Best Star Wars Game

  • 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -

whats your favorite star wars game! 

  

#2 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Kotor
Kotor 2
Jedi Academy
Republic Commando

#3 Posted by LiquidPrince (15945 posts) -

Definitely Force Unleashed 2.

#4 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Rogue Squadron 
 
Don't be a bitch that says X-Wing or Tie Fighter, you know damn well Rogue Squadron was the better game.

#5 Edited by SethPhotopoulos (5255 posts) -

 I was going to make a thread about what Star Wars game from the past 10 years I should get. 
 
The Battlefront games.  Can't decide which since the first one had more maps and the second one was streamlined. 
 
EDIT: 
I forgot Outcast 2 but I haven't played it in so long so I don't remember.

#6 Posted by natetodamax (19205 posts) -

Battlefront 1 and 2. 

#7 Edited by NathHaw (2766 posts) -

It's KotOR, but it will probably be The Old Republic.

#8 Edited by Jeust (10644 posts) -
@Bloviator said:

" It's KotOR. "

Yep.  
 
@LiquidPrince said:
" Definitely Force Unleashed 2. "
Why don't I believe you?
#9 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -

Return of the Jedi (the one with the yoke-controller where you drove a speeder through a forest and the Millennium Falcon through a . . . thing) is the last Star Wars game I cared about. Maybe I'm just a traitorous geek, but I have never understood people whizzing themselves over Star Wars. I watched it when I was about twenty years old (which would be the late 90s) and they were fine enough, I guess, but I didn't build my entire life around them. Every time I see a Star Wars related game come out, I'm a little more baffled by the dead-horse-kicking some almost 35 years later.

#10 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

KoTOR!

#11 Posted by Cegoraph (148 posts) -

I was about to say Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but then I remembered this game. 

#12 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -

i would have to say my top two are 
 1. Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Xbox360) 
2. Jedi academy (if u have mods and multiplayer)

#13 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5255 posts) -
@michaelfinnie said:
" i would have to say my top two are  1. Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Xbox360) 2. Jedi academy (if u have mods and multiplayer) "
What does the Sith edition add because I'm thinking of getting a Star Wars game?
#14 Edited by Jeust (10644 posts) -
@michaelfinnie said:

" i would have to say my top two are  1. Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Xbox360) 2. Jedi academy (if u have mods and multiplayer) "

You should play Knights of the Old Republic. It's an awesome game. 
#15 Posted by Shirogane (3573 posts) -
@TheSeductiveMoose said:
"Kotor Kotor 2 Jedi Academy Republic Commando "

Agreed!
#16 Edited by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -
@Jeust:  i played KOTOR but i got stuck. ill try and play it again later 
 
@SethPhotopoulos    it adds 3 dlc's, hoth where u fight luke skywalker, tatooine in ep 4 where u fight old ben, and a jedi temple dlc
#17 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -

The people who post up The Force Unleashed need to play a Katarn game or KotoR...

#18 Posted by Jeust (10644 posts) -
@michaelfinnie said:
" @Jeust:  i played KOTOR but i got stuck. ill try and play it again later "
If you get stuck post in the forums. We'll help you out. 
#19 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -
@Doctorchimp: Jedi academy is the best lol
#20 Posted by Doctorchimp (4076 posts) -
@Branthog: Yeah watching Star Wars while a lad before seeing a sea of media influenced by it or referencing it and hyping it beyond belief is the preferable choice.
#21 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

TIE Fighter, always always TIE Fighter.

#22 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -
@Rockanomics: i never played that
#23 Posted by Vitor (2821 posts) -
@SethPhotopoulos said:
" @michaelfinnie said:
" i would have to say my top two are  1. Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Xbox360) 2. Jedi academy (if u have mods and multiplayer) "
What does the Sith edition add because I'm thinking of getting a Star Wars game? "
2 of the sith edition's DLC levels are actually better than most of the levels in the actual game so I'd def recommend picking that up over the normal version. 
 
Also, the first Force Unleashed is a far better game than the second, with a far more memorable story also so worth checking out.
#24 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5255 posts) -
@Vitor said:
" @SethPhotopoulos said:
" @michaelfinnie said:
" i would have to say my top two are  1. Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition (Xbox360) 2. Jedi academy (if u have mods and multiplayer) "
What does the Sith edition add because I'm thinking of getting a Star Wars game? "
2 of the sith edition's DLC levels are actually better than most of the levels in the actual game so I'd def recommend picking that up over the normal version.  Also, the first Force Unleashed is a far better game than the second, with a far more memorable story also so worth checking out. "
Thanks to you both.
#25 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

Kotor.
 
And Star Wars Galaxies.

#26 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan: galaxies was fun, only bad thing was having to pay
#27 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Jedi Academy
Kotor 1
Rogue Squadron
Battlefront 1/2
 
Hopefully SWTOR too.

#28 Edited by NathHaw (2766 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:

" Star Wars Galaxies. "

I enjoyed SWG when it was released and for a while after that.  Its updates were bad....and the bounty missions didn't work all that well.  I still remember it fondly in parts. 
 
