Good Luck Have Bothans - GiantBomb NA PVE Guild (Republic)

• 411 results
#201 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Everybody in!

#202 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Mind trick is already full, damn.

#203 Posted by newhaap (417 posts) -

@Nexas said:

So what's the guilds policy on alts? Can we have any in the guild, and if so is there a limit?

Bumping this question, not really liking my current character so I'm considering making a different one. Is that cool?

#204 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

I don't think we really have any rules. I see no problem

#205 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@newhaap said:

@Nexas said:

So what's the guilds policy on alts? Can we have any in the guild, and if so is there a limit?

Bumping this question, not really liking my current character so I'm considering making a different one. Is that cool?

Go for it.

#206 Posted by Robo (776 posts) -

Was planning on hopping on tonight but i got the game kind of late and there's no telling when this will finish downloading random parts.

I find the lack of an accurate progress bar disturbing.

#207 Posted by Brodehouse (9639 posts) -

I'm considering making a healer because we are loaded with vanguards and gunslingers.

Even though I'm already 24 (I could probably skip Nar Shadaa at this point), i'm trying to finish every quest on Taris. Anyone up for Knight Fall and Mutations at 5 eastern?

#208 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

I don't seem to be on when anyone else is around -- if someone gets a chance, could you invite "Branthog" into the guild? Would be much appreciated.

#209 Edited by bunnymud (717 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I'm considering making a healer because we are loaded with vanguards and gunslingers.

Gunslingers....Gunslingers everywhere.

I was also thinking about going the healer route and make my GS my alt. But I really like him. I'll shake something out by the weekend.

EDIT: Gonna roll a sage I think

Extra-Super Edit: Ayup...rolling one once I get home....permitting que times

#210 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Branthog said:

I don't seem to be on when anyone else is around -- if someone gets a chance, could you invite "Branthog" into the guild? Would be much appreciated.

Have you gotten an invite yet? I'm going to be hopping on in a bit when I get passed the queue.

#211 Edited by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

I took a look at Valames' drawing of his character, Max-Chance and decided to draw my own character. Not as good as his, but I still had fun doing it.

(Sometimes you need actual eyes)

Wait...The enemies are where now?

On a more related note, I wonder how long the queue times will be now that the game is officially out. I guess I'll find out tonight when I'm not out running errands.

#212 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: Use the force! ...you know, to see.

#213 Posted by pnut815 (23 posts) -

Are we gonna schedule any flash point runs?

#214 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

@pnut815 said:

Are we gonna schedule any flash point runs?

I think, for the time being, you give a holla in the guild chat. Usually there are people willing to help out/do a run.

#215 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Anyone having problems using the guild chat? I can't see it or type into it.

#216 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Queue position 802 - does no one else have a life? :)

#217 Posted by Brodehouse (9639 posts) -

@pnut815: I'm always trying to set up flashpoints or heroics, but I don't think many of the 60 some Bothans read this thread day to day.

I'd like to do Mandalorian Raiders if anyone is level appropriate.

#218 Posted by MrFlibble (67 posts) -

going to ask for an invite next time i log into my consular, character name is Sunrider

#219 Posted by pnut815 (23 posts) -

@Brodehouse: I haven't been playing much on that server now. I don't think I like my Jedi inquisitor. I've been playing bounty hunter recently. I will play over the break though.

#220 Posted by Osmiles (196 posts) -

Been playing a smuggler, will ask for invite on my next log.

#221 Edited by DefaultProphet (377 posts) -

Joined up earlier today, I'm Ceminon the troopa' going for like a combat medic role

#222 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Did they up the amount of people on a server? Haven't had a queue all day.

#223 Posted by Iireku (147 posts) -

Just joined. In game I'm Jart, a Trooper who has yet to decide which advanced class to roll.

#224 Posted by DefaultProphet (377 posts) -

@CL60 said:

Did they up the amount of people on a server? Haven't had a queue all day.

Had a 300 person queue around 9pm. Oh well.

#225 Posted by Brodehouse (9639 posts) -

Lady Catherine is setting up a Mandalorian Raiders run today at 6 eastern! Any Bothans in the 25-30 area interested? She's a tank but I wouldn't mind another one, these mandos can put out some damage.

#226 Posted by Etaber (160 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Lady Catherine is setting up a Mandalorian Raiders run today at 6 eastern! Any Bothans in the 25-30 area interested? She's a tank but I wouldn't mind another one, these mandos can put out some damage.

I should be able to make that. lvl 27 healer commando.

#227 Posted by SeattleOriginal (14 posts) -

Rayn, Jedi Sage checking in on the boards :)

#228 Posted by TheBostonPops (70 posts) -

Howdy, this is Tyrwin the Jedi Knight.

#229 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

I got invited to a group while I was playing today (first time that actually happened). The weird thing was, I had no idea where they were and how they saw me since I couldn't see them until they invited me; plus, they were another map section away, on the same planet as me, so I had to run all the way to them (and I ended up running past them without realizing it too lol). I had a lot of fun and I realized that I can do a pretty good job at healing, so that's a definite plus as well. Now when a Guild member is looking for a healer for a mission, I can be confident enough to help them out instead of not saying anything.

I believe their names were Kusaragi or Kusagi(Jedi Knight), Legato(Jedi Shadow I think) and Shootrmc...something(smuggler). Super nice dudes and they gave me some of their loot after the boss fight in the Heroic quest on Taris. I can't remember the name; I believe we had to destroy some generators. If you see them around or end up in a group with them know that they're good people. They treated a Bothan well, so that should be worth something.

