Good Luck Have Bothans - GiantBomb NA PVE Guild (Republic)

#251 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

112 members actually as of this moment

#252 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Jimmi said:

I will join once this hellish download completes... so a couple days. Probably going to roll a Jedi Knight as my republic dude, unless there is a need for different classes in the guild?

Also, it says on the website this only has nine members, but that seems a little low. How many people are in it?

100+ As to be expected, the Empire guild has even more.

#253 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

It kind of bums me out to know that there are over 100 members in our guild, but lately I've seen less 20 of us online at once.

#254 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
@insane_shadowblade85 There may or may not have been other things happening for a lot of people the last few days.
#255 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1839 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

It kind of bums me out to know that there are over 100 members in our guild, but lately I've seen less 20 of us online at once.

I've been taking a break and letting my friends catch up. I'm burning myself because all of the stuff I'm playing through currently I've done 2-3 before in beta and all I want to do is get to the fun stuff I haven't experienced yet

#256 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

@Brodehouse:Yeah, that's true. I completely forgot people travel around to see family and friends around this time of year.

: Man, I should take a break as well so I can finish the mountain of games I haven't beaten yet. Some of them haven't even been played at all.

#257 Posted by SeattleOriginal (14 posts) -

I will be on today, granted I'm usually always on. :)

#258 Posted by phonicpod (99 posts) -

I asked for an invite but was told it was full?? ...

#259 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
@phonicpod Whoever you messaged probably thought you were referring to a group. Leave your name here and I'll hop on with Catherine and send you an invite.
#260 Posted by phonicpod (99 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Teraskasi

#261 Posted by HombreGato (56 posts) -

Hi, just caved in and bought TOR. Please send an invite/friend request/whatever to HombreGato

#262 Posted by DefaultProphet (377 posts) -

I haven't been on all week cause im away. Sucks I want to play

#263 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

So you guys are at 100+ members? We just hit 300+! 
 
Long live Kessler Run and the Galactic Empire!

#264 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Are there any Sages out there who are putting their skill points purely in the Seer tree, or are you mixing and matching with the telekinetic tree? I've been putting all of my points in the Seer tree and I'm wondering if I should look at the other trees for some of their skills. I notice that during longer fights (few and far between) I tend to get real close to running out of force power and maybe there might be some skill in one of the other trees that I can unlock to get more force power or use less of it during combat and healing.

#265 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@RiotBananas said:

So you guys are at 100+ members? We just hit 300+! Long live Kessler Run and the Galactic Empire!

It's not fair! Stop going Empire, you're the reason Huttball shows up 90% of the time!!!!

#266 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@CL60 said:

@RiotBananas said:

So you guys are at 100+ members? We just hit 300+! Long live Kessler Run and the Galactic Empire!

It's not fair! Stop going Empire, you're the reason Huttball shows up 90% of the time!!!!

We should have been on a PvP server so we could mess eachother up. I have a bounty on that Riddicky head of yours.
#267 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Don't worry CL60, Insanius will never abandon the Republic. We're the lovable underdogs.

#268 Posted by Neezie (117 posts) -

Took out the coruscant world boss with some people from the guild, here are some screens. We had no tank but still somehow pulled it off. Resurrecting at the medical center then running back is apparently a legitimate strategy.

Online
#269 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

@Neezie said:

Took out the coruscant world boss with some people from the guild, here are some screens. We had no tank but still somehow pulled it off. Resurrecting at the medical center then running back is apparently a legitimate strategy.

Brothans represent

#270 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@Neezie said:

Took out the coruscant world boss with some people from the guild, here are some screens. We had no tank but still somehow pulled it off. Resurrecting at the medical center then running back is apparently a legitimate strategy.

That is me asking a question on guild chat, always helping out!

#271 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Man, what have I been doing? I need to get in on these things.

#272 Posted by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

I wish I had a gaming PC, I'd totally get this, and join this guild of course! Republic will have my support as a Jedi Counselor and eventually Sage.

#273 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#274 Edited by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
#275 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Who's that sexy man with the orange lightsaber? It's me! =D

#276 Posted by FokisMoney (48 posts) -

I'm still waiting on an invite to the guild :(

flyckic is my in game name, and im a lvl 16 smuggler/gunslinger

#277 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@FokisMoney said:

I'm still waiting on an invite to the guild :(

flyckic is my in game name, and im a lvl 16 smuggler/gunslinger

you have to be online to get invited, its weird that way

#278 Posted by FokisMoney (48 posts) -

that is pretty weird, well i'm going to be on for the next two hours, if any bombers would like to help a friend in need and send an invite :)

#279 Edited by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
Glow sticks
pondering
/tebow
Personal photo of Cathy and her robot dad
#280 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Do we get XP for defeating world bosses? I don't remember getting any for this one or the one on Coruscant.

#281 Posted by Death_Unicorn (2838 posts) -

I don't have ToR, but I came in here to say I approve of this name.

#282 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I wanna play, but annoying kids are here for a few days, and I don't want to play around them. :'(

#283 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

How are you guys on tanking Vanguards? I'm almost at 50 on my other server with my Imperial friends and am thinking that tanking Vanguard is going to be the first Republic class I want to roll.

#284 Posted by DefaultProphet (377 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

How are you guys on tanking Vanguards? I'm almost at 50 on my other server with my Imperial friends and am thinking that tanking Vanguard is going to be the first Republic class I want to roll.

