Jedi Robes - DAT ASS

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I love playing my Jedi, but why did Bioware make the asses of the males so massive when wearing a robe? I just don't understand. Thankfully I'm wearing a cape right now, so I don't see it. But COME ON! I don't want to wear robes anymore. The weird thing is, when you view the item by ctrl - clicking it, the problem doesn't exist. Here. I will show you with 3 pictures. My cape, the robe in the viewing thing, then the robe when you put it on.

Regular ass
Regular ass
WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY BODY?!
#2 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

The more shapely features of characters are all over the place in this game. Kinda drives me crazy. I've definitely notice some of these odd changes that occur on occasion too.

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -
I don't know what happened to your body, but I want it. 
#4 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Dem glutes.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9385 posts) -

@CL60:

You've got a little force in your trunk.

You're ass is giving a force push.

Bounce that Jar Jar.

I'll come back again once I get more creative.

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19186 posts) -

Force powers.

#7 Posted by adoggz (1953 posts) -

did you forget to take the dryer sheets out of your robes?

#8 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -

If it was a chick, It'd be all good.

#9 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -

All Jedi are descendants of a distant space dwelling species, Kardashian.

#10 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

That looks so weird. 

#11 Posted by SamDrugbringer (1100 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

If it was a chick, It'd be all good.

Hallirously, females in robes don't have the problem. Or at least, nowhere NEAR as pronounced.

#12 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -
@Breadfan said:

Great, awesome, thank you. I just spilled coffee all over my fucking keyborad. God damn you.
#13 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@Breadfan said:

#14 Posted by SlashDance (1764 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I don't want to wear robes anymore.

Same here, and yet pretty much all Jedi armor is based on that model. At least the heavy stuff. I'm level 35 and I've only worn one cape thing. Other than that I've spent 78 hours with bearded Jennifer Lopez.

No hood toggle is quite bothersome as well. They need to fix that stuff...

#15 Posted by Ubersmake (753 posts) -

You gotta store your lightsabers somewhere, right?

#16 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4969 posts) -

Ahahhahahaha

#17 Posted by TobbRobb (4419 posts) -

What the fuck is that thing!? Dear god, do they all look like that? All I've seen from the game is my buddy's Bounty Hunter and he looked normal.

#18 Posted by SamDrugbringer (1100 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

What the fuck is that thing!? Dear god, do they all look like that? All I've seen from the game is my buddy's Bounty Hunter and he looked normal.

Robes on males look like that (At least body type 2, which is the 'default') It doesn't seem to be a problem with armor. Pretty much just Jedi robes.

And yeah, there needs to be more variation for Jedi robes. I hate hoods, but almost all heavy robes have one.

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5122 posts) -

I think there's a Little Person under there.

#20 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4045 posts) -

More cushion for the force pushin'

#21 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

I laughed a hearty laugh.

#22 Posted by BisonHero (5692 posts) -

Your Jedi's bust doesn't seem bad either.

The proportions in The Old Republic are effing weird.

#23 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Its cuz robe wearing guys all takes it in the but...not that there is anything wrong with that.

Sry, to mutch Postal / Duke and my jokes gets stupidly lazy.

#24 Posted by SuperWristBands (2265 posts) -
@BabyChooChoo said:

More cushion for the force pushin'

Beautiful.
#25 Posted by Robo (750 posts) -

That's probably a glitch.

The ass on body type 3 or 4 female characters, however, is no glitch and no problem as far as I'm concerned.

Someone at BioWare likes them some booty.

#26 Posted by Milkman (16238 posts) -
#27 Posted by ajamafalous (11592 posts) -

Friend and I noticed that as soon as he made his Sage. It happens with some of the robe models, but not most. It's a weird thing.

#28 Posted by Lotus (204 posts) -

I wanna get this game, i really love kotor and the time line there, but i dont want to play another wow-mmo again, also the ecomony in my country its a bitch.

#29 Posted by Three0neFive (2276 posts) -

gg bioware

#30 Posted by dagas (2712 posts) -

@Lotus said:

I wanna get this game, i really love kotor and the time line there, but i dont want to play another wow-mmo again, also the ecomony in my country its a bitch.

I play it mostly as a KotOR game. Sure it's a bit tedious at times killing mobs and such, but the story, at least with some classes is up there with KotOR so it's woth playing for that alone.

Yeah the economy pretty much sucks in all countries. I only have work for 10 hours next week (I have a job where I only get work as much as is needed and right now they simply don't have much work). The positive side is that I play the game so much I forget I am hungy and don't have to eat at much so I'd say I've already saved those €10 I paid for a month (bought a 60 day time card for €20).

#31 Posted by SamDrugbringer (1100 posts) -

@Lotus said:

Playing it Kotor style is how you should. People who come to this game looking for a WoW replacement mostly seem to be genuinely bummed with the game. Take that as you will.

#32 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Robo said:

The ass on body type 3 or 4 female characters, however, is no glitch and no problem as far as I'm concerned.

Probably is. I seen a guy with body type 3 with a robe, and his ass looked fine.

#33 Posted by Christoffer (1658 posts) -

Why does every SWTOR screenshots look like shit? No offense... well, some offense... but that's not good looking at all.

#34 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4291 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Robo said:

I seen a guy with body type 3 with a robe, and his ass looked fine.

Had to be done.

#35 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

And another reason to side with the Sith rears its booty-licious head.

#36 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Christoffer:

#37 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

Looks like he should be carrying a parasol to go with that ass.

#38 Posted by Irvandus (2645 posts) -

This game is actually quite good looking for an mmo.

#39 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Christoffer: Btw, those screenshots I posted aren't on high, as high rez textures are locked.

#40 Edited by Christoffer (1658 posts) -

@CL60: There we go, that's the best pictures I've seen from this games so far. Good work.

Edit: On second thought, that looks really good (altough I'm noticing the lack of human element). I might just look closer at this game at some time.

#41 Posted by Robo (750 posts) -

Yeah the game actually looks (and sounds) pretty great.

I don't like to use the qualifier, "for an MMO" because there have been some really nice looking MMOs over the years but MMOs do still have to make some sacrifices in the graphics area.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.