Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Founder Title - if you're willing to pay for it by mid-March 2012

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Funkydupe

Source: Email sent directing us to this link -> http://www.swtor.com/info/founders?sourceid=eag3396

• PurchaseStar Wars: The Old Republic and redeem your official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.
    • Complete one of the following transactions by March 19th, 2012 (12:01AM EST; Pacific: March 18th, 9:01PM PST; European: 4:01AM GMT, 5:01AM CET):
      • Billed at least once for an active Star Wars: The Old Republic subscription
      • Redeemed a Star Wars: The Old Republic Game Time Code
    • Once you become eligible for the title and have surpassed your 30 days of game time included with your official Game Product Registration Code, you will be notified by email.

Does a Founder title mean anything to you?

Shady1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Shady1992

The "founder" thing didn't convince me to resubscribe (already cancelled, and got a full refund from Amazon for it not being "as advertised")

I don't think it will convince many other people to, either

Their timing for this was probably the worst possible timing, as well... almost like them acknowledging the ship is sinking, and trying to convince people that staying on board is more fun than grabbing a life raft

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Wuddel

@Shady1992 said:

Their timing for this was probably the worst possible timing, as well... almost like them acknowledging the ship is sinking, and trying to convince people that staying on board is more fun than grabbing a life raft

I think the titles are neat. But more annoying then anything else. As a healer in PvP it ads an extra fraction of a second to identify the player name. Not smart. I don't even display them. I just got this game saturday an I am still loving it. Probably because there is so much main story content still available to me.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Marz

don't really like the titles much, Being Darth Marz is basically all i'll ever use.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CheapPoison

I bet you will be able to buy it later on,

after a few months have passed.

Rokkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Rokkaku

My personal thoughts having bought the game is that it is BAD. I can't believe how many reviewers were so complimentary about what I found to be an entirely bland experience. But that's just me. However, it does seem to not have the staying power with stunts such as these being pulled already. They might hold out for 6 months before going free to play, maybe a little more, but I won't be in the least surprised when they do.

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bunnymud

You guys make me laugh. Out loud at times.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Barrock

@Shady1992 said:

The "founder" thing didn't convince me to resubscribe (already cancelled, and got a full refund from Amazon for it not being "as advertised")

What wasn't as advertised?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Sooty

Rewarding people to play your mediocre barely-an-MMO with titles, classy!

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I already used a time card before launch in the early access thing.

Does this or does this not apply to me?
    If not, what the fuck.
    If so, yay title?

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By babblinmule
    @Rokkaku: Based on the general reception that I've seen (on this site and others), I think that swtor will do just fine with the amount of people that'll renew their subscriptions.
    Shady1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shady1992

@Barrock said:

@Shady1992 said:

What wasn't as advertised?

Well, I used the high-res textures not being available in game, for why it wasn't "as advertised". I doubt that really qualifies it as False Advertisement, but Amazon Customer Support is very friendly

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

@TaliciaDragonsong: You'll be fine. Yay, title.

Also some of you are way too cynical.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BonOrbitz

@StarvingGamer said:

This ain't the first way-too-cynical Star Wars thread I read today. *eyes George Lucas Is Retiring thread*

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Rohok

I always fall for this shit. Well not this time, MMO Gods. Not this time.

mcpaul15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mcpaul15

I just bought SWTOR. I haven't played an MMO heavily before, but I like what I' ve played so far, but I'm far from an expert on the topic

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@StarvingGamer said:

@TaliciaDragonsong: You'll be fine. Yay, title.

Yay that's nice, free shit for doing what I already did!

And I agree with the cynical thing, I see debates on forums and all I can think is: "Spend this time gaming/studying/working out/whatever and you'd get a lot more out of life."
    To each their own!
    fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fleshribbon

Man, so many people really seem to dislike SWTOR and say it's boring. I, on the other hand, played a week of WoW and I thought it was pretty boring and bland and didn't subscribe further. I've been playing SWTOR and have been very well entertained with not only the main class story but many of the side-quests as well and I think the spoken dialogue makes a huge difference. I also just don't understand the people playing SWTOR to power level through the game, skipping missions, and skipping all the dialogue. It's like the people out on the road speeding in their cars to get to the next red light.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By amir90

I am quite happy with my current title, regardless if I get it or not.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By CL60

@Barrock: Ignore him. It's Shady. All of his posts on this entire forum(Except 2 or 3) are just bashing the game. I doubt he even bought it in the first place. He's just been trolling since before beta. I assumed he left. But I guess he's back for some more. I've even seen random people on the official forums saying they hope he doesn't come back because he got banned there.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

It should be pointed out that if you have already been playing the game since launch, you have already redeemed your product registration code. In turn, once you've been billed for a month or used your game card, you'll end up getting the title.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Rokkaku said:

My personal thoughts having bought the game is that it is BAD. I can't believe how many reviewers were so complimentary about what I found to be an entirely bland experience. But that's just me. However, it does seem to not have the staying power with stunts such as these being pulled already. They might hold out for 6 months before going free to play, maybe a little more, but I won't be in the least surprised when they do.

Did you read what this post was about, or were you just hoping someone would listen to your opinion?

As far as the "Founder" title goes, I don't know what use it would be unless it imparts some sort of other benefit. I really like some of the other titles, and "Founder" certainly doesn't sound better than "Darth."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.