Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Any News On Free2Play or Pay2Play??

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By MistaSparkle

I have no idea if you are going to have to pay for it or not (monthly/yearly). I would assume you would but it might be micro-transactions. So any news would be helpful, thanks!
    v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By v

i'd probably guess it's going to be $15 a month

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brunchies

I think its going to be the average $15 a month subscription. 

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee

They haven't announced anything in terms of payment.  I expect that it would be pay2play, given that's how nearly all Western-developed MMOs are structured.  I hope EA/Bioware price them lower than the others so it's more appealing for me.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Coombs

lol,
    Let me clear it up for you.

IT IS PAY-TO-PLAY

Nothing official but if you think it's going to be free.....[Insert generic insult here]

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Driadon
    @Babble said:
    " I would be very surprised if this game went the route of micro-transactions. I would expect at least the traditional $15/month. Who knows if they will jump on the "lifetime subscription" bandwagon. "
    Who has two thumbs and would totally pay for a Old Republic lifetime subscription? THIS GUY.
    Superdude201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Superdude201
    @Driadon said:
    " @Babble said:
    " I would be very surprised if this game went the route of micro-transactions. I would expect at least the traditional $15/month. Who knows if they will jump on the "lifetime subscription" bandwagon. "
    Who has two thumbs and would totally pay for a Old Republic lifetime subscription? THIS GUY. "
    I would definitely pay for one as well aslong as it wasn't ridiculously high. Dunno if they'd offer it though. A game from Bioware is a lot more likely to keep people hooked in my opinion, so they might not benefit from it as much as Cryptic will with their offer.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jmrwacko

It's never worth playing an MMO for as long as the price you'd pay for a lifetime subscription. I'm very interested in the fact that this game is fully voiced over and developed by one of my favorite developers of all time, but I doubt I'll keep playing past the level cap unless there's some seriously polished endgame content.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Novyx
    @jmrwacko:

Alts, man. Alts.

But seriously, I would pay a lifetime sub for this, but would also be incredibly happy if they tried to undercut the standard 15/month pricing. Servers SHOULD be cheaper to run nowadays, after all.

brotherlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By brotherlu

Hell if there is a lifetime I WILL buy it. This is the only MMO that is remotely appealing.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

Several interviews have them stating they aren't discussing subscription payments yet. This implies it wont be free, for if they intended Star Wars to be F2P they would be touting it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.