Favourite Character (expanded media included)

#1 Posted by BombKareshi (979 posts) -

So, who's your favourite character from Star Wars? Movies, games, books, anything. I won't judge.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Heir to the Empire, but in the meantime I've been playing some Jedi Knight, and I gotta say, I really enjoy the character of Kyle Katarn. Especially the way he's characterized in Jedi Outcast. He's cynical about the Force, but he wants to do the right thing.

(Yes, I know I'm late to the party. If you're not interested in Star Wars, move right along.)

#2 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

Ciaphas Cain

#3 Posted by MB (13089 posts) -

I've read most of the novels and Darth Caedus spoiler: Jacen Solo is definitely my favorite of all time. Probably the greatest Star Wars villain ever conceived, I think his story is way better than that of even Darth Vader.

#4 Posted by BombKareshi (979 posts) -

Having read the Heir to the Empire trilogy now, I have to amend my original conclusion and add Talon Karrde to the list. Maybe I've got a thing for reluctant heroes, but everything about this character totally rubbed me the right way. Hope to see more of him in the expanded universe.

#5 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Karrde is awesome, especially his penchant for punny ship names (Wild Karrde, Starry Ice, ...shit, what was the third one? Haven't read those in a long time)

I really dug Corran Horn at first, but he became a bit eh as time went on. Face Loran (most of Wraith Squadron, actually) was a really cool, kind of different, kind of ruthless dude.

Pound for pound though, Grand Admiral Thrawn is my favourite character from the EU, dude is phenomenal.

#6 Edited by Giantstalker (1725 posts) -

Stormtrooper TK-421. Despite getting his shit stolen, and the Death Star blowing up, I'm certain he continued with a long and successful career. The man gets my vote.

#7 Posted by Hunter5024 (5959 posts) -

When I was a kid it was Lando. Even then I was into moral ambiguity. Now I'm just not sure. The prequels add a ton of characters, none of them that good, but certainly more flashy. Probably Obi-wan I guess.

#8 Posted by BisonHero (7029 posts) -

Alec Guinness Obi-wan. When I think back, his lines and the way they were delivered were really what made Jedi and the Force something interesting that had a certain amount of dignity.

The prequels, the EU, and Star Wars video games have gone a long way to dismantling what that character in A New Hope accomplished.

#9 Posted by Jeust (10854 posts) -

Revan, the Revanchist

#10 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

IG-88

#11 Posted by NakAttack (1292 posts) -

Hk-47

#12 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4800 posts) -

Shaak-ti

#13 Posted by Twinsun (493 posts) -

HK-47 obviously.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.