Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

How changing Instances works

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

So I grouped with a guy, and was notified he was in a different instance of Coruscant, and asked if I wanted to shuttle to it. Button click, loading screen and I was switched. Kinda neat

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By Brackynews

I remember that part being dodgy in the beta, but it sure is nice when it works.

If it doesn't, it's the little dropdown on the bottom right section of the Map screen.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By mosdl

@Brackynews said:

If it doesn't, it's the little dropdown on the bottom right section of the Map screen.

Totally missed that. The UI has a lot of little hidden things that aren't apparent.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By Brackynews

@mosdl: Yup. True for pretty well any MMO I've played. And it only gets worse at higher resolutions. ;) Took me quite a while to find the Codex entry that catalogues all your discoveries on a planet. (It's buried near mission Logs)

I usually consider Cryptic games in pretty high regard for their design of maps and minimaps, but TOR's is definitely better than STO, for example.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By CL60

@Brackynews said:

@mosdl: Yup. True for pretty well any MMO I've played. And it only gets worse at higher resolutions. ;) Took me quite a while to find the Codex entry that catalogues all your discoveries on a planet. (It's buried near mission Logs)

I usually consider Cryptic games in pretty high regard for their design of maps and minimaps, but TOR's is definitely better than STO, for example.

For my Jedi there's sometimes a hologram I have to call up to talk to somebody, and in beta I couldn't find it. But now it's a big blue thing above your portrait. So they're getting better at making things on the UI more apparent :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.