Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Why SWTOR is horrible and why you shouldn't buy it

• 137 results
    Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I think people who are getting upset about Old Republic because it lacks the facilities to allow them to treat the game more seriously probably need to take a good, long look at themselves before they start tossing out insults at people that are just enjoying the game.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't give a fuck about Old Republic.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By breadfan

Lies.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By dagas

It's so much better than WoW when it comes to quests.

It runs perfectly fine on my €500 PC with everything on high.

End game seems bugged, but I've not gotten there and I agree that PvP is imbalanced since everyone wants to play Imperial. The classes are perfectly balanced, but since most people play Imperial it becomes unbalanced. They are mirrored so there is no gameplay reason why people prefer Imperial so I guess people just like playing the bad games and lighting looks cooler than wind.

I think it's going to be awesome if they can fix the problems, I think there is a very solid base. There is nothing fundementally wrong IMO, it just needs bug fixes and tweaks.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By altairre

@Lagaroth said:

Having one leveling path per faction is kinda awful. Alts in this game are painful. (This coming from someone who had 9 max level characters in World of Warcraft.) I DO NOT WANT TO DO CORUSCANT AGAIN. (Or Dormund Kass.) Wasn't the whole 'You can have 8 different stories! Uber-replayability!' supposed to be a selling point?

Oh, having no ability to change advanced class is questionable. I played a Vanguard, but if I want to try Commando not only do I have to do the same leveling path I ALSO have to do the same class quests over.

While I agree that a different level path for each class would have been better I see why that is not the case (this game did cost hell of money already). As for the replayability I think that the content for one char Jedi, one char Sith takes enough time to finish to be worth the money. Keep that this comes from somebody who normally does not like MMOs and is satisfied with playing through the story. I have no intention to do other stuff once I finish the class story and will cancel my account at this point.

I also agree that you should be able to change your advanced class and don´t really know what the reasons are not to allow it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#55  Edited By Brendan

@Enigma777 said:

Sounds like your PC sucks. Get a new one and stop QQ-ing on the internet.

What does QQ mean? I assume it has to do with raging, but is it an acronym or a reference to a game?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#56  Edited By alistercat

Huh... well I was enjoying it for the past month and a half, but I guess I should snap the disc and burn my computer.

Neeshka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Neeshka

@Brendan said:

@Enigma777 said:

What does QQ mean? I assume it has to do with raging, but is it an acronym or a reference to a game?

Q apparently looks like a tear; 2 Qs for 2 eyes. So it's someone crying.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By penguindust

@Brendan: QQ means crying or complaining as in "stop qq-ing, more pew-pewing" meaning stop bitching about the game and just play.

cav86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By cav86

as someone who bought this game and even stayed on for an extra month I can agree with most of these complaints but not all, having said that I just recently cancelled my subscription. I reached Lvl 50 with my first character and have no desire to continue on or see other class stories with all those issues. Not worth the time and money in my view

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Brendan

@Neeshka said:

@Brendan said:

@Enigma777 said:

Q apparently looks like a tear; 2 Qs for 2 eyes. So it's someone crying.

Seems like a bit of a stretch for a Q to look like a crying eye, but I guess I see it. Thanks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@Lagaroth: @altairre: Advanced classes are not specs, they are entirely different classes, they just share some base skills and a storyline. Being able to switch your advanced class at any time would be like being able to switch from warrior to rogue (I bet you can do that now in WoW anyways). I do agree that maybe they should've given you a little 5-10 minute encounter to try out both classes before you pick one, but once again, that doesn't happen in other MMOs either. The opening planet is maybe 2 hours anyway.

If you're asking for different storylines for every single AC in the game, I don't think the game really requires 16 different stories.

As for alternate levelling paths, if you actually do the content on the planets you can easily overlevel the content. I bypassed 60% of Nar Shaddaa and all of Belsavis on my Vanguard. I did that on my Sage instead. There is one benefit to it, that it ensures as many people as possible are doing the same quests as you and are available to group up. They combine this with making the group quests (that take 2 or 4 people) repeatable daily means that there's always someone looking for a group. There is always someone looking to do Trouble In Deed on Coruscant. Someone always wants to do Fall of the Locust on Taris. Jeff's legends of "no one is ever finding groups!" is just Jeff making assumptions with a sneer. Or "the zones are instanced so you never see or hear anyone!" ... the general chat is visible anywhere on the planet, in any instance.

