Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Subscription plan, confirmation from people please.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By amir90

As I wait, in all eagerness to get a pre order confirmation (which starts around 20 min with emails) I registered my game (not the pre order code, i have already done that).

Then I see this message right under the game registration:

"You have 30 days of play time starting 12.20.2011. You must sign up for a recurring subscription plan or redeem a Game Time Code before you can play.

If you sign up for a recurring subscription, you will be billed automatically at the end of your current remaining play time."

What kind of 30 days free BS is this.

To get something, you have to sign up, that will cost money.

the fuck?

Every mmo after the launch of vanilla wow have not required extra game time to play, and now they start with this BS again?

NVM, it says on back of the box, that a subscription plan or game card is required, so I am screwed.

TurkFebruary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By TurkFebruary

Just set up a subscription with a credit card then cancel the subscription. You won't be billed until after that first free month.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Quite sure you don't have to input your credit card until your free month ends.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amir90

@TurkFebruary said:

Just set up a subscription with a credit card then cancel the subscription. You won't be billed until after that first free month.

@PhatSeeJay said:

As silly as this might seem.

I am 21 years old, and I don't have a credit card that allows anything Internet transfer related.

But I do have cash to buy a game card.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By BionicRadd

@amir90 said:

@TurkFebruary said:

@PhatSeeJay said:

I am 21 years old, and I don't have a credit card that allows anything Internet transfer related.

Credit Cards are evil, so nothing wrong with that. However, most decent banks offer a debit card that works exactly like a credit card.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Use a debit card.

nelander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By nelander

you can also use paypal

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jetsetwillie

@amir90 said:

@TurkFebruary said:

@PhatSeeJay said:

just get one of those prepay credit cards. i have a visa on for stuff online and its great. you can get t over the counter at a store or just send for one online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Credit cards aren't evil.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Brodehouse said:

Credit cards aren't evil.

Bingo. Credit cards are only evil if you don't what the hell you're doing when you sign up for one and that's not the card's fault as much as it is the person signing up for it.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By project343

@amir90: @jetsetwillie said:

just get one of those prepay credit cards. i have a visa on for stuff online and its great. you can get t over the counter at a store or just send for one online.

I'm going to second this.

Walk over to your nearest Wal-mart or equivalent, buy a $25 pre-paid credit card. The ones I've seen just require you to go onto a website, punch in your card number, and it's activated. Then you go over to SWTOR's website, type in that credit card number, and your account will be activated. Hell, might as well use those $25 for game time after that first month if you enjoy it.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amir90

Thanks for the advice people!

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Beaudacious

Every AAA mmo forces you to register a credit card on launch. If you only use time cards, well then your paranoia has consequences.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.