Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Spec requirements leaked.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By metal_mills
    http://i53.tinypic.com/29vzdop.jpg

CPU: AMD athlon 64 X2 Duel-core 4000+ or better/ Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz or better.
    RAM: 1.5gb for XP/2GB for Vista and W7, PC's using built-in graphics cards 2GB
    Video: ATI1800X/ Nvidia 7800/ Intel 4100, 256mb card with shader 3.0 or better.

Now if you can't run that then damn, get a new PC because it would have to be about 10 years old.
    Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By White_Silhouette

yeah looks like it will take little to nothing to run the game.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Beaudacious
    @Metal_Mills: That's whats written on paper, if you are running those specs then be prepared to be running at 10fpson minimum. People have stated that the graphical engine is continuously being optimized, and even with latest hardware computers seem to chug along at max. Try running WoW with those requirements,  anywhere close to high and your computer will implode. People feel printed requirements suddenly justify their old computer being a gaming machine, in fact if your game is runing at 20fps peak its deemed acceptable by minimum requirements. I feel like Bioware is creating false hope in the casual laptop crowd, but then again the casual laptop crowd has always baffled me. Apparently to some a slideshow at low rez is an acceptable way to play games.

Honestly graphics cards have become dirt cheap in the last couple of years, if you aren't willing to spend 150$ on a decent card you should probably stick to consoles.

@xobballox: You could get that entire computer used for 100$.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SeriouslyNow

@Metal_Mills said:

http://i53.tinypic.com/29vzdop.jpg OS: Xp, Vista, W7 CPU: AMD athlon 64 X2 Duel-core 4000+ or better/ Intel Core Duo 2.0Ghz or better. RAM: 1.5gb for XP/2GB for Vista and W7, PC's using built-in graphics cards 2GB Video: ATI1800X/ Nvidia 7800/ Intel 4100, 256mb card with shader 3.0 or better. Now if you can't run that then damn, get a new PC because it would have to be about 10 years old.

A 7800GT is more like 5 years old and honestly, a five year old machine will not run this game well at all. A ten year old machine won't even start the thing.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By dagas

That's not much, which is good since it means more people can play. Even my 4 year old PC is at least twice as powerful as that.

That CPU, memory and video card is pretty much exactly what my previous PC was and that is 5½ years old. My mom now has that PC so even she can play this game ^^

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By FateOfNever

Just further confirmation that my old machine needs to be put out back and I need to build something new.  Not that my current machine can't run the game, but it certainly won't be running it that well.  Serves me right for just delaying the inevitable need to build a new computer.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jazzycola

Not surprising that the hardware needed is pretty low-end. EA/Bioware can't afford to exclude any willing participants considering the games budget estimated at something around $300 million.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.