What are your PC specs

#1 Edited by Lnin0 (163 posts) -

Trying to decide if my PC can handle this game. What specs and settings are people running and how does it look? Anyone running this on the first gen Alienware M11x or a Dell XPS 16?

#2 Posted by MrFlibble (75 posts) -

The game runs on my laptop with a pentium P6200 (duel core) 3GB ram and integrated graphics, as long as the shadows are turned off the frame rate is good.

#3 Posted by Scheds (464 posts) -

I'm running a Core2 Quad 2.6ghz, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 460, and the game screamed in the beta! Most settings can be safely maxed with the framerate nice and smooth. Seems to work well on a wide range of PCs, too. In my very unprofessional opinion, should run fine on the rigs you mentioned?

#4 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

iMac i7 Quad 2.8Ghz with 16GB RAM, ATI 6770M.

Looks and runs very nice at 1920x1080 with most things on high. Pretty well all the lag I'm seeing is network related.

#5 Posted by rethla (692 posts) -

Core 2 duo e8400, 4gb ram, radeon hd6970 2gb
Everything maxed and it runs very smooth in 1080

#6 Posted by Slow_pC (247 posts) -

everything on high .AMD a6 based laptop overclocked to 2.3ghz with ati crossfire 6700 series.

runs at 60 fps at 1366x768.

#7 Edited by MB (12910 posts) -

I'm running a 965 BE at 3.9ghz, 16gb of fast DDR3, a Corsair Force 3 SSD, and two 6950 2gb cards in Crossfire overclocked to 950mhz. Sadly, the game doesn't even support Crossfire or SLI at this point.

I'm getting good performance at 1920x1080 with all settings on high, averaging between 50-60 FPS in most areas. Sometimes the framerate chugs and drops to the mid 30's, though...not sure if that is network congestion, poor code optimization, or something else. I like the art style of the game and it looks good, but let's face it, SWTOR is no graphical powerhouse. I feel like my machine should be running this game much better, hopefully a patch or new driver from AMD will address this.

Moderator Online
#8 Edited by Codeacious (960 posts) -

@MB: Jeez, you've got two 6950s and a 965 BE in there and you're chugging in some places? That's... somewhat worrying. Generally games that aren't optimized for AMD cards never get optimized, so I hope that's not the issue... (running an 5870 here)

#9 Posted by Slow_pC (247 posts) -

I've been pretty happy with the performance.. when I first started it up it was not running good at all. 10 fps around. Running 12.1 drivers , turned on crossfire and it started to work a whole lot better.

#10 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1420 posts) -

Playing it on my Macbook Pro 13 inch, with a 2.4 Intel Core 2 Duo, Geforce 320m and 4GB of ram. Everything maxed out except shadows and I get a steady 30 fps.

#11 Posted by Jangowuzhere (79 posts) -

E8400, 4870 512 mb, 3 gigs of ram.

The game runs like crap for me. Even after turning off shadows and other graphical features, the game just doesn't run very well. I get constant stuttering and FPS drops a lot of the time. And if I play the game for a few hours, my performance will degrade to the point where I basically have to restart the game. Its very annoying, I wish this game was optimized better for older hardware...

#12 Edited by CornBREDX (5790 posts) -

Its a tad laggy but playable on my computer.

I have a Pentium 4 3.0 ghz, 2 gig of ram, 7600 gs 256 mb graphics card.

Its old, but somehow it works so I am not complaining although I will admit at my low specs the game is not as great as it probably is on a newer machine but I dont have the money yet to build my new computer so this works for now.

It's still pretty cool and surprisingly robust.

Edit: oh sorry, I run with everything on low.

#13 Posted by Hardgamer (610 posts) -
@MB said:

I'm running a 965 BE at 3.9ghz, 16gb of fast DDR3, a Corsair Force 3 SSD, and two 6950 2gb cards in Crossfire overclocked to 950mhz. Sadly, the game doesn't even support Crossfire or SLI at this point.

I'm getting good performance at 1920x1080 with all settings on high, averaging between 50-60 FPS in most areas. Sometimes the framerate chugs and drops to the mid 30's, though...not sure if that is network congestion, poor code optimization, or something else. I like the art style of the game and it looks good, but let's face it, SWTOR is no graphical powerhouse. I feel like my machine should be running this game much better, hopefully a patch or new driver from AMD will address this.

Same here as well.
#14 Posted by austinmiller (110 posts) -

Well maybe someone could help me then. Im running an old Dell E520 but I've upgraded to 4gigs of RAM, have a Dual Core Processor 6400@ 2.13 GHz, and a geforce 9500GT (1gb). I think I remember running WoW alright, but do the two games compare? Can I expect to run this on medium settings?

#15 Posted by Fraz (20 posts) -

I went to canyourunit.com and it said I exceeded the minimum requirements but I'm still a little skeptical. I have a AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-core Mobile M620 @ 2.5 GHz, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series (2 gigs). Any duders know if this will at least run on low?

#16 Edited by MB (12910 posts) -

@Fraz said:

I went to canyourunit.com and it said I exceeded the minimum requirements but I'm still a little skeptical. I have a AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-core Mobile M620 @ 2.5 GHz, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series (2 gigs). Any duders know if this will at least run on low?

There's a thread on the SWTOR forums from a guy who has what looks to be very similar hardware, and he is reporting the game will barely run. I would say your CPU is towards the bottom end and barely above the minimum requirements for the game, and that mobility radeon card is probably not enough.

I'd say you MAY be able to get the game to run, but it won't be a good experience on your machine.

Moderator Online
#17 Posted by Fraz (20 posts) -

@MB said:

@Fraz said:

I went to canyourunit.com and it said I exceeded the minimum requirements but I'm still a little skeptical. I have a AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-core Mobile M620 @ 2.5 GHz, 4 gigs of ram, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series (2 gigs). Any duders know if this will at least run on low?

There's a thread on the SWTOR forums from a guy who has what looks to be very similar hardware, and he is reporting the game will barely run. I would say your CPU is towards the bottom end and barely above the minimum requirements for the game, and that mobility radeon card is probably not enough.

I'd say you MAY be able to get the game to run, but it won't be a good experience on your machine.

I tried to play it and it's barely playable on my laptop but I'm starting to rebuild my desktop since my motherboard died a while back and I'll post my specs and experience once all the the parts come in. As for now I know I have a AMD Phenom X4 quad core, 5 gigs of RAM, and I can't figure out what video card I had from my old desktop the but if anyone can identify it I would really appreciate it. All know is its a nvidia gforce that came with a HP computer but I can't find what the exact model is.

#18 Posted by MB (12910 posts) -
@Fraz: Time for a new video card dude. I don't know what that is, but it almost doesn't matter. Your CPU seems decent but a video card like that is going to severely bottleneck your systems performance. If you're on a budget, you could look into a card like the Radeon 6850...but if you do get a new video card, you may end up needing to upgrade your power supply as well.
Moderator Online
#19 Posted by Fraz (20 posts) -

@MB: I was able to go through Crysis single player with this card but that was 2 years ago and on low but I did that so I could get the smoothest performance out of it...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.