I want a remake of TIE Fighter

#1 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -

I think it's hard to argue that, for its time, this wasn't one of if not the best games around. Great space shooter, great universe, it had it all.

With the hype around "The Force Unleashed", it got me thinking about how I want a remake of this game.

I suppose it would be more a remake of "X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter", but anyway, a current gen space fighter game based on Star Wars is long overdue.

Who's with me?

#2 Posted by MisoRonery (468 posts) -

I've been harping on this dream for, damn lemme think, it must be 10-12 years now.  With the way space simulation games sell now Lucasarts would never fund it.

I'm still with you, I've just pretty much lost all hope for it.

#3 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -

I'm sure Lucasarts will run out of ideas for new Star Wars games and pump out a remake of all of the older Star Wars games sooner or later.

#4 Posted by Magnum (349 posts) -

with you

#5 Posted by MB (12423 posts) -

X-Wing and later Tie Fighter were a couple of my favorite games back in the early 90's.  I must have logged hundreds of hours on each of those titles.  Great stuff.

I remember I played X-Wing on a $2500 PC that didn't have a sound card or even a CD-ROM...the game came on a series of 3.5" diskettes.

#6 Posted by SolemnOaf (535 posts) -

absolutely.  I would rather see an X-Wing redux than any other star wars licensed game.

#7 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
Eh, space flight combat sims are due for coming back. I've had more than enough FPSes at this point.

MB
said:
"X-Wing and later Tie Fighter were a couple of my favorite games back in the early 90's.  I must have logged hundreds of hours on each of those titles.  Great stuff.

I remember I played X-Wing on a $2500 PC that didn't have a sound card or even a CD-ROM...the game came on a series of 3.5" diskettes."
Yeah, if I remember correctly, X-wing vs. TIE Fighter was one of the first games I played on a CD-ROM.

If I remember correctly, the computer I ran these games on was an Intel 100Mhz 486 Overdrive with 8MB of RAM and a 250MB hard drive and they ran SMOOTH. That was a pretty badass system back in 1994, though.
#8 Posted by MB (12423 posts) -

I think the PC I played X-Wing and then Tie Fighter on was a 486 SX 33mhz with 8mb of RAM and a 100mb hard drive.  It may have been 120mb, I don't remember. 

#9 Posted by Patchinko (841 posts) -
MB said:
"I think the PC I played X-Wing and then Tie Fighter on was a 486 SX 33mhz with 8mb of RAM and a 100mb hard drive.  It may have been 120mb, I don't remember. "
Nice.

Yeah, that computer I was mentioning was a 486 DX 33mhz that I put one of those Overdrive chips on to make 100mhz. I thought I was -so- badass after that with my massive 100mhz.
#10 Edited by reflekshun (219 posts) -

pleaaaaaaaaaase!!! I would love to see a tie fighter / x-wing remake. But even if that doesn't happen, any kind of space sim star wars game, I would love to see that come out again. They were probably THE best star wars games I have ever played to this day.

#11 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -

Freespace 3 first!

#12 Posted by Elijah (139 posts) -

Yessss please.

#13 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

Althought I loved the XX-Wing / TIE Fighter games I would much rather see a Freespace 3 game.

#14 Posted by Magnum (349 posts) -

Why isnt there a space sim on xbla or psn by now? I guess these people hate money.

#15 Posted by supalink (165 posts) -

think its much agreed in the ol gaming community that this game needs a remake, or a rerelease

#16 Posted by bkbroiler (1626 posts) -

I want a TIE Fighter remake/new game so bad. For what the game is trying to do, it is nearly perfect.

#17 Posted by rmanthorp (3950 posts) -

Posted 2 years, 7 months ago

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago

Posted 5 minutes ago

Wow... I just, wow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.