Good Luck Have Bothans - GiantBomb NA PVE Guild (Republic)

#101 Posted by pnut815 (23 posts) -

@CL60: I regret not making my skin tone darker. Who ever is in please invite me. Name is Durger.

#102 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I regret giving myself a beard.

Yeah, I looked at all the facial hair and I wasn't really impressed. Went with Twi'lek for my Smuggler and Zabrak for my Bounty Hunter.

Only regret with Gunai is that there wasn't any face tattoo options, though I do like my lekku tattoo pattern. I'm satisfied with Vossak, though. Looks like a mean, ugly bastard.

#103 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I regret giving myself a beard.

Aren't there any galactic space barbers?

#104 Posted by Brians (1458 posts) -

I'll join when I get access.

#105 Posted by Mageknight (120 posts) -

I'm totally down to bring my Gunslinger to this guild, once I get access. Hopefully by this weekend!

#106 Posted by siddarth0605 (116 posts) -

@CL60: if you could please invite me as well I would appreciate it. My character name is Iskumuk

#107 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@siddarth0605 said:

@CL60: if you could please invite me as well I would appreciate it. My character name is Iskumuk

Added you to friends list, when you get online I'll throw you an invite.

#108 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

My character name is Dratizz and I'm a gunslingin' Twi'lek smuggler looking for a home. Please put me on the invite/friend/whatever list. I need friends!

#109 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@sirdesmond said:

My character name is Dratizz and I'm a gunslingin' Twi'lek smuggler looking for a home. Please put me on the invite/friend/whatever list. I need friends!

Says that name does not exist.

#110 Posted by siddarth0605 (116 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@siddarth0605 said:

@CL60: if you could please invite me as well I would appreciate it. My character name is Iskumuk

Added you to friends list, when you get online I'll throw you an invite.

Thanks a bunch man I can't wait. This is my first MMO experience so I'm looking forward to it

#111 Posted by Neezie (117 posts) -

Awesome, I was looking for people to play with. My character is a smuggler named Neezie

#112 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

I'm in! Name's "Sokath". A little more appropriate than "JediHayter" which was also available. Ahh the perks of early access. ;)

@CL60: Got it covered thanks!

Just one question so far... what the hell is up with not being able to move or resize windows? Do I need to tweak something? It would be okay except for the inventory covering the quickbars, and the guild MOTD being too big to fit in the text box. :)

#113 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

I'm in! Name's "Sokath". A little more appropriate than "JediHayter" which was also available. Ahh the perks of early access. ;)

If you need an invite open the /who menu and search for Good Luck Have Bothans and message somebody. I'm not in anymore, going to bed in a bit.

#114 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

We can only add people who are online itseems

#115 Posted by Brodehouse (9582 posts) -

If you want in message or mail Catherine (me!) or Oreteg. I'll be on tonight from about 3 central to TBA.

Speaking of which, we all need to get a swatch Internet time mod. We're trying to conduct official republic business, here.

I ran Esseles, I liked it. I want to keep running it at least a couple more times so I can get at least one piece of cool loot. If anyone's down tonight, let's set this up.

So the story is actually pretty impressive. I'm playing Catherine as Star Wars Captain America, she's by the book, dedicated to duty. What I liked was on Ord Mantell it always feels like someone is an Imp spy. When you get a Republic Intelligence agent telling you to break a pirate free, and a soldier telling you to kill him because he's a bloodthirsty criminal... it can be hard to tell if one of them (or both) is a spy trying to prey on your moral sensibilities. The rampant corruption in the Republic really goes a long way to explain how the Empire can seem an acceptable alternative to citizens. And the twist at the end of Ord Mantell for the trooper is pretty darn good.

#116 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Sadly when me and Serph ran Esseles it glitched, and the last boss died at the same time as me, and he dropped a lightsaber I could use but I couldn't loot it.

#117 Posted by Etaber (160 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

If you want in message or mail Catherine (me!) or Oreteg. I'll be on tonight from about 3 central to TBA. Speaking of which, we all need to get a swatch Internet time mod. We're trying to conduct official republic business, here. I ran Esseles, I liked it. I want to keep running it at least a couple more times so I can get at least one piece of cool loot. If anyone's down tonight, let's set this up. So the story is actually pretty impressive. I'm playing Catherine as Star Wars Captain America, she's by the book, dedicated to duty. What I liked was on Ord Mantell it always feels like someone is an Imp spy. When you get a Republic Intelligence agent telling you to break a pirate free, and a soldier telling you to kill him because he's a bloodthirsty criminal... it can be hard to tell if one of them (or both) is a spy trying to prey on your moral sensibilities. The rampant corruption in the Republic really goes a long way to explain how the Empire can seem an acceptable alternative to citizens. And the twist at the end of Ord Mantell for the trooper is pretty darn good.

I'm Etrabe in the guild in case anyone couldn't decode my clever naming system. :)

I agree 100%. My commando just finished Coruscant and the trooper story has been excellent. The republic is far from utopian and everybody has their own ideas about what to do to fix it. A lot of those ideas are less than legal/moral and so my boy scout soldier happily rats them out. :) I'm really enjoying the game so far. The voice acting and decisions, even if they don't change a heck of a lot in the long run, are really adding to the experience. The combat is pretty good too, the novelty still hasn't worn off blasting things with my ginormous Commando assault rifle. :)

#118 Posted by JustKamToo (661 posts) -

If you could invite / friend list me that would be great, Kuroneko Jedi Knight.

