Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

The Old Republic Developer Dispatch: "The Making of Tython"

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By BiggerBomb

Here's a new developer diary on Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware's upcoming Star Wars MMO, based on the critically acclaimed RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. This footage shows off the Jedi homeworld of Tython, along with an inside look of developing process, and new concept art to match. Without further ado, I give you...

Check it and let me know what the GiantBomb community thinks!
    Rain_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Rain_Dog

I'm getting pretty damn excited about this game. If one game can compete with WoW, it's going to be this. I know that's been said a lot in the past, but this one is carrying the "Star Wars" name, so it actually has the mainstream recognition it would need to reach WoW numbers.

I'm not saying it will be as popular as WoW, but it has the potential.

crooked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By crooked

I have high hopes for this game as an mmo.  This game already looks better then  what Star Wars Galaxies turned into.  At this point in time though some of the footage reminds me of WoW and I'm sick of wow after playing it  for awhile. Not to mention the 5000000 mmos that have tried to copy it.  With that being said its still way early to tell anything besides that they are happy about doing this. Seems the field of gamers are split down the middle. So only time will tell if it will be another popular game as wow or another major flop like Conan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.