Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Bounty Hunter! First Class Revealed!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxszy

The Bounty Hunter, the first class to be revealed for SWtOR. I have to say, it just makes me EVEN more excited for this game.

I feel it confirms several things that make this really good. First of all, it means not EVERYONE will be using a lightsaber. That there will be alternatives which I am very happy about. Second of all, it means there is potential for assassination missions on other players that only BHs could get. Third, It means we can hopefully expect to have numerous other classes that fit into the star wars universe that have unique things to do / play with. (The unique weapons of a BH for example.) And fourth, Bounty Hunters are just plain awesome.

Here is the official Bounty Hunter page:
    http://www.swtor.com/info/classes/bounty-hunter?sourceid=ea3250

So what do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

And the game creeps ever closer to Star Wars: Galaxies. 

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I'm excited. I love playing as these types of classes.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By maxszy
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "And the game creeps ever closer to Star Wars: Galaxies.  "
    Just because it has a class that SWG had? I would argue that not really. Plus, not EVERYTHING is SWG was bad.

I would also argue that the fact that they are focusing so much on story (that they continue to say they are, we don't have any specific examples yet) that this is going to be nothing like SWG. That huge difference sets it apart all in and of itself.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

The common person on the planet Earth hears the words "Star Wars" and automatically think "lightsaber fighting, fucking sweet".

So it's great to hear that they will have characters that DON'T use lightsabers...but few people will play them.

Lightsabers = Death Knights.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    I don't even get that. Bounty Hunters are way cooler than Jedi.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By maxszy
    jakob187 said:
    "The common person on the planet Earth hears the words "Star Wars" and automatically think "lightsaber fighting, fucking sweet".

So it's great to hear that they will have characters that DON'T use lightsabers...but few people will play them.

Lightsabers = Death Knights.
    "
    Perhaps. The "average Jedi" during the years in which this game is going to take place aren't of the skill of what we think of when the word "Jedi" is said. They aren't that of a Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan Kenobi. Though of course the problem is, that may not be what people want and BioWare may give them "super powerful" Jedi. But hopefully they don't, only slightly superior in melee combat. That way maybe more people will play the other classes.
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Systech
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I don't even get that. Bounty Hunters are way cooler than Jedi."
    Finally! I have yet to find someone who agrees with me, but every single time they throw the scene that Boba Fett dies and it makes them sound lame.
    BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "I don't even get that. Bounty Hunters are way cooler than Jedi."
    Agreed. This game seems right up my alley, and I could totally be a BH. 
    BoGa Fett cometh!
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

defo interested in this game . Wonder how they will balance the classes becuase everyone is going to be a jedi

No Caption Provided

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Magnum

I just hope its more like KotOR less like WoW.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By maxszy
    Magnum said:
    "I just hope its more like KotOR less like WoW."
    Considering they are heavily focusing on story and also they have said "companion characters for missions" (or something to that affect) that are AI controlled, I think it is going to be much more like KOTOR than WoW. Actually, from what they have talked about it, and what we have seen I would argue that it may not be much at all like WoW.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187
    Maxszy said:
    "Magnum said:
    Considering they are heavily focusing on story and also they have said "companion characters for missions" (or something to that affect) that are AI controlled, I think it is going to be much more like KOTOR than WoW. Actually, from what they have talked about it, and what we have seen I would argue that it may not be much at all like WoW."
    Companion characters for missions are a bit more like Guild Wars.  Nonetheless, I'm sure that they could make TOR a good game.  I just don't think it'll actually happen.
    maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By maxszy
    jakob187 said:
    "Maxszy said:
    "Magnum said:
    Considering they are heavily focusing on story and also they have said "companion characters for missions" (or something to that affect) that are AI controlled, I think it is going to be much more like KOTOR than WoW. Actually, from what they have talked about it, and what we have seen I would argue that it may not be much at all like WoW."
    Companion characters for missions are a bit more like Guild Wars.  Nonetheless, I'm sure that they could make TOR a good game.  I just don't think it'll actually happen.
    "
    Why not? They are working with one of the most rich intellectual properties in the world and it is BioWare, a master in the RPG sphere. I would also guess that they will be using companion characters kind of like you had people in your party in KOTOR. Just would make sense to be taking it from there.

Also if your argument is that they haven't made an MMO before then I think that doesn't hold any weight. Blizzard hadn't made an MMO before they made WoW and look where they got to.
    cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cloneslayer

God, I hope this game rocks, from the bottom of my heart, I really do

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.