience. There's cartoons made for kids (Spongebob) and there's cartoons made for adults (Family Guy, The Simpsons etc.) But at the end of the day they are all still cartoons. "
    The Simpsons is NOT for adults. ¬_¬"
    Oh please, do you really think a child would understand the humor in "The Simpsons"? Plus, do you think a good parent would let their child watch a show that has violence and profanity in it? "
    Humour? Simpsons? There is very little humour in the Simpsons, and what is, I just don't find funny. When I was younger, I detested it, my sister loved it. If any adults here can sit and enjoy The Simpsons, I think you have serious issues. "
    WAIT. There's another living human being other than myself that doesn't like the Simpsons!? Dude, you're awesome in my book.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @TehFlan said:

WAIT. There's another living human being other than myself that doesn't like the Simpsons!? Dude, you're awesome in my book. "

Hate to break it to you, but hating on The Simpsons has been on the hip list since like 2004 or so. You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By MikkaQ

As a massive KOTOR fan, yes this look pretty goddamn awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of the main content done in a month, cause I do not want to pay monthly for one game. 

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Rockdalf
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " As a massive KOTOR fan, yes this look pretty goddamn awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of the main content done in a month, cause I do not want to pay monthly for one game.  "
    Exhibit A on my list of "Why this game will be a horrible MMO".
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Noodles
    @jakob187 said:
    " Bioware hasn't really made a bad game yet, right?  Even that Sonic RPG was pretty decent...especially when compared to Sonic's other fodder from the last...I don't know...DECADE!

Me and a co-worker have been talking about this a lot lately, and the more we talk about it, the more psyched we get.  What's crazy is he's never had any ambition to play MMO games, but because of our love for all things Star Wars, and the fact that we KNOW the things that Bioware has done...it just seems like they can't do wrong with this.  Now that they have reigning control over Mythic, I'm sure they'll learn an extra thing or two about making this one hell of a quality game.

I just really hope people don't start trying to use the term "WoW-killer" with it.  Let TOR be its own entity in the MMO space.  Nothing can be a WoW-killer, and we all know that.
    "
    But I thought Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, Aion, and APB already killed WoW!
    TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TehFlan
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @TehFlan said:

WAIT. There's another living human being other than myself that doesn't like the Simpsons!? Dude, you're awesome in my book. "

Hate to break it to you, but hating on The Simpsons has been on the hip list since like 2004 or so. You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. "
    I've seen plenty of people say the Simpsons isn't good anymore, but rarely does anyone agree with me that it has never been good. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @TehFlan said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    " @TehFlan said:

Hate to break it to you, but hating on The Simpsons has been on the hip list since like 2004 or so. You are not a unique and beautiful snowflake. "
    I've seen plenty of people say the Simpsons isn't good anymore, but rarely does anyone agree with me that it has never been good. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough. "
    I'll help you prove your point: You're crazy for thinking The Simpsons has NEVER been good.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By salad10203

I don't know if it looks like crap but I am afraid EA is too afraid to take any risks with an MMO therefore they are just going to do a WOW clone (nothing wrong with that but I would like to see some REAL innovations in MMO's) and cash in on the Star Wars fan base.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MikkaQ
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " As a massive KOTOR fan, yes this look pretty goddamn awesome. Hopefully I'll be able to get most of the main content done in a month, cause I do not want to pay monthly for one game.  "
    Exhibit A on my list of "Why this game will be a horrible MMO". "
    It's going to be a bad MMO because I hope there isn't going to be a lot of content? It's no reflection on the actual game. There's probably going to be much more content than I can handle in a month. But I hate MMOs and the kinds of people who play them, so I'm not going to see any of it. 
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @TehFlan: I don't like the Simpsons either.....I thought I was the only one.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rockdalf
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    It's going to be a bad MMO because I hope there isn't going to be a lot of content? It's no reflection on the actual game. There's probably going to be much more content than I can handle in a month. But I hate MMOs and the kinds of people who play them, so I'm not going to see any of it.  "
    You're right, this could either be a good MMO which all KoToR fans will spew rage collectively after purchasing OR it will be a bad MMO and KoToR fans will rejoice.  Either way, it will not live up to one party's expectations.
    emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#73  Edited By emem
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    It's going to be a bad MMO because I hope there isn't going to be a lot of content? It's no reflection on the actual game. There's probably going to be much more content than I can handle in a month. But I hate MMOs and the kinds of people who play them, so I'm not going to see any of it.  "
    You're right, this could either be a good MMO which all KoToR fans will spew rage collectively after purchasing OR it will be a bad MMO and KoToR fans will rejoice.  Either way, it will not live up to one party's expectations. "
    The first impression of TOR is really bad, in my opinion. The animations of the characters in all of the preview videos look horrible, but I'm still looking forward to it... I really hope it doesn't suck.
    Avatar image for lordcmdrstryker
    LordCmdrStryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By LordCmdrStryker

