Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Star Wars: The Old Republic System Requirements

offsprnvid24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By offsprnvid24

Does anyone know the system requirements for this game? 

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By PerryVandell

I don't believe that info has been released to the general public yet. The game isn't coming out until June of next year, so I wouldn't expect to hear anything regarding system requirements until about 2-3 months before its release.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Castro
    @Fullmetal216: Crap. I was all stoked to come into this thread and see what the system requirements were only to find that it was a query as to what the system requirements are. Surely there are people playing the beta right now that have posted their system specs somewhere? Maybe? I will research this further.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Castro: With the game coming out in a little bit less than a year, I highly doubt that the game is beyond alpha at this point.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FunExplosions

Taken from the official website:

No Caption Provided
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By m1k3

we will probably see any requirements until around the beta.

Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Castro
    @Fullmetal216: I don't know. They sent out beta invites about a month ago (I think it was a month ago?), so people are playing it. Also, with a game as large as an MMO, I would think that you might have to get a lot of stuff locked down pretty early because of all of the bug fixing that would be involved with such a large game. Of course, they wouldn't have the final system requirements at this point, but one might be able to get a ballpark figure if they were able to get some idea as to what kinds of systems the people in the beta have.

Of course, you are right. The game isn't coming out for a while so even if we do glean some information from people in the beta, that wouldn't really matter a year from now. The good news is that Bioware isn't stupid so they are likely tooling the game to run on as many systems as possible (like WoW, which looks cool stylistically, but also looks like it was made in 2004 or whatever).

In conclusion, I believe that I will likely be perfectly fine to run this game.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PerryVandell
    @Castro: Ah, I didn't take into account that this game was an MMORPG so the beta cycle would be different than a traditional game. But, I would say that considering the game is an MMO, they are going to try to make the game accessible to a lot of people so that those with old PCs may still run the game decently (as long as you aren't running something like Windows 2000 with 256 mb of ram).
    Longestsprout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Longestsprout

They said that the system requirements are going to be minimal, so don't sweat about not having a super computer. Hell, i think you could probably run it with an old windows 95 bought year 1995.

Strife1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Strife1117

I was looking the system requirements a few days ago also because I wanted to make sure the computer I'm going to build will be able to run it, but wasn't able to find anything either. But like you guys said it probably won't take much since its a mmo where they want as many customers as possible. This computer can run WoW but with certain graphics functions turned down and I don't want to have to do that for The Old Republic. And yes one of my main reasons for building a new computer was to play this game haha.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm going to guess it wont require much power at all.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By withateethuh
    @Longestsprout said:
    " They said that the system requirements are going to be minimal, so don't sweat about not having a super computer. Hell, i think you could probably run it with an old windows 95 bought year 1995. "
    I highly, highly, highly doubt that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.