Anyways, I'm having a good time. I did my first raid last night. I played WoW for like 3 years, never raided. I was in the 'reserve group' or whatever for Kara for a couple weeks, but I never got to actually see any of that content. Also, I got the best statistical belt possible for my character, so I'm pretty jazzed about that. I'm not going to bother doing the nightmare modes because I prefer playing Super Meat Boy or Mass Effect 2 on Insanity when I want fun, unfair challenges.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By Pinworm45

I agree with a little over half of what he says, but I still like the game.

arkasai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By arkasai

Psshh I dunno what you're talking about, that first video looked awesome.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By babblinmule

Granted I'm only level 37, but I respectfully disagree with the majority of your points.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Who would have guessed, a wow clone doesn't live up to the hype.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Sooty

Let's be serious the only reason this game didn't crash and burn at launch is because Guild Wars 2 is still a few months off.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Turambar
    @Sooty said:

Let's be serious the only reason this game didn't crash and burn at launch is because Guild Wars 2 is still a few months off.

I take it when Guild Wars 2 fails to catch on big, you'll be blaming...what...PSO2?
    CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By CaptainCody

@Turambar said:

@Sooty said:

I take it when Guild Wars 2 fails to catch on big, you'll be blaming...what...PSO2?

Guild Wars 2 actually looks good though, SW:TOR never did from its beta on out.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zelyre

I'm having quite a bit of fun with the game. However, I am playing with someone who has never played an MMO before and it's been fun watching her go from being really bad at keeping me alive or doing damage to juggling dps, heals, and shields.

I will agree with a lot of the points the OP made, however.

Technically, this game is all over the place.

Performance wise, a 4.9ghz core i5 with a 5870 with 2 gigs of ram shouldn't be running at single digits at 1920x1200, let alone 1680x1050. Tilting the camera 5-10 degrees in any direction returns my frame rate to a silky smooth, v-sync cap'ed 60.

Areas just feel... empty. Like a whole zone was created for myself and my friend. Sure, there are 142 instances of Alderaan running right now, but the one I'm in? Its so empty...

The medium quality textures sucks. The game looks really nice during cut scenes with the high quality textures.

The auction house is unusable. Seriously, this is a huge problem. Free to play games have better auction systems and if I weren't playing with someone else, would be the deal breaker for me. I've been looking to upgrade my belt on my sith warrior. I know I use strength and endurance. I know it's a heavy slot of armor. I know it sits in the belt slot. I want to see what's in the level 30-33 range for belts. All I can do is limit my search to heavy armor, range 30-33. Oh boy. I have to look through 12 pages of armor. 9 of which aren't belts. 2 of which are belts for bounty hunters. While I'm looking for a belt, OH SNAP, my companion returns from his/her mission and all the windows go away! Time to start digging through that pile of armor. Again.

The UI is also silly large. Why it wasn't configurable from the get go is beyond me. The chat window gets in the way of combat. If I need to click on a mob/player, I've accidentally clicked the chat window numerous times. Every time I level, I have to redo hot bars because the game auto places new abilities in my side bar overwriting or simply removing the trinkets, med kits, and stims I've put there.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Turambar
    @CaptainCody said:

@Turambar said:

@Sooty said:

And yet I get the feeling that my opinion that GW2 will fail to meet the hype and only gain a moderate following like every other MMO this era will be proven true regardless.  If there is one saving grace for that game, it'd be that it's coming out free to play, not because it will be a game of dramatic quality.
    Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Redsox44

My first MMO will be Guild Wars 2 and I can't wait!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Sooty

@Turambar said:

@CaptainCody said:

@Turambar said:

@Sooty said:

And yet I get the feeling that my opinion that GW2 will fail to meet the hype and only gain a moderate following like every other MMO this era will be proven true regardless. If there is one saving grace for that game, it'd be that it's coming out free to play, not because it will be a game of dramatic quality.

Spoken like someone that's not listened to any dev diaries or the opinions of people who've played it. Or just someone ignoring all of that.

I don't really care if it's good or not. I'll give it a go, either way it looks way more promising than TOR ever did.

The subscription model is the worst thing about TOR, it's barely an MMO. You hardly see other players aside from the battlegrounds, it doesn't need to be pay monthly at all. It doesn't feel like a big world, which makes paying monthly seem totally wasteful.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73  Edited By Seppli

Everything I hate in SW:TOR, I hate in all 'classic' MMORPGs, like dedicated healers and their effect on PvP.

