Founder Title - if you're willing to pay for it by mid-March 2012

#1 Posted by Funkydupe (3318 posts) -

Source: Email sent directing us to this link -> http://www.swtor.com/info/founders?sourceid=eag3396

• Purchase Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
  • Complete one of the following transactions by March 19th, 2012 (12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):
    • Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription
    • Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Time Code
  • Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email.

Does a Founder title mean anything to you?

#2 Edited by Shady1992 (160 posts) -

The "founder" thing didn't convince me to resubscribe (already cancelled, and got a full refund from Amazon for it not being "as advertised")

I don't think it will convince many other people to, either

Their timing for this was probably the worst possible timing, as well... almost like them acknowledging the ship is sinking, and trying to convince people that staying on board is more fun than grabbing a life raft

#3 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

@Shady1992 said:

Their timing for this was probably the worst possible timing, as well... almost like them acknowledging the ship is sinking, and trying to convince people that staying on board is more fun than grabbing a life raft

I think the titles are neat. But more annoying then anything else. As a healer in PvP it ads an extra fraction of a second to identify the player name. Not smart. I don't even display them. I just got this game saturday an I am still loving it. Probably because there is so much main story content still available to me.

#4 Posted by Marz (5651 posts) -

don't really like the titles much, Being Darth Marz is basically all i'll ever use.

#5 Posted by CheapPoison (731 posts) -

I bet you will be able to buy it later on,

after a few months have passed.

#6 Posted by Rokkaku (222 posts) -

My personal thoughts having bought the game is that it is BAD. I can't believe how many reviewers were so complimentary about what I found to be an entirely bland experience. But that's just me. However, it does seem to not have the staying power with stunts such as these being pulled already. They might hold out for 6 months before going free to play, maybe a little more, but I won't be in the least surprised when they do.

#7 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

You guys make me laugh. Out loud at times.

#8 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

@Shady1992 said:

The "founder" thing didn't convince me to resubscribe (already cancelled, and got a full refund from Amazon for it not being "as advertised")

What wasn't as advertised?

#9 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Rewarding people to play your mediocre barely-an-MMO with titles, classy!

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I already used a time card before launch in the early access thing.

Does this or does this not apply to me?
If not, what the fuck.
If so, yay title?

#11 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -
@Rokkaku: Based on the general reception that I've seen (on this site and others), I think that swtor will do just fine with the amount of people that'll renew their subscriptions.
#12 Posted by Shady1992 (160 posts) -

@Barrock said:

@Shady1992 said:

What wasn't as advertised?

Well, I used the high-res textures not being available in game, for why it wasn't "as advertised". I doubt that really qualifies it as False Advertisement, but Amazon Customer Support is very friendly

#13 Posted by StarvingGamer (8229 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: You'll be fine. Yay, title.

Also some of you are way too cynical.

#14 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

This ain't the first way-too-cynical Star Wars thread I read today. *eyes George Lucas Is Retiring thread*

#15 Posted by Rohok (554 posts) -

I always fall for this shit. Well not this time, MMO Gods. Not this time.

#16 Posted by TheOtherSuperMarioBro (60 posts) -

I just bought SWTOR. I haven't played an MMO heavily before, but I like what I' ve played so far, but I'm far from an expert on the topic

#17 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: You'll be fine. Yay, title.

Yay that's nice, free shit for doing what I already did!

And I agree with the cynical thing, I see debates on forums and all I can think is: "Spend this time gaming/studying/working out/whatever and you'd get a lot more out of life."
To each their own!
#18 Posted by fleshribbon (83 posts) -

Man, so many people really seem to dislike SWTOR and say it's boring. I, on the other hand, played a week of WoW and I thought it was pretty boring and bland and didn't subscribe further. I've been playing SWTOR and have been very well entertained with not only the main class story but many of the side-quests as well and I think the spoken dialogue makes a huge difference. I also just don't understand the people playing SWTOR to power level through the game, skipping missions, and skipping all the dialogue. It's like the people out on the road speeding in their cars to get to the next red light.

#19 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

I am quite happy with my current title, regardless if I get it or not.

#20 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Barrock: Ignore him. It's Shady. All of his posts on this entire forum(Except 2 or 3) are just bashing the game. I doubt he even bought it in the first place. He's just been trolling since before beta. I assumed he left. But I guess he's back for some more. I've even seen random people on the official forums saying they hope he doesn't come back because he got banned there.

#21 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

It should be pointed out that if you have already been playing the game since launch, you have already redeemed your product registration code. In turn, once you've been billed for a month or used your game card, you'll end up getting the title.

#22 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

@Rokkaku said:

My personal thoughts having bought the game is that it is BAD. I can't believe how many reviewers were so complimentary about what I found to be an entirely bland experience. But that's just me. However, it does seem to not have the staying power with stunts such as these being pulled already. They might hold out for 6 months before going free to play, maybe a little more, but I won't be in the least surprised when they do.

Did you read what this post was about, or were you just hoping someone would listen to your opinion?

As far as the "Founder" title goes, I don't know what use it would be unless it imparts some sort of other benefit. I really like some of the other titles, and "Founder" certainly doesn't sound better than "Darth."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.