Star Wars: The Old Republic came out for preorder today, what will you do?

#1 Posted by LIquid1024 (78 posts) -
#2 Posted by demonknightinuyasha (505 posts) -

and when I say "I will preorder the Collectors Edition" I mean "I have already preordered the collectors edition and registered my early access code" :3

#3 Posted by LIquid1024 (78 posts) -

high five @demonknightinuyasha

#4 Posted by Shady1992 (167 posts) -

Already pre-ordered the Standard 

#5 Posted by MannyCalavera (111 posts) -

I pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition as soon as pre-orders went online.

#6 Posted by scarace360 (4813 posts) -

Pre ordered standard. 

#7 Posted by Finalwish (36 posts) -

You cant pre-order in Australia because EA are awesome.

#8 Posted by OtakuGamer (1366 posts) -

I have to pay an additional fee to pre-order a downloadable game, a game which is already costing me more than any other standard game, a game which i also have to pay monthly for.

To me, I can't see this going well.

#9 Edited by PenguinDust (12773 posts) -

Wait three months after release to see if people are still into it, then decide if it's worth picking up.  Community is everything in MMOs and the migratory WOW players will have returned to their own roost by then if the game isn't fulfilling.  Besides, release bugs should be patched by then, too.  I'm not too interested in pre-order bonuses like colored lightsaber crystals.

#10 Posted by Vexxan (4624 posts) -

Probably getting the standard edition. I don't care for different looking items that does the same thing as the regular ones do.

#11 Posted by project343 (2875 posts) -

I'd preorder the collector's edition.

Could be fun for a month or two, and I laaaav Star Wars.

#12 Posted by Seppli (11233 posts) -

Pre-ordered standard edition. Looking forward to my pre-order box goodies. Especially the early access.

#13 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5195 posts) -

Maybe I will buy it a few months after the game have been released. Never play an MMO on day one.

#14 Posted by eag67 (76 posts) -

I pre-ordered the digital deluxe edition

#15 Posted by Protome (361 posts) -

I just preordered the standard version yesterday :D

#16 Posted by SpaceGandhi (102 posts) -

While I'm still excited for this game, unlike most of the game's press that have seemingly agreed to collectively write this game off, I must admit I'm starting to get a little irked by EA's handling of TOR's launch. I've downloaded Origin and it seems to be a fully competent digital games service, but the recent announcement of "limited server-rollouts" at launch is upsetting. Coupled with the previous pre-order announcement that earlier pre-order customer's will get access to servers first, EA and Bioware are pretty much forcing you to pre-order if you want to play on day-one. Which, we should remember STILL hasn't been announced. I don't want to come off as some whiny, ethically high-minded fanboy, but I hate the idea that I could buy this game at launch and not be able to play it. I really just need to get over it and pre-order the game already, but I at least need an announced launch date.

#17 Posted by StingingVelvet (594 posts) -

I'm waiting.  I don't like MMOs really, I don't like playing with others (take my toys and go home!).  I bought WoW just to see what the fuss was about and leveled to the cap, which at the time was 60, but I quit soon after.  If TOR is as story-rich as they say it is I will probably do the same thing, but only after I read a lot of feedback.

#18 Posted by Funkydupe (3442 posts) -

I caved. Pre-ordered the Standard Edition. 

:)

#19 Posted by JJOR64 (19542 posts) -

E. I have no interest in the game.

#20 Posted by coakroach (2493 posts) -

I have no interest in playing this game. 
That being said I cant wait till it comes out to see if its an incredible success, a cataclysmic failure or something in between (my moneys on the final, boring one).

#21 Posted by Milkman (17841 posts) -

I said D but it will probably end up E.

#22 Posted by Demyx (3240 posts) -

Wow the top answer is never buy. I would get it, but I'm don't subscriptions. Can't wait for Guild Wars 2.

#23 Posted by CallofSpartansofWar1337 (99 posts) -

il watch da movies!! 

i don hav a gud computa :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.