Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

E3 trailer

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By babblinmule

Who here agrees with me in saying that it was one of the greatest trailers you have ever seen?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By samcotts

Brilliant trailer, though it doesn't mean a lot.

Bioware, please don't get me into MMO's and release KotOR3 already.
    Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Magnum

Boba Fett girl was smokin hot.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

CG trailers are useless to me like 98% of the time, then there's one that blows me away.  This was certainly one.  Best since Dawn of War (I thought Dawn of War II's was badass too, though this was better than that was)

Kamisaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kamisaki

Absolutely one of the most awesome trailers ever made.  The moment when the ship opened up and you see all the hooded Sith with their red lightsabers... I nearly crapped my pants!  Yeah, it doesn't tell us anything about the actual game, but man, it makes me wish the guys who did that trailer were in charge of the actual Star Wars movies.  Between Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, and the Old Republic, Bioware is seriously kickin' ass.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz
    matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By matthew
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    " . . . then there's one that blows me away.  This was certainly one.  Best since Dawn of War (I thought Dawn of War II's was badass too, though this was better than that was) "
    Yes.
    Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nick

And for anyone who played the original kotor, was that Malak in the trailer? The game is supposed to take place 100 years after the first 2 kotor games, maybe the force lets him live long. Anyway as soon as the Starwars theme song started up I was excited.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By Lies
    @Nick said:
    " And for anyone who played the original kotor, was that Malak in the trailer? The game is supposed to take place 100 years after the first 2 kotor games, maybe the force lets him live long. Anyway as soon as the Starwars theme song started up I was excited. "
    Malak died at the end of KOTOR. Revan's influence is supposedly going to be felt in TOR though, so they are linked.
    Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nick

I know, but look at the guy in the trailer, he looks like Malak.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By maxszy
    @babblinmule said:
    " Who here agrees with me in saying that it was one of the greatest trailers you have ever seen? "
    Holy fucking shit, I so, so agree! It gave me chills! It was so, SO good! Definitely one of the best trailers I've ever seen. Just...wow. *mind boggled*

As for those saying it was Malak, I don't think it was. Perhaps it was his successor I would assume but I don't think its possible (story time line wise) to be Malak. Of course he could have a new outfit, but Malak's mask was different, and you saw a lot more of his bald head.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Thunder

yea that was easily one of the best trailers i have ever seen too bad it was CG and not in game haha if that was in game i would have shit my pants

Kankaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Kankaku

Great trailer simple as that

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nick

I'm probably going to try this game. I played WoW for a long time so I'm not against MMO's, and I love Star Wars. I hope this turns out good.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By mikemcn

very well done, makes me wish they would make an actual movie out of it (But not in CG)

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By maxszy
    @Lydian_Sel said:
    " The trailer looks fantastic but I'm still cynical. From the rate of failure for MMO's I'm hoping this won't just fizzle out a year after release & become some intently bitchy gated community. "
    Its Star Wars. The fact that Star Wars Galaxies is somehow still running, I would say pretty confidently that this is going to do quite well. It won't get to WoW sizes, but it'll be the closest thing to a "competitor" that WoW will have since its release so many years ago now.

Star Wars is a huge name. People love MMOs. I don't think there is much worry that this is going to fizzle out after a year. How it will control, what it will be like, how they are actually implanting the story, those are the things I think we really need to be more concerned about.
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

Epic

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Lies said:
    " Malak died at the end of KOTOR. Revan's influence is supposedly going to be felt in TOR though, so they are linked. "
    That's pretty awesome.  KotoR really was such a great game.
    Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Aaron_G

It was really well done. It will be interesting to see who the villain is and what the "story" will be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.