Oh boy - when did I become that ugly?

#1 Edited by Seppli (9764 posts) -

I inteded to do good. I wanted to be like Christopher Lee aka Lord Dooku. The charismatic and reasonable Sith Lord. Then I got my Companion. He likes killing. Causing pain. And me being an uber-douchenosil. I like to be liked by my companion. Seeking my companion's approval has corrupted me. Gradually from Neutral to Dark Side 1 and when I killed some harlot in cold blood and enjoying it - *puff* my good looks were history - I just reached Dark Side 2. I'm a greyskinned, droopy eyed, veiny mess.

I'm so ugly, I feel like doing good to make up for my looks. Have some inner beauty. Then again, I could just kill everybody, get an even ebony skintone and vibrant red-glowing eyes. For a moment or two, I seriously considered rerolling. I hate my ugly face! Somebody hand me a friggin' helmet already. I might just take a shit on my companion's face and become a goody-two-shoes. Should do wonders for my complexion.

#2 Posted by Do_The_Manta_Ray (508 posts) -

Let the poor puns commence! " A grayskinned, droopy-eyes, veins mess? You need to take your time and apply protection before you start swinging your LIGHT saber at the first whore comes passing by." - "Make up is exactly what you need to stop being ugly, yet considering how obsessed you are in regards to skin-tone and complexion, I'd say you're just trying to fool yourself at this stage." - "Taking a shit on her face would do wonders for YOUR complexion, what about hers? Haven't you ever asked yourself why Twi'Leks always hang around the bloated beings in bars? (It's terrifying because it's accurate.)"

"Dark Side of the Moon CD 1 was tremendously much better than CD 2, I agree."

But duder, don't you worry none, you'll always be beautiful to us. I know you were trying to be so HARD like Lord Dooku, swinging your LIGHT saber at everything you wanted with an elegant flourish, never making a mess; but it's okay to remove copy and paste. Don't just follow your left, find your right way. Stereotypes, and so many hypes, but you have to be the epitome of new types. Fear is power to your soul for you must overcome it, that's how to roll! (CAST BUFU!)

#3 Posted by mdslac (33 posts) -

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

Let the poor puns commence! " A grayskinned, droopy-eyes, veins mess? You need to take your time and apply protection before you start swinging your LIGHT saber at the first whore comes passing by." - "Make up is exactly what you need to stop being ugly, yet considering how obsessed you are in regards to skin-tone and complexion, I'd say you're just trying to fool yourself at this stage." - "Taking a shit on her face would do wonders for YOUR complexion, what about hers? Haven't you ever asked yourself why Twi'Leks always hang around the bloated beings in bars? (It's terrifying because it's accurate.)"

But duder, don't you worry none, you'll always be beautiful to us. I know you were trying to be so HARD like Lord Dooku, swinging your LIGHT saber at everything you wanted with an elegant flourish, never making a mess; but it's okay to remove copy and paste. Don't just follow your left, find your right way. Stereotypes, and so many hypes, but you have to be the epitome of new types. Fear is power to your soul for you must overcome it, that's how to roll! (CAST BUFU!)

Really? If this passes for humor these days then I'm terribly out of touch...

#4 Posted by AndrewVerse (17 posts) -

There's an option to turn off Sith corruption.

#5 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

@mdslac said:

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

I was kind of grimacing most of the way through reading this, and in part I was simply confused wondering what the hell he/she was even trying to be on about. Sorry Manta Ray...

#6 Edited by Seppli (9764 posts) -

@AndrewVerse said:

So I can be pretty and evil? Oh goody!

#7 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

@AndrewVerse said:

Seriously? In-game quest line or something, or just a menu option?

The latter would make the entire "choices affect your appearance"-stuff devoid of any meaning or consequence.

#8 Posted by Three0neFive (2275 posts) -
@TorMasturba said:

@mdslac said:

@Do_The_Manta_Ray said:

I was kind of grimacing most of the way through reading this, and in part I was simply confused wondering what the hell he/she was even trying to be on about. Sorry Manta Ray...

Reminds me of the people who post awful fanfiction in the comments section of any given anime video on Youtube.
#9 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (508 posts) -

Well, this thread took a positive direction. Reminds me of this dream I used to have, of all my ex-girlfriends meeting up for a game of Mahjong and looking for a common topic. It was a satire, folks, there's nothing to see here, keep moving. I'd say I'm in serious trouble to have my name dragged through the dirt, but who am I kidding, I've posted here 168 times already. Do note the "poor puns", in my original statement however; christmas is coming up and it's the time for giving.

@Three0neFive said:

@TorMasturba said:
Reminds me of the people who post awful fanfiction in the comments section of any given anime video on Youtube.

That last part was actually grabbed directly from the god-awful Persona 4 Anime comment-section on youtube.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (11274 posts) -

What is going on in this thread...?

#11 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

The social expectations of others are actually what define our own morality. Society exists because others feel pressured to conform to the riding philosophy, and not what they are in the dark.

#12 Posted by StarvingGamer (7581 posts) -

@Buckfitches: Menu option, just go to Config > Social and clicky the box. There's a bug right now though and I think you have to turn it off every time you log on.

Personally I am fine with it, even for story reasons. It makes sense that some people would want to conceal their corruption and I'm sure they could accomplish that with space-makeup. Otherwise I would feel like I was running around with a legion of zombies since I play Empire.

#13 Posted by Eujin (1294 posts) -

@Buckfitches:

Dark Side corruption was added due to popular request in middle of the regular beta.

The option to disable it was also added due to similar requests.

Choice/consequence have to do with what happens in the quests, seeing as this is a past/future that you can get missing limbs replaced by cybernetics, cosmetic appearances can likely be corrected, so you can explain it away that way, if you must.

#14 Posted by Seppli (9764 posts) -

@Eujin said:

@Buckfitches:

Dark Side corruption was added due to popular request in middle of the regular beta.

The option to disable it was also added due to similar requests.

Choice/consequence have to do with what happens in the quests, seeing as this is a past/future that you can get missing limbs replaced by cybernetics, cosmetic appearances can likely be corrected, so you can explain it away that way, if you must.

There's lots of precedent of 'Sith' hiding in plain sight. Concealing their corruption. I for one will turn off the visual corruption, until I am a true Darth - title and all.

#15 Posted by Commisar123 (1786 posts) -

I wish I could use corruption as a good guy, you know reverse psychology

#16 Posted by Karkarov (2630 posts) -

@AndrewVerse said:

DING DING DING We have a winner!

#17 Edited by Irvandus (2644 posts) -

Take your rage out on the WEAK!

Show them who the UGLY one is NOW!

#18 Posted by Funkydupe (3293 posts) -

Turn off Sith corruption to maintain your UGLY MUG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.