Good Luck Have Bothans - GiantBomb NA PVE Guild (Republic)

#151 Posted by Branthog (5563 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Branthog said:

I haven't played this yet, but if the GB guilds for both factions are on the same server, does that mean you can't have a character on each faction and play both in the GB guilds? That's unfortunate, if that's the case. :/

No, you can have characters of both faction.

Wow, that's unusual. A character under both factions on the same server usually isn't allowed. Glad to know. :)

#152 Edited by Brackynews (4065 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Well I think Jedi and norms should be equal, but they shouldn't use the same swimmin' pools.

You and your damn midichlorine bigotry. :P

@Branthog: I think what CL60 means is, you can have as many characters as you like, but each can only belong to the guild faction that matches their alignment (empire/republic). Anyway, I have two on Mind Trick, one in each guild. Nothing unusual.

#153 Edited by Branthog (5563 posts) -

@Brackynews said:

@Brodehouse said:

Well I think Jedi and norms should be equal, but they shouldn't use the same swimmin' pools.

You and your damn midichlorine bigotry. :P

@Branthog: I think what CL60 means is, you can have as many characters as you like, but each can only belong to the guild faction that matches their alignment (empire/republic). Anyway, I have two on Mind Trick, one in each guild. Nothing unusual.

Actually, most of the MMOs I've played in the last decade (well, the ones that use sharding instead of a single universe) don't allow you to roll characters on the same server that will serve different factions. Your second character for the other faction would have to exist on a different server. :)

#154 Posted by Branthog (5563 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

Dammit. I was still on the fence about getting The Old Republic, but these community guild names are just too awesome.

I wasn't on the fence, at all. As usual, I don't care for the current sad state of MMOs and don't care about Star Wars. Have said so for months. And, like usually is the case, when it got to a few days before launch, I said "oh what the fuck" and bought it. I don't know why I always do this. I'm such a sucker. :)

#155 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

@Valames

What are some of the guild rules? I am on the server as a Jedi Consular (Valames). I just don't want to join a guild that's all politics this, homophobe that, pro-religion/anti-religion. I just want to have fun.

With that, I will gladly join this guild tomorrow. I had to go Christmas shopping with the wife today. But she bought me Dungeon Defenders, so that's cool.

#156 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1422 posts) -

I played again last night and was able to put in a substantial amount of time, around 6 hours or so, and had a real good time. Minus a misunderstanding about a quest that cost me an hour. I swear, I thought those combat drone consoles were the huge 3 terminals in the ruins, not the things that look like grave stones. Also, I'm not sure if I ran into a bug or what but has anyone experienced items from their hot bar disappearing after they die or some times after a battle? Not like gone forever, just removed. I don't know if it's doing that on it's own or if I'm accidentally removing them when I'm adjusting the camera.

Anyway, I should totally put some time into studying, but I'll more than likely just play some more. I mean, it is the weekend after all.

#157 Posted by megalowho (965 posts) -

Man I'd like to keep going on this server but the queues are already unbelievably bad. There's no chance they up the player count on these, right? I'm really afraid of what this will be like after launch and over the holidays.

#158 Posted by Ragnar (90 posts) -

@megalowho said:

Man I'd like to keep going on this server but the queues are already unbelievably bad. There's no chance they up the player count on these, right? I'm really afraid of what this will be like after launch and over the holidays.

Yeah....40 min wait right now when all the others have like 10min waits. We may have chosen servers poorly.

#159 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

@Ragnar: That's why you never log off :P

#160 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Position in queue - 547.

Yay?

#161 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@mosdl said:

Position in queue - 547.

Yay?

Yay!

#162 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (178 posts) -

559! hey we're line buddies!

#163 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

you know, chart while in queue would be nice

#164 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (178 posts) -

indeed it would or a minigame or something

#165 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Just be glad we're not on the Harbinger or something. Our queue is nothing in comparison. Can try ours and it'll say you're around 400 in the queue, try The Harbinger, and you're 1200.

#166 Posted by Neezie (118 posts) -

Warioware Mega Microgames is perfect for queue lines

#167 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

I call my roommate and tell him to sign in a half hour before I get home.

#168 Posted by Brackynews (4065 posts) -

I think Yoda Stories should be the official queue minigame.

It's not like they couldn't swing that deal with THQ. ;)

Also I watched Beverly Hills Cop III today, with the George Lucas cameo, and laughed and laughed...

#169 Posted by Branthog (5563 posts) -

The queue will even out over time. The swarm of people who bought the game in the past month just got in over the last 24hrs, so of course it's bad right now. Well, now *right* now, because it's prime time in the evening and I had zero queue time, but you know what I mean.

#170 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1422 posts) -

I usually take a nap, if it's at night, when I'm in a long queue. One thing I noticed about myself and MMOs, I can't not do every quest. That completionist side of me has to do every quest I get and I have to complete, maybe not all of them, but a majority of them before I turn them all in.

That Black Suns clinic heroic quest (Face...changers or something?) was whooping my ass. Now that I'm in Justicar territory I accepted the deed heroic quest that I've been seeing everyone looking for groups for and I understand why. Heroic 4? Yeah, I think I'll wait until I can get some people in the guild who want to roll that quest with me. In the mean time I'm going to do other quests and keep leveling up. I need put some points into my sage ability that reduces my threat (or whatever it's called) when I heal. I also need to get used to healing more and doing a better job at healing if I want to be helpful to other people.

On a side note, how do I take a screenshot? Is it like Steam where I have to hit F12, or is it another key?