@TaliciaDragonsong:
 I liked Rogue Squadron a lot too.
#29 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -

i made this modded duel for jedi academy :D 
  

#30 Edited by Branthog (5562 posts) -
@Doctorchimp said:

" @Branthog: Yeah watching Star Wars while a lad before seeing a sea of media influenced by it or referencing it and hyping it beyond belief is the preferable choice. "

I've always assumed something of that sort was the case -- except that people who weren't even born when the films came out are still bananas over that shit. I found it a fine enough series of movies (though not enough to watch multiple times), but I've never understood the infatuation with it after several decades and even by people who are too young be swept up in it initially. And even for those who were (I'm sure it was jaw-dropping to see, in '77) -- I can't see how it's worth making the center of one's life forever. Hell, I liked the Matrix, initially. And Blade. And adored Equilibrium. But I wouldn't buy every comic, book, movie, show, shirt, poster, game, action figure, etc for them. And certainly not another thirty years from now. 
 
Don't get me wrong, I wish I was into these games. It's just that every time I see "Star Wars blah blah blah", my eyes glaze over. 
 
PS: Not saying there's anything wrong with people who worship everything that is Star Wars (though there probably is -- heh). It's just something I can't comprehend, no matter how hard I try and sometimes I wish that all the energy and resources being put into Star Wars Project Number Six Million And Twelve were being put into something new with more interesting potential that I would get a kick out of, too.
#31 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:

" Rogue Squadron "

Rogue Squadron II.
#32 Posted by Tactical_Kill (1695 posts) -

Battlefront 1 and 2

#33 Posted by cnlmullen (900 posts) -
@Cegoraph said:
" I was about to say Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, but then I remembered this game. 
"
Quoted for truth
 
I loved Tie-Fighter
#34 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

I never got around to playing Knights of the Old Republic, but a game I did play into the ground was X-Wing. I actually wore out two joysticks on that game. Playing X-Wing left me with no desire to play Tie Fighter even though I understand it's superior. I wonder how difficult it would be to get those games to run on a modern PC.

#35 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11724 posts) -

KotOR. Anyone who says Force Unleashed has never played a decent entry in the "Character Action" genre, and anyone who says Tie Fighter... is older than me by a wide margin. Never played it myself. If they released it on steam, I would get it.

#36 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

KOTOR 2 (not 1)
Jedi Academy

#37 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Republic Commando

#38 Posted by None (72 posts) -

KotOR, Dark Forces II and Tie Fighter.

#39 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

This is the first arcade machine I ever saw. It was on holiday one year spent the whole time in the Bar foyer playing this, just fell in love. Pretty much the reason I'm on this site today.

Vector Graphics Excellence.
#40 Posted by Delta_Ass (3279 posts) -

KOTOR. TIE Fighter was great but the later part of the campaign kinda dragged and you ended up fighting waves of TIE Defenders and Avengers for fucking ever.

#41 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

KOTOR, end of story.

#42 Posted by HistoryInRust (6307 posts) -
@Branthog said:
" Return of the Jedi (the one with the yoke-controller where you drove a speeder through a forest and the Millennium Falcon through a . . . thing) is the last Star Wars game I cared about. Maybe I'm just a traitorous geek, but I have never understood people whizzing themselves over Star Wars. I watched it when I was about twenty years old (which would be the late 90s) and they were fine enough, I guess, but I didn't build my entire life around them. Every time I see a Star Wars related game come out, I'm a little more baffled by the dead-horse-kicking some almost 35 years later. "
Are you talking about the arcade game--er, Star Wars Arcade, or whatever--or is the game you're referring to something totally different?
#43 Posted by Branthog (5562 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" @Branthog said:
" Return of the Jedi (the one with the yoke-controller where you drove a speeder through a forest and the Millennium Falcon through a . . . thing) is the last Star Wars game I cared about. Maybe I'm just a traitorous geek, but I have never understood people whizzing themselves over Star Wars. I watched it when I was about twenty years old (which would be the late 90s) and they were fine enough, I guess, but I didn't build my entire life around them. Every time I see a Star Wars related game come out, I'm a little more baffled by the dead-horse-kicking some almost 35 years later. "
Are you talking about the arcade game--er, Star Wars Arcade, or whatever--or is the game you're referring to something totally different? "
The arcade game:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Return_of_the_Jedi_%28arcade_game%29 
 
Actually, now that someone else pointed it out, that original vector-based one with a yoke control was pretty fucking sweet, too.
#44 Posted by xyzygy (9981 posts) -

Rogue Squadron, The Force Unleashed, KOTOR 
 
Obi Wan (JK)

#45 Posted by Tomkang (251 posts) -

Starwars: Battlefront 2

#46 Posted by michaelfinnie (63 posts) -

I Cant believe this thread got so far! 
 im gonna go play Force Unleashed and get some more achievements for ultimate sith edition!

#47 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

Anyone who even mentions that horrid piece of trash known as The Force Unleashed obviously hasn't played many Star Wars games.

Online
#48 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

Knights of the Old Republic. Wish I still had it, that game was fantastic.

#49 Posted by Xakura (126 posts) -

KOTOR and Jedi Outcast in no particular order. (Don't say Jedi Academy.. It is not as good) 
 
Republic Commando is also really great.
#50 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

FUCK! Can't decide between TIE Fighter or KOTOR!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.