Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

hrmm.. i guess they did upgrade the graphics a bit...

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Zurv

I've been in the beta for over a year now and i was making a video for a buddy to show what the game looked like.

I did a video for the first 20 as the bonuty hunter.. but after i uploaded to youtube i saw an older video of it... and ... well.. there is more detail now than before.

The grafix still don't wow... but it is nice that they did improve it a bit. I'm been very jaded about the game ... maybe i should give it another look :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05pxi3OsWw8&feature=related <-- older version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzg38d3Cqio <-- newer version (jump to like 3min in to compare to the old one)

it might also be useful to look @ to see what the game look like @ 2560x1600

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Quoted from the video:

If you wanted to see what the graphics and a little game play looks like... here you go :)
    It goes though a few quests and one level up.
    All settings are at max minus AA (that option was greyed out).
    Some parts might look a little jery, but that came from fraps and not the game.
    Game runs 100+ fps no problem.
    This is wha the game will look like when it is released. I've been in the beta for over a year - and while they have cleaned up quests and game play... the graphics haven't change.
    Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Chemin

It does look a bit better. But I guess that's a given, it's a beta after all. Still, at least they ARE improving as the beta moves along.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Nubster

I don't see why improved graphics are a reason to go back to a game you didn't enjoy.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Zurv

they did steamline the quests.. atleast in the first two zones.. a year ago it is crazy grindfest. It isn't so bad now.

For some crazy reason i pre-order.. so i'm still trying to find some reason to look forward to it :)

jipearce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By jipearce

I would have no doubt that as development continues and that servers are prepped and the beta helps inform decisions made on graphical abilities we'll see the graphics become more eye-popping.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By sins_of_mosin

I think the download is pretty big already with the voice acting so if they could trim some gigs off by using good but not great visuals then more power to them for the beta.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

The game looks fine. It's made to play on low end PC's so of course it's not going to be the most breath taking game ever seen.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#9  Edited By Brackynews

Is there any reason to presume that they are seeding beta testers with their maximum quality textures?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

I hope you know that every thing in the beta is confidential.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By senorfuzzeh

Its like skyward sword. Its graphics is its style.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.