Good Luck Have Bothans - GiantBomb NA PVE Guild (Republic)

#351 Posted by FictionalHippo (19 posts) -

Can I get an invite please? Name is Mirala. I asked a few people ingame but got no response.

Thank you.

#352 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

BOOM! done with class story

now i just need 3 more levels : /

#353 Posted by General_D23 (1201 posts) -

Don't know if anyone still remembers Gunai (or Vossak from Kessler Run for that matter) but I thought I might as well check in here at this point.

My PC broke down a little after Christmas. I've managed to get it working, but now it's having overheating problems and it looks like getting it to the point where it can play games again might take a bit longer. I'd love to be playing right now, but I've got some more things to fix.

#354 Posted by EDfromRED (126 posts) -

Would you kindly send Edfromred an invite to Good Luck Have Bothans? Looking forward to showing those despicable Sith skum the barrel of my blaster : )

#355 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@EDfromRED

Would you kindly send Edfromred an invite to Good Luck Have Bothans? Looking forward to showing those despicable Sith skum the barrel of my blaster : )

Send a whisper to somebody ingame, I would invite you but I'm at work right now.
#356 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

anyone wanna get the +10 datacrons on the fleet sometime?

#357 Posted by FictionalHippo (19 posts) -

Did the guild die? I keep logging on and there is no one on. I miss you guys :(

#358 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

I show up sometimes, but nobody else is really on. Which is also the reason I don't play much.

#359 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1455 posts) -

I logged on a few days ago and only saw three people on so I didn't stay very long. I've been playing Champions Online for a bit so that's where I've been.

#360 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Yeah, I rarely see more than 4, canceled my sub today as I barely played any past month.

#361 Posted by Mageknight (122 posts) -

Kessler Run isn't doing too much better, but we can pull 15+ people on weekends around raid time. We're definitely on a hard decline, though.

#362 Posted by Marz (5653 posts) -

been playing my consular, but guess there's no real reason to ask for an invite to the Republic guild now :P

#363 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -

Have you guys been able to do HM operations?

#364 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

@FictionalHippo: Yeah I don't play anymore. December-January was really the perfect time as nothing worth playing was coming out.

Loved my time with y'all Bothans. Big ups to everyone. Easily the most fun I had with an MMO.

#365 Posted by Mageknight (122 posts) -

@amir90: Not to get too off topic from GLHB but yeah, we run HMs regularly and we're starting to get into Nightmare.

#366 Posted by amir90 (2156 posts) -
@Mageknight

@amir90: Not to get too off topic from GLHB but yeah, we run HMs regularly and we're starting to get into Nightmare.

Cool, same in my guild, though SoA and bonetrasher tend to bug out on us.
#367 Posted by FictionalHippo (19 posts) -

If you guys are all leaving the game I feel like I may as well not resub. Talking random shit with you guys while I played was the best bit. Now I'm underleveled and not enjoying the past areas I need to grind and I have no reason to care.

Femshep you were a bro man.

#368 Posted by fleshribbon (83 posts) -

If the GLHB guild is on the decline I guess I won't bother to switch servers and try to join the guild.

#369 Posted by byterunner (307 posts) -

hrmm.

I've been playing for a while now. And yeah, last few days have been boring. Mainly by myself just leveling up.

I'm at Corellia and 2 levels away from cap...sucks that the guild died like that.

I might continue playing through to cap and end of the JK story.

I need to get Tra'vis Touchdown to level cap.

#370 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1455 posts) -

I'm going to come back to get both of my characters to the cap. Hopefully there will be more of us on when that happens.

#371 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

I'll gladly keep subbing if Bothans return/keep playing. I love you guys and I wanted to do so much more with this game.

#372 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

How active is the guild these days? I'd imagine there was a dramatic drop off at some point. I've been thinking about hopping back in.

#373 Posted by paulunga (2018 posts) -

I'd actually love to join but it seems as if no one's ever playing. :(

#374 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

Remember the good times! Fleet dance party! That time we killed the horrible monster on Taris. President Evil.

#375 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

That time we ran Directive 7 and we got killed by 25 clones of Greenmeanie.

#376 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1833 posts) -

@paulunga: same on empire guild :[

#377 Posted by paulunga (2018 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

I find it strange to see someone reminisce about an MMO that's not even 6 months old.

#378 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -
@paulunga

@Brodehouse said:

I find it strange to see someone reminisce about an MMO that's not even 6 months old.

Why? I reminisce about Skyrim the same way.

This idea that a video game is no good if I don't play it for six months straight is fucking ridiculous. When the next MMO comes out (Guild Wars, Secret World), I'll play it for a month or two and then stop. Some people would call that a failure of an MMO. I think those are crazy people.

My friend Nathan won't play a video game unless he's going to devote his entire life to it. It's why he's only played World of Warcraft for the last five years. I play probably a hundred games every year.

They were fun moments that I remember fondly. Like the ending of Bastion and that time I went 40-11 in Bad Company 2.
#379 Edited by paulunga (2018 posts) -

I see I've hit a soapbox topic of yours there, friend. What I'm saying is that The Old Republic is still very much in its infancy. An MMO a year after its release is a very different thing from its original form. WoW or FFXI or what have you are nothing like the game that came on that original DVD. I just find it curious to see people already talk about this one as if they're about to turn off the servers.