SW:TOR has tonnes of content for leveling and endgame alike and it's well produced throughout. Yeah - it's buggy. Yeah - it lacks mod support. Yeah - there's some irritating design decisions. Yeah - it's a WoW-template MMO. Most of which should get addressed over time and none of which impacts playability gamebreakingly.

That said, I've got like 50 days of gametime left over of the 90 days I was forced to buy (lacking a credit card) and I'm just not feeling like going through the usual MMO-endgame redundancies anymore (in any MMO, SW:TOR and otherwise). The 200 hours I spent on leveling one character are enough. I enjoyed leveling a lot, but I need a break from the experience before I consider doing another class playthrough.

I'll eventually come back to SW:TOR, not for the MMO that it is, which is perfectly competent and increasingly competitive with WoW, but for the KotOR game it is while leveling. Oh - and Warzones are, especially Huttball in 'The Pit', fucking glorious. I likely put like 100 hours into warzones over time and it was epic fun, but I'm over it for now.

You're completely onesided and onedimensional in your views on SW:TOR, your lack of perspective is willfully ignorant of SW:TOR's many strengths. I'd advise against taking the OP's rant too seriously.

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lockwoodx

@Neeshka said:

Summary of the TOR fanbase (sorry if this offends anyone that isn't my intention):

1) very casual gamers that don't particularly want to raid or participate in any serious multiplayer content. Mainly single player content; levelling multiple alts and the very very occasional group content is totally ok with them. Also there's casual gamers that are just looking for a change of setting from WoW, but are ok with very similar gameplay with lightsabers. This is probably the most reasonable demographic but also the least vocal.

2) washed out WoW raiders that harbor some kind of grudge against WoW = these are the mmo rejects; the people sick of being "treated awfully" in other mmo's; but sadly they are treated awfully because they are utterly awful at such games. They think "it's just a video game" so they don't care to or are too lazy to spend 10-15 minutes to improve themselves. You'll find that such people will be up in arms against combat logs and dps meters, and usually any kind of gearscore type addon. This subset also includes anyone that holds a grudge against WoW; since it's easy to scapegoat a video game for whatever personal problems you have.

3) Fanatically loyal star wars fans, also the leftover community from star wars galaxies - these include the extremely peculiar LARPers, the people almost at the point of practicing a jedi religion and the "lore nerd" types - people that have read EVERYTHING in the extended universe. Such people will naturally like anything with star wars in it.

4) Fanatically loyal bioware fans. I used to like bioware games but this is something else. These people absolutely adore dragon age 2, and have detailed discussions where they obsess over the romance mini-games in ME/DA, and proceed to fantasize about their waifus (sp?).

You can quite easily gauge which response is from which group of fans. Anyhow it's become a hobby of mine to look at the TOR forums on occasion to see these "biodrones" in action and they do quite often say quite amusing things. Here's a blog site on tumblr with some of the highlights : http://biodronesdarndest.tumblr.com/

If I could upvote posts, you would get a +1.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75  Edited By Seppli

@Turambar said:

@CaptainCody said:

@Turambar said:

@Sooty said:

And yet I get the feeling that my opinion that GW2 will fail to meet the hype and only gain a moderate following like every other MMO this era will be proven true regardless. If there is one saving grace for that game, it'd be that it's coming out free to play, not because it will be a game of dramatic quality.

From my extensive experience with MMOs, the redaction of 'Dedicated Healers' will be mana from heaven for PvP play. For the broad audience, PvP is the way more approachable and enjoyable endgame venue of play. This alone should give GW2 a very strong footing with the broad MMO audience and being subscription-free expands the willing customer base way beyond the typical WoW / MMORPG player.

I'd be surprised if it doesn't sell 2 million copies within the first month of its release (in Europe and the US, excluding Asia, because I know jack shit about that market). It could turn out to be way bigger than that. Channeling my best Pachter here.

Lagaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lagaroth

@Brodehouse said:

@Lagaroth: @altairre: Advanced classes are not specs, they are entirely different classes, they just share some base skills and a storyline. Being able to switch your advanced class at any time would be like being able to switch from warrior to rogue (I bet you can do that now in WoW anyways). I do agree that maybe they should've given you a little 5-10 minute encounter to try out both classes before you pick one, but once again, that doesn't happen in other MMOs either. The opening planet is maybe 2 hours anyway.

If you're asking for different storylines for every single AC in the game, I don't think the game really requires 16 different stories.