#230 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Branthog said:

Have you gotten an invite yet? I'm going to be hopping on in a bit when I get passed the queue.

Not yet, no. Havent' seen anyone on teamspeak on this server, either (when I'm on, at least) or I'd ask there, too. Anyway, if you get around to it - great. No rush or anything. :)

#231 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

@Branthog said:

@CL60 said:

@Branthog said:

Not yet, no. Havent' seen anyone on teamspeak on this server, either (when I'm on, at least) or I'd ask there, too. Anyway, if you get around to it - great. No rush or anything. :)

Whoops. I saw you online yesterday as well and wasn't sure whether you had got one yet. Sorry!

#232 Posted by Branthog (7342 posts) -

@Zimbo said:

@Branthog said:

@CL60 said:

@Branthog said:

Whoops. I saw you online yesterday as well and wasn't sure whether you had got one yet. Sorry!

No worries. I'm in, now.

#233 Posted by DonChipotle (2697 posts) -

Got the game today, this guild sounds like the guild for me! Gonna join it later, hope to have some fun with fellowe duders

#234 Posted by niamahai (1405 posts) -

<----Forcemuffin

cmon guys add me!

#235 Posted by BeefyGrandmole (341 posts) -

Hey all, grinlock probably won't be on til Tuesday a I'm at my families. GLHB and merry Christmas

#236 Edited by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Girlfriend is over visiting family for a few days, what better thing to do than impulse buy SWTOR.  Probably going to roll jedi consular.

Edit: After downloading for 20 hours, character is finally made.  Some asshole took the name Luthien already so I'll have to settle for Codante as my jedi consular.

#237 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I can't resist buying this game anymore. I must become a Jedi!

#238 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

I was telling some of my fellow Bothans about this video so I decided to post it here for those who haven't seen it.

This video was filmed by Adam Boyes and was uploaded on the Kessler Run topic (and Adam's youtube account "thebooya"). Basically, Adam, Johnny V and, I'm assuming, some members of Kessler Run were in the game together when John V fell asleep (multiple times if Adam Boyes is to be believed) while playing; his character was on auto-run and running in circles while John V snored through his mic. The video is only 30 seconds long, but I found myself watching it multiple times.

#239 Posted by Rnez (2 posts) -

just got the game. Name is 'Desidarius'. send an invite please

#240 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -

Is there any particular person I should whisper for an invite?  I just went down the list of names on the forum page for the guild and no one was on.  Though I could also be somehow misusing the whisper function...

#241 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Is there any particular person I should whisper for an invite? I just went down the list of names on the forum page for the guild and no one was on. Though I could also be somehow misusing the whisper function...

list your name and we can invite when we get in

#242 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

@Turambar said:

Is there any particular person I should whisper for an invite? I just went down the list of names on the forum page for the guild and no one was on. Though I could also be somehow misusing the whisper function...

On the social window, search Good luck have bothans. The list should only show guildies, whisper anyone for an invite =D

#243 Posted by bunnymud (717 posts) -

Merry Christmas dudders

Sith....not so much

#244 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -
Finally hit 50.  This game is pretty good.
#245 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1845 posts) -

@Floppypants said:

Finally hit 50. This game is pretty good.

Excellent work! Now go take a nap, holy shit.

#246 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

So, last night I ran into a little problem with the game. When I arrived on Tatooine I went and tried to pick up some quests (side quests) and was told, in red text, "You must complete missions before doing that". So, being a bit confused I asked the guild as well as seeing if I still had any incomplete quests that might be triggering it. I was told that those quests more than likely had a "prequel" to them and that I have to do those before hand; it made sense, so I rolled with it and just grinded a bit. After I logged out I ended up googling what might've gone wrong, thinking that maybe I just needed to log off and then back on, to fix what I thought was a glitch.

Turns out you can only have 25 active quests on you log, tracked or untracked, and when you reach 25 you can't accept anymore until you either A) Complete some of them or B) Abandon some of them. Luckily, all of the quests I have tracked are a bunch of space missions and Heroics that I decided to pass up. When I log back on I'll abandon a bunch of the quests that take place in space and maybe some of the heroics. I'll more than likely keep the flashpoints in my log because I'll have to do them eventually.

#247 Posted by Asmo917 (398 posts) -

Hi gang, I'm slowly getting into this and enjoying it despite having no MMO experience or a solid knowledge base to draw on. Should I focus on getting off Tython before asking for an invite? Do I have to?

And yes, my character name is dumb, but in my defense, I only added a character or two to a game-generated name to become: PeyoteDonkey the Jedi Knight.

#248 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

@Asmo917:You don't have to get off of Tython before asking for an invite. I'm sure who ever is online when you are will happily invite you to the guild, all you have to do is search for Good Luck Have Bothans in the social window and you'll see a list of all everyone in the guild. Just send a whisper and they'll invite you (thanks to LethalK11ler for that bit of info.)

#249 Posted by Jimmi (166 posts) -

I will join once this hellish download completes... so a couple days. Probably going to roll a Jedi Knight as my republic dude, unless there is a need for different classes in the guild?

Also, it says on the website this only has nine members, but that seems a little low. How many people are in it?

#250 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1399 posts) -

@Jimmi said:

I will join once this hellish download completes... so a couple days. Probably going to roll a Jedi Knight as my republic dude, unless there is a need for different classes in the guild?

Also, it says on the website this only has nine members, but that seems a little low. How many people are in it?

Last I checked there are over 100 members.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.