Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Trooper class revealed!

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By maxszy
    http://www.swtor.com/info/classes/trooper?sourceid=ea3554

The trooper class has been revealed by BioWare. Pretty standard really, what you would expect from a "Trooper" class. Heavy armor, unique and powerful big rifles and so forth. They are Republic only so they will fight alongside Jedi.

Though it may not be an "oh my god awesome" class announcement, I would doubt any of us thought there wouldn't be some class like this. Plus playing as a standard trooper/warrior/grunt etc can be quite fun. They mention something specifically about small squads. Also say they can fight alone, but I wonder if the mention of small squads could lead to some primarily squad based gameplay with actual squad abilities for the Trooper. That would be fun.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Scooper

Everytime I forgot about this game I read a news story and get totally excited again.
    Can't wait to play this game. I don't know how long I can play an MMO again but I'd like to at least try it for a couple months.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By PureRok

That's some fancy rifle spinning he does there.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Jayge_

The more classes they reveal the more and more I want to play this game despite its promised monthly fee and the fact that I'd rather play Guild Wars 2 anyway.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By maxszy
    PureRok said:
    "That's some fancy rifle spinning he does there."
    Indeed! That animation is great! If you could do that in the game...even just for fun and not in the middle of an attack..that would be pretty cool! :-P
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pissedoffthewitch

I think squad is a fancy word for group quests ?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.