#119 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

Yay, I just got in. Now it's time to get everything done that I need to get done today as soon as possible so I can just sit down and play for the rest of the day.

#120 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@JustKamToo said:

If you could invite / friend list me that would be great, Kuroneko Jedi Knight.

Just added you to my friends list. I'll send you an invite whenever you log on.

#121 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (174 posts) -

@CL60: i think its possible to buy most the stuff that drops there with commendations if you miss out on a drop

#122 Posted by DougQuaid (1271 posts) -

@Nhoj_Sllew: So those tokens are in the game now? During the beta, that vendor was in the game, but Esseles tokens did not drop.

#123 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Where is everybody?! I'm the only one online in the guild.

#124 Posted by Brodehouse (9582 posts) -
@DougQuaid Yeah I remember that being broken, but I hope it's fixed.
#125 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

maybe today for me.....

maybe tomorrow.....

#126 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

Sweet, I just got in. I'll create my character and play when I have a little more time, but I already know what I'm rolling.

#127 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Same here. I'll be in once I get home barring any problems.

Time to heard some nerfs

#128 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (338 posts) -

I'm in the game now the name is grinlock a smuggler.

#129 Edited by Zimbo (875 posts) -

My characters name is Aybara if anyone wants to be kind enough to invite me.

Edit: Thanks!

#130 Posted by Etaber (160 posts) -
Join the Republic. Fight the Empire. Get this sweet ass gun.

:)

#131 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (338 posts) -

I had to wait 40 minutes to log in to mind trick played for 10 minutes and disconnecting now I'm waiting again. Maybe I will just join a european server but I wanted to run with some duders.

#132 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

I gotta ask - what's the Good Luck Have Bothans thing? I did some googling, but it escapes me.

#133 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

GLHB - Good Luck Have Batman.

Mindtrick has a 400 person queue...

#134 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

I played an hour of the game a few minutes ago and, so far, I'm having fun. I'm still running around doing the beginning quests and I experienced my first death by some named flesh raider; totally my fault though since I didn't put any healing items on my hotbar. I'm insanius and a Jedi Consular.

#135 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Also Bothans are something you want to have. They bring valuable information.

#136 Posted by sirdesmond (1234 posts) -

@BeefyGrandmole said:

I had to wait 40 minutes to log in to mind trick played for 10 minutes and disconnecting now I'm waiting again. Maybe I will just join a european server but I wanted to run with some duders.

They are adding tons of servers pretty much right now so I'm thinking will start to see a lowering of that queue in the next day or two. At least, I sure hope so because that's a long time to wait for a game to start.

#137 Posted by Brodehouse (9582 posts) -
@Brackynews

Also Bothans are something you want to have. They bring valuable information.

Many of them die to do so.
#138 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

I'm in, can you add me? My name in game is Roxas

#139 Posted by darkjohnny47 (105 posts) -

i would like to join, but i'm still waiting for my early access. let me know what to do please. i think i'm gonna roll as either a smuggler or jedi knight, can't decide yet.

#140 Posted by megalowho (959 posts) -

Could I get an add? Hotlanta, Jedi Consular.

#141 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

What are some of the guild rules? I am on the server as a Jedi Consular (Valames). I just don't want to join a guild that's all politics this, homophobe that, pro-religion/anti-religion. I just want to have fun.

#142 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Valames said:

What are some of the guild rules? I am on the server as a Jedi Consular (Valames). I just don't want to join a guild that's all politics this, homophobe that, pro-religion/anti-religion. I just want to have fun.

We are just having fun.

#143 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1388 posts) -

Yep, just have fun. I'm still in the starting area and am looking forward to grouping up for some instances when I'm ready. I just hope I do a good job at healing since I too am playing a consular. A consular with no eyes!

#144 Posted by Skald (4367 posts) -

Can I get an invite? Name is Zeno.

#145 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

This queueing is redonkulous.

#146 Posted by Sanity (1891 posts) -

would also love a invite, my smugglers name is dudy.

#147 Posted by Brodehouse (9582 posts) -
@Valames

What are some of the guild rules? I am on the server as a Jedi Consular (Valames). I just don't want to join a guild that's all politics this, homophobe that, pro-religion/anti-religion. I just want to have fun.

Well I think Jedi and norms should be equal, but they shouldn't use the same swimmin' pools.
#148 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (174 posts) -

Thank you bioware for puttin us on one of the busiest servers on the list :P

832 in line, launch day is gonna be amazing

#149 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I haven't played this yet, but if the GB guilds for both factions are on the same server, does that mean you can't have a character on each faction and play both in the GB guilds? That's unfortunate, if that's the case. :/

#150 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Branthog said:

I haven't played this yet, but if the GB guilds for both factions are on the same server, does that mean you can't have a character on each faction and play both in the GB guilds? That's unfortunate, if that's the case. :/

No, you can have characters of both faction.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.