Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

I want to like this game so much~

• 55 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I admit it is still in beta, but unless they totally revamp the combat and gameplay, this game is the most unremarkable, boring grind I have experienced.  The entire conversation system seems so disconnected to the rest of the game, it's like they just combined two different games, or two different studios finished their own design and pasted them together.  The conversation options and features are great and often fulfilling with very convincing voice acting.  But because this part of the game is so well put together, the actual gameplay is almost frustrating.  It plays like an ancient mmo (everquest 1) with a hi-res paint job.  The movement is plodding, the grind doesn't fit the world.  The world is far larger than what you would expect in a Kotor game, and for the environments seems over done.  You can see how much better and complete the environments would feel if they as much as half the size.  Often it feels that the map is designed to slow down the progress of the player (often an unnecessary amount of npc which are almost always unavoidable).  Imagine playing mass effect 2 but it takes you 5-10 minutes to walk to the quest marker on the opposite side of a village or plain and with the most uninspired combat ever.   Because they have made the world so "expansive," it's ostensibly dead.  Sparsely filled and boring, where as in most bioware games, environments are noticeably more interactive and fulfilled.  I guess I just find myself grimacing as I wish I was just playing kotor 3 rather than another cookie cutter mmo.  :P

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
    deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Kenobi: I agree, I will probably buy the game and give it a month to convince me.
    Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gargantuan

Before I was in the beta I was a little excited since it's a Bioware game and I love KotOR. The beta killed all hype for me, the dialogue was fine but it was so damn boring to play.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By subject2change

I feel the opposite way I was disappointed with what I saw at PAX Prime in 2010 and was sort of bashing it. When I get the beta invite I figured i'd try it to see if what I felt looked stale was just so. Honestly yes it feels like an MMO however the improvements in the system make it more enjoyable from at least the starting zone perspective (I just hit 10 the other night). AoE loot, Companions and the Voice Acting make it enjoyable. I keep hearing people say they want a non cookie cutter MMO, I don't think anyone in their minds right now know what that means and couldn't even possibly begin to fathom what that would entail. I think with the decline in WoW subscriptions yes people are bored of the same thing but give them a new environment that fixes what they liked about a previous game or just expands on it (i.e. giving Voice Acting to an MMO helps you follow the story better, I still have no idea what I was doing in WoW besides skimming for quest information and doing that as quick as possible). Evil/Good in an MMO is new to my knowledge; playing a greedy asshole Bounty Hunter is awesome. I don't foresee myself buying an MMO that isn't Guild Wars 2 (I like the lack of fee and it looks promising) but I feel SWTOR will make quite a few people happy.
    Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Etaber

How does it compare to WoW combat?

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I am really loving the quests and dialogue and all that, it is much more engaging than any other MMO, but the combat is just okay to me. Pretty much a wow clone, but they don't do it quite as well. I could see myself leveling a few characters to max, just because of the story, but beyond that I don't know if this game will  keep me coming back for the raids or pvp. Still fun though... for now.

J_Las_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By J_Las_Vegas
    @Kenobi:  I know how you feel about the grind.  I didn't find it too bad at the start as a lot of the quests had some variety, but by the time I got to level 20+ virtually all the quests are kill x number of things and collect y of these.  I finished up at level 33 and quit never wanting to see some of the planets I'd been on ever again.  This killed any interest in playing any other classes, as I would have to complete the same grind quests to progress the story.
    On the positive side, the story was really engaging,  but, in my opinion, not worth the time investment required to progress.
    metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By metalmoog

I want to like this game so much...

But it's not being released on OSX and I refuse to partition my HDD just to play a game.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By coakroach

Without the Star Wars license no one would care about this game.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Meowshi
    @coakroach said:
    Its a lore-driver, story-based game.  The license is one of the most important parts.   
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Funkydupe
    @Etaber said:

It is very similar. Tried and true some would say. Old and not innovative enough is what others are saying. If you were risking  a lot of money, would you go with a brand new system for combat?
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Etaber said:

It doesn't have auto attack.
    Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Thor_Molecules

Thanks for the feedback, at least. It seems to confirm many of my fears for this game.

When it got announced, I felt extremely excited, but seeing what Bioware is doing with the source material, taking no risks, and simply copy-pasting everything that made other MMO's stale treadmills, made my hype meter turn 180 degrees the other way.

