Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Your thoughts on 1.2?

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
    SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By SmasheControllers

As someone who doesn't care about the "strategic" MMO gameplay, the balance changes mean nothing to me, I play Warzones every now and again but that's it. The Legacy updates and misc. things interest me the most.

UI customization is great, being able to make the UI smaller and move the hud elements is amazing. Although it doesn't add anything gameplay wise the family tree seems really cool. The biggest addition to 1.2 that I'm excited about is the expansion of the Legacy system, I can now make a Sith Pureblood Jedi Knight and Chiss Smuggler!

What are your thoughts on SWTOR 1.2?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Giantstalker

Well, my subscription is over and 1.2 doesn't seem to have enough to keep me going. 4 months and 3 characters, including some endgame raiding, was enough.

If they brought in some kind of space-pvp or something drastically different, I might reconsider.

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By clstirens

@Giantstalker said:

drastically different

You'd think after continually flooding the market with WoW clones, Devs would try to make an MMO that was at least TRYING to be unique.

darkknightbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By darkknightbob

@clstirens: given the nature and scale of an MMO it would be ridiculous to expect anything but a massive paridigm shift in the industry to bring anything TRULY new to the market

WoW has dominated for so long that it makes it near impossible to bring out a new idea. That saying sales in this game have actually affected WoW a lot.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Too little, too late.

Can't stop thinking that.
    I would have loved these changes earlier, now its just not enough to get me back into it.
    Doesn't matter if I can be a Chiss Jedi or use rocket boots like my legacy family member bounty hunter, because I still have to do the same quests to 50 again.

I've had my run.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SlashDance

I played the first act on two seperate characters and got bored. I think I'll go back to it at some point to finish at least the Jedi story, but 1.2 doesn't have anything that convices me to go back now.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Karkarov

When 1.2 actually comes out I will let you know how I feel about it.

For bored players I would think the inclusion of a new operation, a new flashpoint, and a new warzone would be the bigger selling points.

Mageknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Mageknight

Looking forward to the new operation/flashpoint/warzone, as new 50 content is needed pretty badly. Also looking forward to their balance changes, as they've been much needed for some months now.

SagaciousJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SagaciousJones
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

i love the game. I got to play via trail. Sadly It ran out. I do not have the 40 bucks right at the moment set aside to get it. What makes me mad is that I can afford to pay the monthy fee. I wish I could get a code via amazon 

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karkarov

@SagaciousJones said:

Key features from 1.2 pulled at last minute:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/update-ranked-warzones-game-update-1.2

Already over 100 pages of rage:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=400532

*cries a river* People will get over it. Would you rather have a buggy, not totally reliable, ranked pvp match.... or one that works from the ground up? They didn't even start talking about ranked pvp stuff until well after 1.2 was initially announced so it was being tacked on from the get go. I say good for them for having the balls to hold off on releasing something that isn't ready.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Red

Well, now that's it's actually hit, what do people think? Just checking out the legacy stuff most of it seems pretty cool, and the new UI stuff is definitely welcome. Change I'm probably most glad about is level 1 sprint, though. That makes rolling alts far less painful.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slyspider

my account expired this month but i think im gonna reup it. had fun with the GB guild!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By crusader8463

Dedicated today to finishing up Mass Effect 3 when I fired it up and saw that the dam patch was almost 1 GB. 10 hours later I got that under my belt and just wanted to take a break from gaming before I fire it up and see. Going in I'm looking forward to seeing:

• What kind of powers I'm going to get in the legacy system, as I'm only level 3 or 4 iirc.
    • That being able to set clothes colours thing. Drives me nuts in MMO 's like this when you gotta sacrifice your character looking good because the stats on ugly items are better then the ones that go with the rest of your outfit.
    • Seeing what kind of perks my next character is going to get from having my level 50.

Still kind of bitter about not learning about the hitting 50 unlocks that race for all classes thing. I made my guy long before I knew about that and he is just a filthy human. The one dam race all classes get. Maybe it will let me pick one? Will edit this post or make a new one again to see how it turned out once I had a chance to look at it. Or most likely forget I ever posted in here. Will see.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Garfield518

@crusader8463 said:

I made my guy long before I knew about that and he is just a filthy human. The one dam race all classes get.

Instead of enabling humans for all classes, it gives +100 presence to all characters, which is far better.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By adoggz

Well, I like the new battleground or uh ... fuck it battleground. Its got a nice cap system and I kinda wish they would put it in alderaan. The legacy stuff seems neat. oh I'm not so sure i like what they've done with the pvp armor.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By crusader8463

@Garfield518 said:

@crusader8463 said:

I made my guy long before I knew about that and he is just a filthy human. The one dam race all classes get.

Instead of enabling humans for all classes, it gives +100 presence to all characters, which is far better.

So the other races don't get that buff? Do they get some other kind of buff, or is it just the unlock on any class thing for them?

Gotta be honest, really dam disappointed with what I'm seeing of this legacy system at first glance. Keep in mind this is me just looking over it for a few minutes, but almost everything in it requires millions of god dam credits to unlock anything and none of it seems that interesting. Those things that take one minute off the cooldown of fast travel is really dam silly. One minute is nothing. Even if it's a culmination, that's only 6 min off the top for 600 000 credits. If it cut it in half I could see that being useful, but even that's not a great reward to work towards seeing as that's level 15 to unlock the last tier of that stuff.

I guess it is meant to be super hard to get unlock end game stuff so it makes sense that it costs so much; gives you something to save for. Will poke around some more.

Has anyone found a way to base the setting item colour on equipped stuff off anything but the chest item? Was hoping to have it set off my hat but I can't seem to find a way.

EDIT:Nifty. When you go to Reverse Engineer items it tells you in the tool tip the percentile chance you have of getting the better one.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By crusader8463

Not sure if it's new or not, but if you go into "Options>User Interface" and scroll down to "Cool Down Settings" you can enable an option that shows you a number over your powers that show you how long it has to recharge until you can use it again. Really helpful.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By dagas

I think I'm going to start playing again around 1.3. The XP bonus to alts they say will be in 1.3 will speed things up. The changes in 1.2 seem great, but what I want is to be able to focus on the story missions and basically play it like a KotOR game. I still think I'm going to go back to SWTOR every now and then. I've barely played WoW so the "clone" aspect of it doesn't bother me, I'm just not really that into MMO's at all. If I can play the game without the generic quests for grinding then I'll probably be able to play through with every class like I do in single player Bioware games.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Wuddel

I liked the game before, but I think they improved on literally every aspect of it. The new instance is a real challenge, which is a nice change of pace. Free level 3 mounts (only mount not skill) is also nice.

@crusader8463: To be fair, they throw these credits at you with a fury. You really are supposed to farm the daily missions for at least a few days. Even before the new quests that gave you like 300K creds a day or so.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crusader8463

@Wuddel said:

I liked the game before, but I think they improved on literally every aspect of it. The new instance is a real challenge, which is a nice change of pace. Free level 3 mounts (only mount not skill) is also nice.

@crusader8463: To be fair, they throw these credits at you with a fury. You really are supposed to farm the daily missions for at least a few days. Even before the new quests that gave you like 300K creds a day or so.

Was not aware that the daily gave out that much. Will have to start running them.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Cataphract1014

They ruined PvP.

Every healer I know that PvPed is respecing DPS.

fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By fleshribbon

I'm loving SWTOR even more now.

I also know there are always going to be people who will troll forums for games they say they hate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.