As for alternate levelling paths, if you actually do the content on the planets you can easily overlevel the content. I bypassed 60% of Nar Shaddaa and all of Belsavis on my Vanguard. I did that on my Sage instead. There is one benefit to it, that it ensures as many people as possible are doing the same quests as you and are available to group up. They combine this with making the group quests (that take 2 or 4 people) repeatable daily means that there's always someone looking for a group. There is always someone looking to do Trouble In Deed on Coruscant. Someone always wants to do Fall of the Locust on Taris. Jeff's legends of "no one is ever finding groups!" is just Jeff making assumptions with a sneer. Or "the zones are instanced so you never see or hear anyone!" ... the general chat is visible anywhere on the planet, in any instance.

I think you should be able to switch your Advanced Class before level 20. So you have 10 levels to try it out and such. My Sith Sorcerer for example bored me to tears at level 13 and I wasn't willing to do Korriban and the beginning of Dormund Kass over again the day after I did it the first time.

When I was leveling my Vanguard, doing strictly solo content, I arrived at Belsavis a level early, and left a level early. I don't know if I somehow missed the "Bonus" series for Hoth, but I went back several times and couldn't find anything non-group quest to do. I did no Flashpoints or group quests, but some PvP.

Plus, a problem with doing the "Bonus" series or daily quests is that by the time I was done with the story of a zone I was desperate to leave. Hoth was blindingly bright, barren, and way too big for what it needed to be.

Edit: Oh, and the transition between the chapters was the most pointless thing in recent memory. (Trooper) Fly across the galaxy to talk to someone on Coruscant, they tell you to take a vacation and maybe go talk to someone on the fleet when you are ready to work again. (Which of course is instantly.) That person on the fleet tells you to go right back to the original person on Coruscant. WHY NOT JUST GIVE ME THE NEXT CHAPTER THE FIRST TIME I TALK TO YOU GARZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneeleventy1!

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MrMazz

terrible troll is terrible

yea the game has a couple of problems on the optimization side such as no medium graphics but my rig runs it just fine. Perhaps he isn't in a guild since I have had plenty of things to do with them running raids and heroics and other asorted dailies.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By BrockNRolla

Those are a lot of buller points. I guess you must be some kind of expert or something.

I've never played an MMO before this, and I really enjoy it. I also play it single player, and in fact find seeing other players running around doesn't add anything. If anything, I wish I could play it offline. I haven't run into the vast majority of your problems. Maybe you're expecting it to be something it's not? There also seems to be a lot of anger in you as tossing together adjectives and adverbs doesn't necessary make any of your points descriptive, as several others have pointed out, but rather just seem upset. Maybe you should relax, or not play this game? I for one am enjoying the Star Wars trappings and the large amount of storyline.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Hunkulese

@ArbitraryWater said:

Why I shouldn't buy SWTOR: I'm a poor college student and a monthly fee is far beyond my grasp at this point.

Paying $15 a month is a lot cheaper than the usual forms of college entertainment.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#80  Edited By ArbitraryWater

@Hunkulese said:

@ArbitraryWater said:

Why I shouldn't buy SWTOR: I'm a poor college student and a monthly fee is far beyond my grasp at this point.

Paying $15 a month is a lot cheaper than the usual forms of college entertainment.

Pray tell, what are these "usual" forms of college entertainment, and why do they cost more than $15?

Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
    deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At last the unbiased and reasonable MMO forum discussion I've been looking for.

ARTB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ARTB

Wait so if I like TOR this means I have to be either a deranged idiot or a babbling Bioware/Star Wars fanboy? What if I just enjoy the gameplay and I like the different character's stories and enjoy questing in the world. I'm sorry if that's difficult to understand. Seriously, you are all way overzealous on attacking this game. Attacking people who like this game just because you don't like it will only make you look like the idiots. This game has some bugs that people need to be warned about, I've been dealing with the FPS issue since launch and at the moment (like when WoW launched) there isn't a lot of end game but some people might not understand that takes time and if that's really important to them then we should warn them to wait but when you couch that in with dumb pure opinionated stuff like "Armor design is uninspired", "Cutscenes are pointless and add nothing to the gameplay" and stuff that is just plain incorrect "Classes are not unique and are hard to tell the difference" instead of getting people informed you just come off looking arrogant and makes you look like the one who is blinded.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CaptainCody

@Turambar said:

@CaptainCody said:

@Turambar said:

@Sooty said:

Guild Wars 2 could be just okay and still end up one of my favorite MMOs. The lack of a subscription making it so that I may play whenever I want and however I want without subscripiton prices looming over my head as I reconsider my fun.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#84  Edited By mosdl

@ModerateViolence said:

At last the unbiased and reasonable MMO forum discussion I've been looking for.