It's a damn shame.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Funkydupe

I wouldn't want to risk GAZILLIONS of money if I really didn't have to, either. :) 

Vitalogy11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vitalogy11

I don't get it. Why does everyone want the combat in an MMO to change and completly re-invent itself?  Do we complain when a figthing game doesn't come up with new combat?  If you want different combat play DCUO and see how well that worked.

This game is a MMO, its not your next KOTOR single player RPG, nor Mass Effect.  This game is a MMO using the KOTOR IP and integrates Bio Ware story telling. 
    If you have complaints about how MMO's play that's fine, but why does this franchise have to bear the grunt of your lack of interest in MMO's?  Is it because its a main stream IP?  No one complains that Rift uses classic MMO combat, skill tree's and questing?  TOR will add iterative advancements in the MMO genre,  just like other all other new games do to their respective genres.  

As a MMO player I find that not only the fact that my character has an actual Voice, but I can use him to converse in ways never done in the genre.  
    Never have I been able to do more then read text and decide to do something or not do it.  Now I can insult, tease, flirt, and lie my way through quest dialog. 

This game is built for MMO players.  MMO players play their games in larger social groups and the formula needs to be solid to work.  We expect dialed in mechanics, tight class roles, a long leveling dedication and yes even a subscription fee.  If these things aren't part of your game play then its not your game. No need to join the hate train and declare they screwed stuff up because you don't like MMO's.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thor_Molecules

@Funkydupe: But making the exact same game as your closest competitor? Really now?

I mean, RIFT is widely regarded as a WoW clone, but at least RIFT had some original ideas.

The latest posts on betacake.com also suggest that there will possibly be a massive backlash from fans when this game is released, because in it's current state, it's nowhere near close to delivering on all the hype. I'm very curious if EA manages to slow down the hype-train a little, because it's going to bite them in the ass afterwards.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Funkydupe

I'm not at all disputing the fact that the games are almost identical in the way they are played - I'm just saying that most FPS/TPS/RTS games look similar to me and still they're selling well, and when MMORPGs go the similar rout, which they've done for a decade, people fret about it. To me, the EQ way is how games in the MMORPG genre have stranded for a long time now. Sure, the experience is refined, but the innovations you are seeking have always been marginal and not the biggest thing about those games, they've always been rooted in that same mold. 

Now TOR is doing the same, with a huge budget. Adding a few things here and there with the multi-player convos and more cutscenes and such, and they get shot down for doing that. I don't understand. MMORPGs have been like this for a long time because the claim is that Massively Multiplayer games have things like latency issues to worry about that limit how twitch they can truly be. Plus to cater to a massive audience, there aren't really that many alternate solutions to go about the design yet. You can see some indy games trying to take the radical sand-box rout, but they can't really be said to be successful.  

Sooner or later a branch of MMORPGs will establish a viable alternative to the TAB-to-target MMOs, but to me both TOR and GW2 is in the exact same mold, sure with some ideas left and right, but fundamentally they're the same. Its funny how one gets knocked and the other isn't. Oh yes, it might be the business model of F2P versus Subscriptions talking. I don't know.

Thor_Molecules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thor_Molecules

@Funkydupe: You fare under the assumption that TOR actually is of equal quality to WoW.

May I ask, have you played WoW anytime in the last two years? Because it boggles my mind how people look at SWTOR right now, and see it as an improvement on the mold that WoW has created. I seriously cannot comprehend.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funkydupe

I played WoW to the exact level of 30. That was two years ago at least. A Hunter class character if I recall correctly. I have that as my reference of my WoW experience. I'm a casual player, and when I've had my share I usually quit playing. 

As for TOR, I've only seen videos and read maybe too much feedback from folks and I've let that be my current impression until I actually get to play it. I have seen the videos to come out of GamesCom and to me it looks very similar. Is it an improvement? I can't say for sure, but it sure doesn't look like its a lot worse. For someone who has played both games, what is your main problem with TOR as it is today compared to WoW in its current state?

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cloudenvy

Man, this thread just reminded me of how much the beta turned me off this game...Such a bummer D:

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Funkydupe
    @Cloudenvy said:

Man, this thread just reminded me of how much the beta turned me off this game...Such a bummer D:

Hm, yeah. What did you expect it to be like?
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Funkydupe said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Hm, yeah. What did you expect it to be like?

