Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

How "hardcore" is the endgame going to be?

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sanity

So i haven't followed this at all and for the longest time now i'v wanted to jump back into a mmo. I played WoW pre-cata and i loved it but the thing that finally pushed me away was how dedicated i had to be to stay current in that game. Running heroics daily and the fact that the raids required way too much time was a big turn off.

Im not saying i dont want to play for hours on end because i will and i do but being locked into a raid for 5 hours was hell at times especially with the occasion shitty guild members and when you were trying to clear content with 8/10 people. I really like what i have seen from this game story wise even though im not a huge Star Wars buff and could see myself getting really into it. Just want to know if this is different from other mmo's where its a mad rush to get to the end-game and nothing really matters in-between. Thanks.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Dagbiker

I will only do end game content if i get to fly into the trenches of the Proto Death Star and blow it up.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Who knows really?
    From the footage I've seen it all looks to be fairly decent raid stuff.
    Crafting's pretty accessible (from what I've seen, mind) and instances and quests are fun.
    But how this all factors in at the level cap I seriously dunno.
    Half the fun for me, a worn out mmo'er, are the voiced quests and story content.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By matthias2437

I hope it is actually hardcore. I stopped playing WoW towards the end of Wrath because the endgame was way to easy, and that is the only reason (for me) to play an MMO.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Dagbiker

@matthias2437 said:

I hope it is actually hardcore. I stopped playing WoW towards the end of Wrath because the endgame was way to easy, and that is the only reason (for me) to play an MMO.

The problem with WOW, i felt, was that it would be inconsistent. one week it would be hardcore, then the next it would be super easy.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By matthias2437

@Dagbiker: Yeah I agree with that. The way it worked in most of Wrath was the first 2-4 weeks after they released it raid it would be very hard, but then they would release a patch that would nerf the boss health and damage 30% because people would complain. They did that with both Ulduar and ToGC. Both of those, when they came out, were very hard. But then Blizz would release a patch that made the "Hard mode" versions of the fights just barley harder then the normal fights were. I would love to get some fun hardcore 10 man stuff out of ToR though, I think they could do some awesome, and challenging stuff with that universe.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Sanity

@matthias2437 said:

@Dagbiker: Yeah I agree with that. The way it worked in most of Wrath was the first 2-4 weeks after they released it raid it would be very hard, but then they would release a patch that would nerf the boss health and damage 30% because people would complain. They did that with both Ulduar and ToGC. Both of those, when they came out, were very hard. But then Blizz would release a patch that made the "Hard mode" versions of the fights just barley harder then the normal fights were. I would love to get some fun hardcore 10 man stuff out of ToR though, I think they could do some awesome, and challenging stuff with that universe.

Agreed, just like i said im hoping that the raids focus more on fun bosses and enjoyable content then just throwing a insane amount of different bosses at you. Im sure im not the only one who though the wow style of heres a building where there just happens to be 15 rooms with big dudes in them, go at it was retarded. Clearing the trash and Morrowgar weekly got old fast once everyone got the loot they wanted from that moron. Im kinda hoping for content that dosent require you to live in a instance for hours on end weekly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.