Battlefront 3 Files Hidden on Raccoon City Disks?

#1 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

According to EGM. You can read the article here. I don't know if any of this is true or some sick twisted April fool's prank, but I am excited.

#2 Posted by Funkydupe (3311 posts) -

I'd take some Battlefront 3 with my coffee.

#3 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I hope a third game happens and I hope it's not shitty.

#4 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Not sure if this should be put into something other than star wars or worth worrying about as I doubt Battlefront3 would make that RE game better.

#5 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

Thank god that a thought process for creating Battlefront 3 has been shown.

#6 Posted by N7 (3580 posts) -

Oh man not Slant Six... Oh man... oh god no...

#7 Posted by Animasta (14667 posts) -

at first I thought you said battlefield and I got really confused, but yeah battlefront 3 would be good

#8 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1818 posts) -

welp better than spark unlimited at least slant six has experience in third person shooters i actually liked raccoon city

#9 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

On the bright side, at least Slant Six isn't making it anymore!

Too bad it sure sounds like Spark Unlimited is, though. I thought they were dead. :\

#10 Posted by CounterShock (420 posts) -

I was excited until I saw that it was found on the RE:ORC disc, I would rather not have a Battlefront 3 if it means Slant Six gets their hands on it.

#11 Edited by OtakuGamer (1227 posts) -

@iAmJohn said:

On the bright side, at least Slant Six isn't making it anymore!

Too bad it sure sounds like Spark Unlimited is, though. I thought they were dead. :\

It’s surprising to witness all these lay-offs whereas these guys are rapidly expanding.

@CounterShock said:

I was excited until I saw that it was found on the RE:ORC disc, I would rather not have a Battlefront 3 if it means Slant Six gets their hands on it.

Slant Six was developing Battlefront Online from what I've heard. It apparently got cancelled in 2010. OXMUK i72 p106.

#12 Posted by bighat_logan (182 posts) -

well it was on the 2nd so I don't think it's april fools

#13 Posted by EuanDewar (4873 posts) -

Evidence for this has been building up for a while. I doubt it's a joke.

I'm semi-interested in this, I liked Battlefront 2 as a kid well enough but ehhhhh, not sure if I wanna play something like that again.

#14 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1818 posts) -

@bighat_logan: it was first discovered on the first of April, EGM posted about it on the second.

#15 Posted by Kedi2 (246 posts) -

I WANT REPUBLIC COMMANDO 2, DAMMIT!

#16 Posted by natetodamax (19191 posts) -

I've wanted a new Star Wars Battlefront game for the longest time. Hopefully something comes out of this.

#17 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

I would say that I'm surprised by someone like Spark Unlimited possibly working on a Star Wars game...

...but then I look at the majority of the Star Wars games that exist and realize that it's a perfect fit. -_-

#18 Edited by Snail (8593 posts) -

According to EGM Spark Unlimited is developing this? Their backtrack of developed games kind of sucks of overall, so that's not a great sign, if this is indeed happening.

#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

I would say that I'm surprised by someone like Spark Unlimited possibly working on a Star Wars game...

...but then I look at the majority of the Star Wars games that exist and realize that it's a perfect fit. -_-

Hell, I'd say it's a perfect fit compared to the other people tasked with developing this game (Rebellion and Slant Six).

#20 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Awesome. Loved Finest Hour. I've always wondered what Spark has been up to lately. If this is true, I'd finally have a game to look forward to. Great news

#21 Posted by TheHT (11102 posts) -

Hopefully it's more Battlefront 1 than 2.

#22 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1818 posts) -

can somebody confirm who found these files?

EDIT: also can someone PLEASE confirm this was not an april fools joke

#23 Posted by iAmJohn (6114 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

can somebody confirm who found these files?

EDIT: also can someone PLEASE confirm this was not an april fools joke

First one is in the link. Second one is a big fat unknown, but considering there was talk for a while that Slant Six had been working on an online-only Battlefront in the vein of Socom Confrontation, it shouldn't be too surprising if this is real.

#24 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

Well, if this is an April Fool's prank, it's a very oddly executed one. This article was posted after 7 a.m. on April 2nd, even if you assume there's some weird time zone business going on, there's no time zone they could have posted this in where it wouldn't have been at least right at the end of April 1st.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.