I expected it to be more than WoW with dialogue trees, though that is my own fault for expecting that D:

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Funkydupe

Hehe.. That is my impression as well. Still need to test it though.. did the beta feel polished to you? Lots of bugs in there?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Seppli
    @Kenobi

It's an 'everquestian-type' of MMORPG mingled with the tropes of a Bioware storydriven singleplayer experience set in the Star Wars universe - many tousand years before the movies. In a galaxy far far away and chock-full with Sith and Jedi locked in a bitter Cold War.

If you expect anything other than that, I see how you can be disappointed. I, for one, grow some serious wood reading that rough description though. I doubt that it will cure my WoW-gameplay-fatigue for long, but it will certainly serve for a month or two at the very least.

Also - split your text into paragraphs dude. That's looking like the ramblings of a madman typing a wall of text.
    niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By niamahai

heeeeyyyy if any of you guys are so bummed by the beta, why not give some poor sap a crack at it =) 

I just hope Bioware can maintain their fiction better than Blizzard.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Levio

Does TOR have that MMO-thing where random mobs will aggro on you just to waste your time?

That is the single most antiquated MMO mechanic I can think of (and there are tons to choose from), and I can't possibly take an MMO seriously if it continues to use that to waste people's time. WoW at least had the decency to add flying mounts...

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Levio
    I read that they have an sort of aggro radius that won't trigger if you don't get too close or stay near them too long (Played Lotro? The beasts in that game often behaved like that).
    Get too close and they're gonna start attacking you.
    Run by from a safe distance and they'd give you a angry stare at the most.
    Stay in the radius too long tho and they're still gonna take their chances.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I remember a dev explaining that awhile back, mighta changed.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#28  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Levio: So when a Jedi runs through and area littered with violent beasts, aggressive thugs, or Sith warriors, it makes sense to you that they stand there and NOT aggro?

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Levio

@StarvingGamer: If that Jedi has Tier 5 Epic Gear and can 2 shot everything you just mentioned, no, they should not be running up to try to kill the Jedi.

Likewise if the Jedi has killed thousands of their allies, sometimes 3 at a time, and is litterly bathing in their blood, perhaps those bears should not be so aggressive.

But if killing mobs that drop no loot nor gold is a good time for you, boy do I have some good recommendations.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Levio: If ToR ends up being like any other modern MMO then mobs won't aggro on you if you're dramatically overleveled unless you're standing right on top of them. And yeah, violent feral beasts often exhibit high levels of reasoning.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Levio

@StarvingGamer said:

@Levio: If ToR ends up being like any other modern MMO then mobs won't aggro on you if you're dramatically overleveled unless you're standing right on top of them. And yeah, violent feral beasts often exhibit high levels of reasoning.

1) Max level mobs are therefore always going to aggro regardless of the character's strength.

2) You play as a friggin' Jedi, reasoning is hardly required.

God so many trolls today. I swear you should play League of Legends too, you'd fit right in.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StarvingGamer

@Levio said:

1) Max level mobs are therefore always going to aggro regardless of the character's strength.

2) You play as a friggin' Jedi.

God so many trolls today. I swear you should play League of Legends too, you'd fit right in.

1) So mobs are supposed to be able to con your gear and magically know that you're overpowered?

2) Jedi are purposefully understated in their Jedi-ness. To anyone not force-sensitive they would seem like calm dudes in robes.

I probably would fit right in if I had the time to dedicate to learning it. I'm always up for a tactical, team-based game.

I was going to derisively suggest that you should play a game where enemies that you are warring with only attack if you give them permission to but I couldn't think of one because that would be nonsense.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ares42
    @Vitalogy11 said:
    I don't get it. Why does everyone want the combat in an MMO to change and completly re-invent itself?  Do we complain when a figthing game doesn't come up with new combat?  
    The big difference is that the majority of people that has played MMOs has played them way more than what people that play other genres play their games. Yes, there are people that has spent a ton of time in CoD or SF4 or whatever too, but the average time spent in an MMO is just way bigger. What does that mean ? Most of the people that has stopped playing CoD didn't stop because they were tired of FPS's, they have just grown tired of that game specifically or switched to another game (as the game doesn't have anywhere close to the same retention-value as MMOs). Most people that have quit WoW though has quit because they were tired of MMOs. It's just innate to the genre as the games are designed to keep people playing for ages, unlike most other games that have a natural decline of interest.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
    @Ares42 said:

@Vitalogy11 said:

I don't get it. Why does everyone want the combat in an MMO to change and completly re-invent itself?  Do we complain when a figthing game doesn't come up with new combat?  
    Most people that have quit WoW though has quit because they were tired of MMOs. It's just innate to the genre as the games are designed to keep people playing for ages, unlike most other games that have a natural decline of interest.
    I'm sure some have quit for that reason, but most have quit because we're bored of playing the same things since 2004. But regardless. After playing the beta this doesn't play all that much like WoW. Sure it's similar, but it's noticeably more fast paced, and is more like KOTOR mixed with WoW.
    SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

@CL60 said:

After playing the beta this doesn't play all that much like WoW. Sure it's similar, but it's noticeably more fast paced, and is more like KOTOR mixed with WoW.

