From the account page:
I haven't played in a while but I do plan to play again at some point. Do you have to have an active account to transfer characters?
- ...must have an active subscription or game time remaining.
- ...must not be banned.
The character you want to transfer...
- ...must not have been transferred within the last 72 hours.
- ...must not be a guild leader. (Guild members will not have their guild membership transferred.)
- ...should not have any items listed in the Galactic Trade Network. Active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred.
- ...should not have any items, credits or mail in their mailbox. In-game mail will not be transferred. (Items and credits in your inventory are unaffected).
- ...will have its friends and ignore lists reset.
- ...may need to be renamed if your name is already taken on the destination server (you will be prompted for a new name when you log in if this is the case).
- ...will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.
- ...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level among the source and the destination.
The destination server...
- ...must have been open for at least 90 days.