Who wants a free retail game code?!

#1 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

That's right, children, I have in my possession a retail game code. Calm yourselves. I am willing to part with it as I have been overcome with the joys of the season(winter). All you have to do get a hold of this one-of-a-kind item is this: You must find me the Jade Monkey before the next full moon. If you think you'll be unable to do such simple task I guess you could just post in the thread and I will pick a winner in 15 minutes. May the Force b- nevermind.

#2 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

The jade monkey was in the glove compartment, it was beside the road maps and ice scraper.

#3 Edited by benjaebe (2784 posts) -

It was in Milwaukee, wasn't it?

Obviously this is the best answer though.

@CL60 said:

The jade monkey was in the glove compartment, it was beside the road maps and ice scraper.

#4 Edited by Blommer4 (199 posts) -

I... I... I just don't know!

Maybe Norway, he might be eating butter or something.

But seriously, what @CL60 said.

#5 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

Where would I even start looking for the Jade Monkey?

#6 Posted by emergency (1190 posts) -

Jade Monky IS here. The Force is with him.

#7 Posted by ChrisOVC (133 posts) -
How about 2 jade monkeys
#8 Posted by Jimmi (168 posts) -

I could show you my jade monkey...

#9 Edited by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Bwast said:

That's right, children, I have in my possession a retail game code. Calm yourselves. I am willing to part with it as I have been overcome with the joys of the season(winter). All you have to do get a hold of this one-of-a-kind item is this: You must find me the Jade Monkey before the next full moon. If you think you'll be unable to do such simple task I guess you could just post in the thread and I will pick a winner in 15 minutes. May the Force b- nevermind.

Ill take a chance. I wont be able to afford any new games for a bit. But 15 dollars a month could be found so I could play! I WANNA WIN 

P.S 

The only logical answer is YOU are the jade monkey. 
#10 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -

I actually found the monkey, it is in the mail. You can start sending me that code anytime.

#11 Posted by brodywb (191 posts) -

I don't know about the monkey, but I would like a free code.

#12 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

Remember that cat fur you got earlier? Combine that with the syrup and apply it to your face, creating a mustache. Now use your new disguise to get onto LeChuck's ship. Another cat will show up chasing a mouse. Quickly stop the cat- the mouse will help you later. You will get caught on the ship. Mouse will bring you the Jade Monkey. Combine mustache with Jade Monkey. Watch ending cutscene.

#13 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -

I would be forever grateful, since all my roommates are already playing it :(.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

I visited the hidden temple, and all I found was the shrine of the silver monkey- bummer.

#15 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (502 posts) -

The Jade Monkey is in your mind. You can find it if you search your feelings.

You know this to be true.

#16 Posted by Encephalon (1335 posts) -

No idea what a jade monkey is, but I'd be into trying out TOR.

#17 Posted by Tovan (633 posts) -

I know you already have a few, but I found another.

#18 Posted by jjnen (661 posts) -

I just came to home. Jade monkeys everywhere.

#19 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

I visited the hidden temple, and all I found was the shrine of the silver monkey- bummer.

This is what I thought of as well.

#20 Posted by FoolishChaos (447 posts) -

Have you checked under the couch cushions?

#21 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

And time's up. I will count the posts and do a random selection. The winner will be PM'd the code.

#22 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Bwast: I don't want the code by the way, I'm getting a boxed copy.

#23 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

@Rattle618 said:

I actually found the monkey, it is in the mail. You can start sending me that code anytime.

A winner is you!

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

Awe. Oh well. Back to Borderlands.

#25 Posted by Chemin (633 posts) -

And I was just about to make a random funny statement about something random, concerning a monkey, to enter the contest. Shucks! Ah well, congratulations to the winner, and thank you Bwast for giving away something worthwhile to folks! I salute you.

#26 Posted by whistlebottom (194 posts) -

@Bwast: Shucks. Thanks for the opportunity though.

#27 Posted by jozzy (2035 posts) -

Someone broke into my house and replaced my jade monkeys with plastic elephants :(

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -

Damnit.

#29 Posted by Jimmi (168 posts) -

Too bad... Enjoy!

#30 Posted by Rattle618 (1456 posts) -
@Bwast said:

@Rattle618 said:

A winner is you!

Holy mother of fuck, I did not expect this at all. Thank you so much!
#31 Posted by ajamafalous (12167 posts) -
@Rattle618 said:
@Bwast said:

@Rattle618 said:

A winner is you!

Holy mother of fuck, I did not expect this at all. Thank you so much!
The most infuriating part is that when I opened and replied to the thread, the last post that had been made was the post before yours.
#32 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Damnit I knew I shouldn't have gone to the pub tonight! And I had a real humdinger about the Jade Monkey, an elephant and a talking grapefruit named Paul, all ready to go too!

Enjoy it Rattle!

#33 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

dammit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.