That's great to hear!

vazthul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vazthul

Yea, I'm in the beta as well. Just created this account as my normal name is the same as my SWTOR account, and while I don't really care if I get banned, I'd rather not be black-listed for future EA MMO beta-testing. I'm very disappointed in the game. I liked it for about the first couple days and then I just started hating it once I got into the 20's and it became much more of a grind. And the combat just feels terrible to me. I'm actually trying to cancel my pre-order. Has anyone else tried to do this? I go on Origin, click Customer Service, go to the "Returns and Cancellations" section, and try to click the button where it says to ''Contact Us'' for cancelling pre-orders, and the link doesn't work. So honestly I'm not quite sure how to cancel, and was wondering if anyone knew how. If not, I'll try calling them tomorrow during business hours. 

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@vazthul said:

Yea, I'm in the beta as well. Just created this account as my normal name is the same as my SWTOR account, and while I don't really care if I get banned, I'd rather not be black-listed for future EA MMO beta-testing. I'm very disappointed in the game. I liked it for about the first couple days and then I just started hating it once I got into the 20's and it became much more of a grind. And the combat just feels terrible to me. I'm actually trying to cancel my pre-order. Has anyone else tried to do this? I go on Origin, click Customer Service, go to the "Returns and Cancellations" section, and try to click the button where it says to ''Contact Us'' for cancelling pre-orders, and the link doesn't work. So honestly I'm not quite sure how to cancel, and was wondering if anyone knew how. If not, I'll try calling them tomorrow during business hours.

Felt the exact same way except when I was in the beta, which was a loooooong time ago, we only had access to levels 1-9 or something. Either way, as buggy as it was back then, and it was fucking buggy believe me, my problem was also the combat. It was just boring. Literally, the only thing I somewhat enjoyed about it was the animation. Also, I don't know if they changed it, but the aggro radius was fucking insane. It was hard to go anywhere without pulling anything. Plus, I think when I'm level 9, level 1 mobs should leave me alone. I pray they fixed that too.

And as far as cancelling goes, a friend tells me he just called support or whoever and cancelled it that way. Just make sure you have your order number, credit card, and pretty much whatever else you need close to you when you call.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Funkydupe

BETA DISCLAIMER: Low Level Gameplay Is Not Representative Of The Rest Of The Game 

Just because you had to kill over 20 Kor'slugs on Korriban with the same 2-3 skills as part your beta session doesn't mean you should not pursue playing TOR when it launches.

I can already foresee the first week after the mass beta tests start, articles and threads popping up all over the internet saying how drab, dreery, and dull TOR is... when really, these people will have just played through the first 10 to 20 levels of the game.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Crono
    @coakroach said:
    Completely agree. Too much focus on story and not enough on gameplay means a short-lived experience as players mine out all of the story and are left with nothing after the carcass has been gnawed down to the bone.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#40  Edited By project343

@Kenobi said:

... entire conversation system seems so disconnected to the rest of the game... plays like an ancient mmo... the movement is plodding, the grind doesn't fit the world... with the most uninspired combat ever...

The game is a KOTOR...

@Kenobi said:

... the grind doesn't fit the world... the world is far larger than what you would expect in a Kotor game, and for the environments seems over done... often it feels that the map is designed to slow down the progress of the player (often an unnecessary amount of npc which are almost always unavoidable)... they have made the world so "expansive," it's ostensibly dead. Sparsely filled and boring...

MMORPG.

What were you expecting? KOTOR played like clunky hell, and MMORPGs are designed to accommodate thousands of players at a single time. Otherwise, you have a million Jedi standing on top of each other in a single small space--sparse, open worlds are the only solution. Or heavy instancing like the original Guild Wars.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a die-hard KOTOR fan, and a pretty big fan of MMORPGs. But your expectations seem to fantasize an experience that cannot exist. At least not while BioWare is hamstrung in the middle of catering to both the KOTOR fans and the MMORPG fans whilst working around technological limitations and a budget that isn't any more uncanny than it currently is.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By dagas

@Kenobi said:

the grind doesn't fit the world.

