EU free trial to test out game?

#1 Edited by Pazy (2580 posts) -

EDIT: I got my trial invite, at Gamespot of all places :p Thanks anyways.

#2 Posted by Akyho (1646 posts) -

@Pazy: Word of warning. As soon as you redeem the code. If you have tied the game to your account. IT IS NOW ACTIVE. It will say you have 30days if you have made an account and tied your game to it. Your time will be ticking down if you have tied it in that way.

#3 Posted by Pazy (2580 posts) -

@Akyho said:

@Pazy: Word of warning. As soon as you redeem the code. If you have tied the game to your account. IT IS NOW ACTIVE. It will say you have 30days if you have made an account and tied your game to it. Your time will be down if you have tied it in that way.

Thats why im asking for a free trial. I dont want to use that free 30 days until my friends arrive so a 7 day free trial lets me check how well the game runs and play a little of some of the other starting zones (i.e. the ones for the characters I wont play when my friends arrive). Im leaving the code sealed in the box and im going to make a completely seperate trial account :) If someone is willing to help.

#4 Posted by Akyho (1646 posts) -

@Pazy said:

@Akyho said:

@Pazy: Word of warning. As soon as you redeem the code. If you have tied the game to your account. IT IS NOW ACTIVE. It will say you have 30days if you have made an account and tied your game to it. Your time will be down if you have tied it in that way.

Thats why im asking for a free trial. I dont want to use that free 30 days until my friends arrive so a 7 day free trial lets me check how well the game runs and play a little of some of the other starting zones (i.e. the ones for the characters I wont play when my friends arrive). Im leaving the code sealed in the box and im going to make a completely seperate trial account :) If someone is willing to help.

Yeah I wasnt saying that.. I would just advice great caution. As some people got caught out since they bought through Origin day 1 however much like you friends were going to take a few days to a week, before setting up. However the clock was ticking due to EA accounts and Bioware and Origin all being linked. I have it on disc myself so It wasnt an issue for me. Wasnt sure if you had on disc or dled. You have it on disc so your golden...untill a free trial pops up atleast.

#5 Posted by Pazy (2580 posts) -

@Akyho said:

@Pazy said:

@Akyho said:

@Pazy: Word of warning. As soon as you redeem the code. If you have tied the game to your account. IT IS NOW ACTIVE. It will say you have 30days if you have made an account and tied your game to it. Your time will be down if you have tied it in that way.

Thats why im asking for a free trial. I dont want to use that free 30 days until my friends arrive so a 7 day free trial lets me check how well the game runs and play a little of some of the other starting zones (i.e. the ones for the characters I wont play when my friends arrive). Im leaving the code sealed in the box and im going to make a completely seperate trial account :) If someone is willing to help.

Yeah I wasnt saying that.. I would just advice great caution. As some people got caught out since they bought through Origin day 1 however much like you friends were going to take a few days to a week, before setting up. However the clock was ticking due to EA accounts and Bioware and Origin all being linked. I have it on disc myself so It wasnt an issue for me. Wasnt sure if you had on disc or dled. You have it on disc so your golden...untill a free trial pops up atleast.

Oh yeah its a disk. GAME in the UK are doing a deal where you trade in 3 games and get an extra £10 so I picked it up there since you get double, or more, trade in credit and it was on sale.

#6 Posted by Pazy (2580 posts) -

I dont really like bumping, I hate it in face, but anyone got a friend invite they can thrown my way?

#7 Posted by Tuppence (14 posts) -

Can someone send me an invite too? I don't know what's needed for it, maybe my email? kyle . letham @ gmail dot com.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.