GiantUnbiased.com

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#85  Edited By jakob187

I'm sorry that you are having so many problems playing the game. There's no endgame? Yeah, they don't have any Operations in the game and haven't added more Op bosses since launch or anything. Are they particularly hard? Maybe not. I don't know. Haven't gotten there. However, what MMO has any endgame that people don't blaze through anymore? At least BioWare has already shown that they want to release content on a fairly consistent basis.

Moreover, they are working pretty damn hard to get bugs fixed and work on improving the game. That's more than anyone can say for quite a few MMOs. Rift is about the only one I can point at in recent memory that wasn't just broken as fuck on release, and even when it was, it was stable as hell...and TOR has been the same way.

I understand that some people have a grudge to pick with it because it's not what BioWare originally announced. However, the foundation is what you need to look at in the beginning, and their foundation is super solid. From there, they have to build on it. WoW had a solid foundation, and yet most of the things you've mentioned could've EASILY be said when it was released.

So...no thanks. I'm going to keep playing because I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far.

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By fleshribbon

Reading this I feel like the OP didn't play much SWTOR and/or is just vengeful. Some of the points just seem invalid or purely opinion. I'll address just a handful but most of them are purely subjective or just plain wrong.

Reused Armor with different colors - I've had and seen plenty of varied looking gear so my companions constantly have a different appearance. I've chosen to outfit my character with moddable equipment since I found gear that I liked the look of at this point and I have yet to see my same gear on anyone else or even pick it up again.

Low populations across all servers - I consistently see Heavy load in the evenings and that tracking is not entirely accurate as my server has been full a couple times in the past month but not shown at capacity on that tracker.

Companion romances are pointless add nothing to the game - Um, wrong. As your affection increases you unlock what I find as rather interesting companion quests. Increased affection also increases your companions effectiveness in combat and crafting.

Gameworld is empty with almost no player barely seen - You are misinformed or playing on a low population server. There are always plenty of people (allies and enemies) at every planet I go to unless it's early in the morning.

Making people pay monthly for a single player experience - What about PvP, PvP Warzones, Flashpoints and Eternity Vaults? There is plenty of single-player story and you can bring a party with you if you choose. There are also LOTS of Heroic missions in each area. I've even gone back to lower-level planets to get datacrons and found a plethora of scaled single and Heroic quests.

RIDEBIRD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By RIDEBIRD

I stopped playing because the game sucks. It's basically what WoW was in BC, except everything is less interesting, combat fucking sucks real hard, it has some voiceover which is nice but really add nothing since it's all KILL 10 DUDES anyway, enviroments lack character and are bland. It's a game from 2007 released in late 2011. That shit doesn't fly, at least not if you've played a lot of WoW.

I think that's the main deal. If you haven't played WoW since 2007 and hasn't seen how much the game has progressed (with Cata especially), you don't know how super old and unpolished this feels, and will probably be fine. In that case though, just wait for GW2 at this point.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#88  Edited By Klei
    • @Bongos:

Hey TC, heard about something called '' opinion ''? Maybe you should use wikipedia and read it's definition.

I certainly don't need someone like YOU, some unknown guy from the internet, to tell me what to do with my money. You don't like the game? FINE. But don't try to force it down people's throat. Bullshit threads like this filled with hate can be made about ANY fucking games out there. Just name me ONE, and I'll make some bullshit laundry list of FLAWS about it. 

@GunslingerPanda said:

Looks like the Bioware Defence Force has assembled.

Not having your opinion means I'm some Bioware fan-lover? I fucking hate every single of their games, except the old ones they've made in the past, and I don't agree with TC.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By MikkaQ

I think my problem with SWTOR after playing for a week or two and getting to level 21 is that it's still an MMO. It's a cool enough world, I like the voiced missions, the Bioware-style dialogue options and whatnot, but it's still all spread out thinly and everything takes forever to do because it's an MMO.

It's a fun game to play when other stuff is going on in the background, but I find it hard to focus on completely.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By LackLuster

lol rage

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By slyspider

Shame on you for the obvious troll. At least i hope your a troll or your an outright lier about a lot of this.....

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#92  Edited By Kazona

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

And yet I'm having the time of my life with it! When will people learn that not everyone (should) think the same?

You mean to tell me that people don't all love the same things I do? Blasphemy!

NewfieBullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By NewfieBullet

At the end it should be signed R. Kotick.

Kaiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Kaiji

@ARTB said:

Wait so if I like TOR this means I have to be either a deranged idiot or a babbling Bioware/Star Wars fanboy?

I have zero problem with anyone liking TOR. If you find it entertaining then it serves it's purpose - for you at least.

What I have a problem with is people who think this game will have more than 200K subs in six months, because it won't. This game is headed for the graveyard of MMO mediocrity, and fast.

$200,000,000........ ROFL!!!!!! Amazing. Truly amazing... Hahahahahhahahahaaaaaaa!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read that in the voice of a super villain, throwing down a smoke bomb and then using some sort of hookshot to rappel away.

Ravenhoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#96  Edited By Ravenhoe

I did not enjoy SWTOR at all, I admire the poster's honesty and I think it is always good to have as many opinions than possible. And no matter what you may think about the game or whether you enjoy it, no one can argue that this game adds anything new to the table and that is what disappointed me.

ElCapitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#97  Edited By ElCapitan

:shrug: I like it.

Ulain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Ulain

@Seppli said:

Everything I hate in SW:TOR, I hate in all 'classic' MMORPGs, like dedicated healers and their effect on PvP.

SW:TOR has tonnes of content for leveling and endgame alike and it's well produced throughout. Yeah - it's buggy. Yeah - it lacks mod support. Yeah - there's some irritating design decisions. Yeah - it's a WoW-template MMO. Most of which should get addressed over time and none of which impacts playability gamebreakingly.

That said, I've got like 50 days of gametime left over of the 90 days I was forced to buy (lacking a credit card) and I'm just not feeling like going through the usual MMO-endgame redundancies anymore (in any MMO, SW:TOR and otherwise). The 200 hours I spent on leveling one character are enough. I enjoyed leveling a lot, but I need a break from the experience before I consider doing another class playthrough.

I'll eventually come back to SW:TOR, not for the MMO that it is, which is perfectly competent and increasingly competitive with WoW, but for the KotOR game it is while leveling. Oh - and Warzones are, especially Huttball in 'The Pit', fucking glorious. I likely put like 100 hours into warzones over time and it was epic fun, but I'm over it for now.

You're completely onesided and onedimensional in your views on SW:TOR, your lack of perspective is willfully ignorant of SW:TOR's many strengths. I'd advise against taking the OP's rant too seriously.

Sorry Seppli, I usually agree with you for the most part, but storytelling of your experience, and then saying you're going to take a break anyway doesn't really prove anything other than you getting burned out. Bongos gave his reasons why he thinks it is bad. You gave a summary of what you did in the game, say you're going to take a break, then say his opinion is wrong?

As for the people who don't seem to realize they're biodrones, the OP did nothing to insult you, just the game you play, and you go into personal attacks that he must be bad or was playing it wrong (lolwut?) etc. I think Neeshka got it right at who is the demographic for this game.

Unless you can provide some opinion/fact other than "no ur wrong dis game rox", keep it to yourselves.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By BonOrbitz

Animations are a joke at best

I've got an idea. How about you take the time to actually flesh out your opinions and tell us why you feel the way you do. Your points come off as unfounded and doesn't sway me in the slightest.

CJduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#100  Edited By CJduke
    @Ertard said:

I stopped playing because the game sucks. It's basically what WoW was in BC, except everything is less interesting, combat fucking sucks real hard, it has some voiceover which is nice but really add nothing since it's all KILL 10 DUDES anyway, enviroments lack character and are bland. It's a game from 2007 released in late 2011. That shit doesn't fly, at least not if you've played a lot of WoW.

I think that's the main deal. If you haven't played WoW since 2007 and hasn't seen how much the game has progressed (with Cata especially), you don't know how super old and unpolished this feels, and will probably be fine. In that case though, just wait for GW2 at this point.

How much the game has progressed? You mean progressed to easy hold your hand give out epics for free mode? WoW was at its peak during the second half of vanilla and BC, Lich King was the beginning of its down fall. Built in loot tables, quest tracker, 10 man raids for every raid? Not to mention they cut the amount of xp it takes to get to cap by a fuck ton, added in a "hero" class (wtf was that shit?) and dumbed down the difficulty of every instance in the game. Having epics in that game doesn't mean shit anymore. I quite playing at Lich King's launch and am now playing TOR. and i like TOR a lot. Its not better than WoW  WAS but its still fun. If you are trying to say WoW is better now than it was in 07 you are craaaaaaaaaazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.