They have stated several times that there will be enough XP if you just go through the story quests to reach the level cap and not have to grind and that you get more XP from quests than grinding monsters. So I'm sure it's a grind if you just go out and attack monsters since they want to funnel people towards doing quests. Or maybe it was not balanced in the beta. In any case it does not seem like they are focusing on grind.

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FateOfNever

Oh hey, it's another one of these threads.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By coakroach
    @Crono said:
    @coakroach said:
    Completely agree. Too much focus on story and not enough on gameplay means a short-lived experience as players mine out all of the story and are left with nothing after the carcass has been gnawed down to the bone.
    Focusing on story is great but they're doing it in the same way they would in a single player RPG. 
    This NPC is your rival, this NPC is your girlfriend, this NPC is your mentor etc. 
    But its an MMO! Real players can fill those roles (maybe not the second one, you poor lonely bastard)! 
    What they call the best aspect of their game just doesn't seem to fit the genre at all as far as I can tell. 
    If I could choose which planet I wanted to explore instead of following the level zones? That would be a great MMO, Star Wars or not 
    If I could hamstring the republics entire economy by ordering a blockade instead of choosing which voice actor to save? That would be a great MMO, Star Wars or not 
    Gameplay be damned, just let me do something that effects more than just some god damn NPC's!
    Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Funkydupe

There is territorial conquest type pvp, warzones I believe, ala Warhammer Online. That at least has an impact on the players of both sides in the struggle.

Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kaiji

I got in the beta a couple weeks back and I can honestly say this is one of the dullest MMOs I've ever played.
    It's like they worked overtime to suck the atmosphere and soul out of it. I've played F2P MMOs that are at least five times more fun than this.
    This game will fail. Hard. It's almost like a really bad joke.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By jay_ray

@coakroach: The game you're looking for is EVE Online

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CL60
    @Kaiji: Yeah..no.. even if you did get into the beta, (which is highly unlikely and you're just looking for another reason to bash the game and come off looking right, beings as your account was clearly created for the sole purpose of bashing the game) you're exaggerating massively and just went into the game with the mindset of. I HATE THIS! I got into the beta a few months ago and it's everything I thought it was going to be, and I'm buying it day 1. All you've done on this site is make an account, bash TOR and make a wishlist of only GW2.
    Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Kaiji
    @CL60 said:
    @Kaiji: Yeah..no.. even if you did get into the beta, (which is highly unlikely and you're just looking for another reason to bash the game and come off looking right, beings as your account was clearly created for the sole purpose of bashing the game) you're exaggerating massively and just went into the game with the mindset of. I HATE THIS! I got into the beta a few months ago and it's everything I thought it was going to be, and I'm buying it day 1. All you've done on this site is make an account, bash TOR and make a wishlist of only GW2.
    I'm not asking you to believe me - I honestly couldn't care less either way. The fact is, I'm in beta and I'm expressing my opinion on it. You don't like my opinion so naturally you'll come up with as many reasons you can think of why I'm wrong, even though I am entirely entitled to my opinion.

TOR will be one of the biggest MMO failures of all time. The only thing it has going for it is that it hasn't released yet and it will sell huge amounts of copies, but it will all be downhill from there.

It is a very very dull game indeed. I'm glad you like it, but it is not a very good game at all.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CL60
    @Kaiji: The fact that you say you've played it and it's "duller than free 2 play MMOs" just proves to me you're a liar just bashing the game(Also the fact that all you've done on this site is bash it and you have 1 wishlist which is just GW2). The stories for each class are interesting and well put together, and the combat is quick and satisfying to play. What exactly makes it dull? Because the combat sure as hell is a ton better than these free 2 play MMOs you say are 5x better. All you're doing is throwing out ridiculous exaggerations. If you simply don't like it that's fine, but to say f2p mmos are 5x better and it's the dullest MMO in existence.  is just stupid and an outright exaggeration/lie., and it's the dullest MMO in existence.
    Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Kaiji

OK, you have no respect for my opinion. I got the message before, but thanks for keeping me updated.
    Yes, I'm extremely excited for Guild Wars 2. What does that prove? It proves I like MMOs that don't suck.
    As I said, I'm GLAD you like TOR. See how I don't tear your opinion apart? It's because I have the humility and decency to respect other people's opinions. It's a shame you can't do the same.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.