Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

EU GiantBomb Server/Guild

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Vanek

What Exactly Is This?

Well, here goes nothing ...

As someone who just started playing a few days ago I've been thinking that since we already have two Giant Bomb guilds that maybe it's time to try and do the same for the EU players. While I know the other two guilds are for everyone the difference in time and latency (I know I don't fare so well on the US servers) may cause some of us EU players some problems.

That's why I propose we should start a thread (ideally this one), find a server and get our very own amusingly titled guild started as soon as possible.

Current Details

After searching for almost thirty seconds I have concluded that the best EU server would be: The Arkanian Legacy (At this point in time it happens to be one of the least populated EU PVE servers)

And after thinking for almost three seconds I have also concluded that we should try and make it Republic. Everyone seems to be doing Empire so let's be different.

Member List

UsernameCharacter NameCharacter Class
    VanekRymiJedi Consular (Sage)

What's Next?

Now I wait and see what the response is to this idea and quickly distance myself from it should it go badly. Ideally we have enough EU players who want to group up that this will go well enough.

So, if any of this sounds interesting to you then please post some feedback and we can really get things started!

ragnar_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ragnar_mike

I'm all for keeping the party together, but the issues you're mentioned are valid. It's not just queues like some other upstarts, latency is a bitch, and Europa isn't getting any closer (Thank goodness =P)

GB has always supported the EU users and tried to make servers for them so that folks on both side of the pond can enjoy our particular brand of lunacy, so I may be the only one here, but I fully support this venture.

Plus it gives us the opportunity to suggest goofy names!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By rethla

I already started up on another server (wich i cant spell nor pronounce) but if i ever get to the point where i wanna reroll i will check this server and guild out.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

I'll join in also.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Vanek

Well this seems to be going better than I though, so I guess it's time to move things forward. I just started my character on the server today so I'll need some time to play to the point where I can create the guild. In the mean time I'll edit the main post and add a player list and ask that anyone interested edit their post and add their character name and class. That should let us communicate until I get the guild started in the next few days.

Other than that all we need is the name for the guild itself, so let's hear some suggestions people! =)

[EDIT] If anyone knows how to get tables to not be screwed up, I'd appreciate some help.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Taefarinas

We're in! We are already on The Arkanian Legacy (I use the third person because we a couple that share a GB account). Our SWTOR names are Taefarinas (lvl 28 Shadow) and Haida-lemolow (lvl 26 Scoundrel).

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By SlashDance

When I'm done with my current character, I'll certainly join you guys !

DrDropship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrDropship

Sounds fun!

I'm there as well, my character is named Doctordropship if you want to add me. I'm a handsome Jedi Knight.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MeierTheRed

Too bad im so invested in my Bounty Hunter, im lvl 49 with the XP bar half way to 50. But i guess i could just start a new dude on that server maybe.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Taefarinas

Hi guys - I think Vanek doesn't play that much anymore, so I'll be taking over the potential guild on The Arkanian Legacy. (Unless Vanek wants it back...)

I'll definitely be on tomorrow evening (21.01.12) if anyone else is looking for a specific time to find me.

Whiskey Media User NameArkanian Legacy Character NameClass
    TaefarinasTaefarinasShadow
    TaefarinasHaida-lemolowScoundrel
    DrDropshipDoctordropshiphandsome Jedi Knight
    VanekRymiSage
    AkvavitBonidolphVanguard
    limpbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By limpbishop

Hmmm, I could be up for this - however will need to make a new toon for this server.

Currently playing a bounty hunter on Bloodworthy, so need to try something else for this experiment - any suggestions folks?

limpbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By limpbishop

Just rolled a Trooper (plan to go Vanguard) - find me by: Bonidolph

niall_sg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By niall_sg1

I'm gonna be picking this up on Thursday and would defiantly would be interested in joining. This being my first MMO and all that. Broadcasting from the UK (GMT) - if that matters.

Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Taefarinas

@Niall_Sg1: Yeah, come and join us! We played a bit the other day with DrDropShip and it was a blast. The server in general is quite friendly, except sometimes people get weird about other people looking for a group in the main chat (which seems like the whole point of General Chat...).

Let me know what you're going by.

DrDropship

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DrDropship

Awesome, more people! We should start coming up with names for the guild.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.