Terrible, we need more tanks badly

#285 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -

Vanguard is pretty good. We got mitigation and endurance for days. I do wish my taunts cooled down a little faster, and harpoon isn't as reliable as it could be.

#286 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -

@DefaultProphet: Cool, I'll probably pop on every once in a while starting next week but I won't be able to tank content for you guys for a while. Do you guys have good crew skill representation? I was considering Cybertech but I know that Biochem has been generally unpopular and it might be worth having infinite stims as a tank.

#287 Posted by SeattleOriginal (14 posts) -

@insane_shadowblade85: I am looking at a build like this, tweeking 1 or 2 points to what you want since it seems to be an extra one or two I don't know what to do with.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGdRrd0dGzZf00MZ0M.1

#288 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

@DefaultProphet said:

@StarvingGamer said:

How are you guys on tanking Vanguards? I'm almost at 50 on my other server with my Imperial friends and am thinking that tanking Vanguard is going to be the first Republic class I want to roll.

Terrible, we need more tanks badly

Tanks are hard to find on the server, plenty of healers though.

#289 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I'm a tank.

#290 Posted by Floppypants (798 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

How are you guys on tanking Vanguards? I'm almost at 50 on my other server with my Imperial friends and am thinking that tanking Vanguard is going to be the first Republic class I want to roll.

Vanguards are one of the most popular choices in GLHB.
My Vanguard tank is sitting at 50 with nothing to do other than do boring daily quests.
#291 Posted by StarvingGamer (7999 posts) -
@Floppypants Bargh, how about tanking Shadows?
#292 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Quick question for the tanks here. I'm thinking about rolling another character when I hit the cap with my Sage and I was wondering what makes a better tank, a Commando or a Vanguard? Just curious.

#293 Posted by Brodehouse (9586 posts) -
@insane_shadowblade85: Commandos can't tank, so Vanguards.
#294 Posted by JoMate (241 posts) -

You'l never guess but I have annother tank in the making it's a shadow and currently only lvl 14 so not much of a tank yet. But give it some time to develop and grow and we will have a new tank in our mids in no time.

#295 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

These kids need to hurry up and leave. I can't play games without them freaking out and coming over and repeatedly asking stupid questions, and lifting my headphones off my ears.

#296 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

We are going to nar shaddaa to do the world boss and do some dancing right now

#297 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

Last night, me and some of the other Bothans went and fought, and killed, 3 more world bosses. Our first world boss of the night was the droid on Alderaan; I must admit, I sucked during that fight (died 3 times T_T ) but, I did end up outrunning it in my STAP, so there's that. The second world boss of the night was the...droid world boss on Nar Shaddaa. We did a lot better in that one because no one died. Mad efficient! And last, but not least, we took on the world boss on Tatooine, who wasn't a droid! That one didn't go as well as the Nar Shaddaa world boss fight, a few of us died, but we still killed it. I wish I had pictures of the fights, but I wasn't thinking.

After the battles and we all went about our business, some of us stayed and decided to try and hop onto the balloon that you see flying in the desert. We got on and rode it ( it was like forever) until we got to the datacores someone wanted. Some of us (not me) mistimed our jumps.

I spy, with my little eye, something that starts with an S. You'll never guess what it is.
And over here we see the Sarlacc Pit. I wish I had my ship.
#298 Edited by SquigglyElf (39 posts) -

I've got some pictures from the crazy long balloon ride. There was nothing to do but snap pictures, really. But since I was one of the ones who missed the second datacron, I have to do it all over again. I'm going to do it again tonight I think, if anyone wants to come with.

It was an agonizing wait for the balloon.
Fairly early on, people started getting kind of antsy.
Sarlacc!
Then we saw the datacrons, and everyone started to get real excited. Then kind of scared that they would mess it up.
I didn't get any more pics than that, but here's one that looks kinda cool.
#299 Edited by Turambar (6675 posts) -
@StarvingGamer said:

@Floppypants Bargh, how about tanking Shadows?

I think I'm the only tank Shadow in the guild right now, so we can always use more.  Combat Technique makes our Armor Rating pretty damn good (far higher than Guardians), but you lack good threat generation skills until you hit lv 30 and get force pull.
 
@insane_shadowblade85 said:

After the battles and we all went about our business, some of us stayed and decided to try and hop onto the balloon that you see flying in the desert. We got on and rode it ( it was like forever) until we got to the datacores someone wanted. Some of us (not me) mistimed our jumps.

SHUT UP!! SHUT UP I HATE EVERYTHING!!
#300 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1389 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@StarvingGamer said:

@Floppypants Bargh, how about tanking Shadows?

I think I'm the only tank Shadow in the guild right now, so we can always use more. Combat Technique makes our Armor Rating pretty damn good (far higher than Guardians), but you lack good threat generation skills until you hit lv 30 and get force pull.

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

After the battles and we all went about our business, some of us stayed and decided to try and hop onto the balloon that you see flying in the desert. We got on and rode it ( it was like forever) until we got to the datacores someone wanted. Some of us (not me) mistimed our jumps.

SHUT UP!! SHUT UP I HATE EVERYTHING!!

Wait...Codante? It's, um, it's gonna be OK man. They'll always be there...

Did I mention I got both of them? =D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.