I agree with your completely unrelated rant though. I've played tons of MMOs and never stuck with one for very long, but I still have fond memories of Ultima Online or Ragnarok or Graal 2000.

Also, I just finished Bastion yesterday even though I bought it on launch day. God damn, that game's good.

#380 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -
@paulunga Yeah I carry that one with me. That issue drives me nuts.

I think the 'life' of an MMO is interesting, but I'll never be around to see it. I had two 2-3 month stretches of WoW, when they added weather and right before Wrath. I still remember when they changed the talent system, I logged in and had to figure out how to play my healadin all over again.

But if that game died a month after I quit, wouldn't care.

I remember playing FFXI when it came out. I actually wonder what that game is like now. When I played it was about training a bunch of mobs to the entrance of the Dunes and laughing at the chaos.
#381 Posted by paulunga (2018 posts) -

@Brodehouse: Yeah, FFXI is the one I came back to most often in the last 8 years. I remember getting it when it came out (in Europe) expecting to play it with a friend who pulled out at the last minute, joining a Linkshell that was slowly disintegrating/in drama mode and waiting hours on end with my worthless WAR that was neither much good as tank or damage dealer at the time. Oh and Japanese players with their level 75 fully pimped-out characters. Good times.

The main hook for that one for me was strangely similar to TOR, the story. Advancing your Mission Ranks actually made you interact with the NPCs and nations much more so than any other MMO at the time.

Fuck Valkurm Dunes. I'm pretty sure they're obsolete as a leveling spot (thank god). I had to drop the gamma on my monitor any time I went there for an extended amount of time.

#382 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

Sorry to hear the guilds all died. Was thinking of getting on a new server, but I guess I will stick to mine now. Already got a level 50 on it so kind of glad I won't have to abandon my first 50. Oh well.

#383 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

I resubbed. Hopefully some other Bothans did too.

#384 Edited by Arrested_Developer (719 posts) -

I was considering rolling a Pub but maybe I'll just make another Imp.  And the report of Kessler Run's demise are greatly exaggerated, I got on the server about 3 weeks ago and if anything it seems like there have been more and more people on.  We're raiding, pvping, killing world bosses, and questioning whether or not fake Matt Kessler from last weeks TNT has assumed control of the real Matt Kessler's account for some evil plot.  Come on over, we're having tons of fun.

P.S.

Big BOOOOOO!

#385 Posted by kagato (920 posts) -

Is the guild still going? Ive fallen off the track a bit with my Agent and thought id try out Jedi but maybe not worth it if everyones quit.

#386 Posted by Gnorbooth (284 posts) -

Curious as well, as to what's going down. I've been thinking of re-rolling to a different server, and would love to play with some of you GB peeps.

#387 Posted by GrindedStone (28 posts) -

It would be better to wait an see how 1.3 turns out. Servers will colapse into something more than what they are hopefully.

#388 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1455 posts) -

I logged in around 3 a.m EST and I was one of 3 players on Balmorra. I'm gonna try and finish up my Sage and Vanguard stories when I get more time.

#389 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

i suppose its worth saying that our server mind trick is up for transfer. the guilds is long dead anyway so i'd say to go ahead and transfer if any of yall can.

#390 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

I've been holding off on transferring just in case people decide to start playing again. We'd have to decide which server to go to.

#391 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -

@Artemesia: The only option right now is Corellia Run. It has a few servers dumping into it so it should become way more populated than mind trick. Also the guild doesnt transfer so it would need to be remade, though i dont think that anyone cares about it anymore.

#392 Posted by Brodehouse (9950 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Glow sticks

GOOD FUCKING TIMES

#393 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

Well, I went ahead and transferred. If anybody else decided to I will gladly remake the guild.

#394 Edited by ArtelinaRose (1852 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Glow sticks

@Brodehouse said:

GOOD FUCKING TIMES

One of many doofy memories I have screenshotted.

#395 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

I hope some Giant Bombers are still playing. I just picked up the game for $15 and a couple of months for $11 a piece so I'm going to try my hand at it. Should I start on Mind Trick or Corellian Run? It looks like the population on Corellian is better.

#396 Posted by adoggz (2067 posts) -
@BonOrbitz

I hope some Giant Bombers are still playing. I just picked up the game for $15 and a couple of months for $11 a piece so I'm going to try my hand at it. Should I start on Mind Trick or Corellian Run? It looks like the population on Corellian is better.

Yeah go ahead and start on Corellian Run. If you want to play with bombers than the Empire side guild Kessler Run is probably the better choice.
#397 Posted by BonOrbitz (2193 posts) -

@adoggz said:

@BonOrbitz

Yeah go ahead and start on Corellian Run. If you want to play with bombers than the Empire side guild Kessler Run is probably the better choice.

Thanks. Corellian Run it is.

#398 Posted by Scotto (1185 posts) -

The Kessler Run Empire-side guild are still around, and have transferred to Corellian Run. Whisper any member for an invite.

#399 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

The game is $19.99 at my local Best Buy so I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend. Are a lot of duders still playing and will I be alone at the lower levels just starting now?

#400 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@msavo
The game is $19.99 at my local Best Buy so I'm thinking of picking it up this weekend. Are a lot of duders still playing and will I be alone at the lower levels just starting now?
No, you won't. Was on a level 30 planet last night and there were around 40 people there and I also logged onto an alt and the starter planet had about 60+ people on it. I'm not sure about the guilds though if you just want to play with them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.