Oh yeah, I'm also level 15 and I have yet to find any head gear. When do I get my funny hat?

#171 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

The trick is to never log off.

#172 Posted by Branthog (5563 posts) -

@Floppypants said:

The trick is to never log off.

Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't tried pimping $150+ editions of an MMO yet by offering them extended AFK logout timeouts of an hour or something and allowing them to jump to the head of every queue.

#173 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: If I'm not in the middle of something, Catherine might appear to help get you through some of those heroics.

So Catherine is a pretty good armormech. I can make stuff that is beyond my level. And I've been crafting old level 9 and 13 stuff and sending it to Troopers and Smugglers who can use it. If you're one of those classes and < level 20, send me a mail and I'll cook some stuff up for you.

#174 Posted by Nexas (625 posts) -

I think I might need to slow down a bit. I just got to Tatooine last night, and it was pretty much empty.

#175 Posted by Brodehouse (9887 posts) -

I haven't run Hammer Station. Let's set up a Bothans run tonight! Maybe a couple, depending on how many people want in. Let's say, 7 eastern 4 pacific, or what works for folks (I'm off work at 4 est). Reply to this post if you're down!

I'm Catherine, and I'm tank spec Vanguard.

#176 Posted by Etaber (160 posts) -

I'm in!

Etrabe heal spec Commando.

I also have the two flashpoints after this one, Athiss and Mandolorian Raiders.

#177 Edited by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -

@Brodehouse Yes! I'm down I'm the gunslinger grinlock. Now I just need to work out your crazy time zone riddle.

edit: ok i think this is 12 gmt so i'll mos def be online.

#178 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Shockmaster would be down for some Hammer Station shenanigans. I'm also a Vanguard tank but you know what they say about 2 tanks? Yeah, I don't know either.

#179 Posted by StarvingGamer (8156 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

On a side note, how do I take a screenshot? Is it like Steam where I have to hit F12, or is it another key?

I can't check but I'd assume that you take screenshots by pressing the "Print Screen" button.

#180 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (348 posts) -
@StarvingGamer

I can't check but I'd assume that you take screenshots by pressing the "Print Screen" button.

Or if you got the collectors edition you get a camera. I haven't used it yet though.
#181 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Yep if fires it into my documents.

#182 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1422 posts) -

@StarvingGamer The print screen button? Why the hell didn't I think of that? Thanks man.

@Brodehouse You're Catherine? Cool, I'm insanius. I'm usually the one that asks a bunch of questions as soon as I log on lol

I'm playing a Jedi Consular and am only level 15, so I won't be able use any of the awesome stuff you make. I think a Bothans run would be pretty cool if everyone is down for it; I'm not sure what time I'll be on tonight though.At 4:15 pm EST I'll be watching the Patriots/Broncos game and at around 8 pm I'll be watching the Simpsons if it's a new episode (Kind of a weekly thing I do).

#183 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The queue is huge already. :'(

#184 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1406 posts) -

We should create some sort of list on the website with our guild names? Got my last final this week before I can come back on but yeah I'm Roxas in guild =D

#185 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@LethalKi11ler said:

We should create some sort of list on the website with our guild names? Got my last final this week before I can come back on but yeah I'm Roxas in guild =D

Oh hey Roxas. I'm Oreteg.

#186 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (178 posts) -

Keiran here

#187 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

One server has 1hour 15 minutes of wait.

Damn EA, go get more hardware.

#188 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@LethalKi11ler said:

Max Chance!

#189 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -

Gerik here. I'm playing a Vanguard. Pew pew pew, smack, bbzzzzpt.

#190 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1422 posts) -

I've seen a bunch of Commandos wherever I go, I don't believe I've seen a Vanguard yet. I'm really enjoying my Sage character (Insanius).

I'm all, "Take this rock, now take this stream of rocks. Hey, remember that first rock? Well, take it again! Heal! Ha!"

#191 Posted by Nexas (625 posts) -

So what's the guilds policy on alts? Can we have any in the guild, and if so is there a limit?

#192 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1422 posts) -

Looks like the servers will be shut down for maintenance (for the launch) from 7 pm to 12 am, and they'll launch the game again at 12:01 am. I'm probably going to stay up and play during the launch just for the hell of it.

#193 Posted by FokisMoney (48 posts) -

Flyckic is the name I'll be on for launch getting my smuggle on

#194 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

@Valames said:

@CL60 said:

@LethalKi11ler said:

Max Chance!

I love that name. Wish I had thought of it. Captain Max Chance!

I'm Aybara the gunslinger.

#195 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Shang-ji reporting.

#196 Posted by LukeNuk3m (20 posts) -

Is there an Empire faction Giant Bomb guild on the Mind Trick server or is it just Republic?

#197 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

@LukeNuk3m said:

Is there an Empire faction Giant Bomb guild on the Mind Trick server or is it just Republic?

Check out Kessler run. Its the Empire guild and its on the Mind Trick server as well.

#198 Posted by LukeNuk3m (20 posts) -

@Zimbo: Ah I misread that guild as being on a PvP server. Thank you, kind sir. I'll try asking for an invite when the servers return.

#199 Edited by Robo (792 posts) -

I think I may be joining yall.

I have no interest in a PVP server. It always seems like a good idea at first but it inevitably devolves into a gank fest.

I'm still undecided on whether or not to get this game yet though.

#200 Posted by Nhoj_Sllew (178 posts) -

server is up GOGOGOGOGO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.