This thread was started a year and a half ago.  I can't believe people keep resurrecting it...

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Hitchenson
    @PapaLazarou said:
    " Now I never liked KoToR because the combat system instantly put me off... "
    I never liked you.
    metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#76  Edited By metal_mills
    @salad10203 said:

" I don't know if it looks like crap but I am afraid EA is too afraid to take any risks with an MMO therefore they are just going to do a WOW clone (nothing wrong with that but I would like to see some REAL innovations in MMO's) and cash in on the Star Wars fan base. "

EA is taking the biggest risk they've ever taken with a game. It's the highest budget for a game ever made and they apparently need a steady 3 million subscribers to pull profits. EA and Bioware are making a WoW-killer. Will it actually work? Who knows? But all these other MMO's who want to topple WoW are either shitty clones(Warhammer, LotR:Online), bad games(Any Cryptik MMO), lacking in content(Any SoE game) or just pushed out the door as a buggy, unfinished mess. You can't make a WoW-killer with a tight budget and cutting corners. Bioware are making this a MASSIVE game adding in companion characters, full stories for each class, world arcing stories, dark/light side, dialog trees, full voice acting, space combat and at least 16 worlds.

So already it has tons of content to keep players interested, lots of new features that WoW doesn't have and story focused so it will help cut down the monotonous grind and "collect 45 bantha hides" type of crap. It's pretty obvious WoW players want a new game that's why so many MMO's get huge numbers at launch but when they realize it's not as good, they leave and go back to WoW. EA want them to flock over, and stay there. If this game doesn't beat WoW then nothing will until WoW kills itself.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By salad10203
    @Metal_Mills: I am not saying it won't be good, but EA has a pretty bad history when it comes to innovation.  They have milked every franchise to death (MOH, Burnout, Sports, BF etc.) so I am not saying it won't be great, but I am not overly confident either.  EA is first and foremost in it for the money, and they realize that casual gaming can make mass cash so they will probably try and cater towards the casual gamers + Star Wars fans.  I wouldn't count on TOR breaking any MMO barriers, because like you said its a huge investment and they wouldn't risk alienating a huge casual market by making it overly complex.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By CL60
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    You hate the people who play MMOs? Way to generalize millions of people.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Rockdalf
    @CL60 said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    You hate the people who play MMOs? Way to generalize millions of people. "
    Let... this... thread... die.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MikkaQ
    @CL60 said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    Well I hate the people who prioritize these games over their own social lives. I've had friends refuse to hang out because they were in a 4 hour raid. How much of a loser do you have to be, to ignore real social interaction over clicking on monsters for 4 hours for a leather belt? 

That was probably back when WotLK came out, though. Less and less of my friends seem to be playing it now, which is just fine.  

But you know, way to take what I said literally. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By CL60
    @Rockdalf said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    " @Rockdalf said:
    " @XII_Sniper said:
    Let... this... thread... die. "
    I would if I didn't see people making sweeping generalizations about MMO players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.