New Star Wars game

• 62 results
#1 Edited by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
#2 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

They don't specifically say it's an unannounced Star Wars game, do they?

#3 Edited by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

I guess not technically, but there's definitely a Star Wars announcement coming out during the VGA's. I may of looked too deep into it but one can still be hopeful.

#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail: I just wonder because they like to stretch stuff into sounding like more than they are, and the wording of the announcement sounded especially cagey.  Sounds like it could be a new Old Republic trailer.
#5 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Diamond said:
" @Out_On_Bail: I just wonder because they like to stretch stuff into sounding like more than they are, and the wording of the announcement sounded especially cagey.  Sounds like it could be a new Old Republic trailer. "
Word.  Last year their exciting announcement for Gears of War 2 that was supposed to change the way we play the game was a fucking map pack.  Not even a free map pack, not that that would have been much consolation.  Not to mention all the crappy teaser sites and non-announcements we've been getting lately.  All ending up utter disappointments. 
#6 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@Diamond: No, you bring up a good point. When I watched it the first time I was certain this was a new game, now that I've watched it a few more times I'm wondering if it's more Old Republic stuff. I think it was E3 where they made a pretty big deal about a new planet being announced, well this could be more of the same thing.   

I already planned on watching the awards, but this is incentive in case I didn't have any already.
#7 Posted by PenguinDust (12443 posts) -

Probably "Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Video Game."  LucasArts is into repackaging old software these days.

#8 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

Maybe The Force Unleashed 2? That game sold pretty well. If not, definatly Battlefront 3.

#9 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -

I was reading over LucasArts Twitter feed and apparently it is definitely a new game announcement, just thought I'd update this and put it out there. Still hoping it's BF3!

#10 Posted by MattyFTM (14330 posts) -

It'll probably be another clone wars game or something lame like that. I'm not expecting anything as awesome as Battlefront 3.

#11 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Battlefront 3 would be awesome, but after Pandemic's closing that might not be too likely.

#12 Edited by Willy105 (4688 posts) -
@PenguinDust said:

" Probably "Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Video Game."  LucasArts is into repackaging old software these days. "

How would that game be repackaging old software?

@MattyFTM said:
" It'll probably be another clone wars game or something lame like that. I'm not expecting anything as awesome as Battlefront 3. "

Why can't there be an awesome Clone Wars game? If the TV show ended being up awesome, then anything can!

@Diamond said:
" @Out_On_Bail: I just wonder because they like to stretch stuff into sounding like more than they are, and the wording of the announcement sounded especially cagey.  Sounds like it could be a new Old Republic trailer. "

Yeah. There are Star Wars games coming out, and the VGA's are pretty casual, so new info from the Star Wars games fits the description.
#13 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" Battlefront 3 would be awesome, but after Pandemic's closing that might not be too likely. "
I thought that Free Radical had been handling the assets for Battlefront 3 after Pandemic got bought up by EA... 

Also...I'm hoping it's TFU 2.
#14 Edited by L33tfella_H (901 posts) -
@jakob187 said:

Also...I'm hoping it's TFU 2. "

I really would rather Jedi Knight 3 (academy doesn't count)

@Br3adfan: wasn't looking too likely that Pandemic would've done a Battlefront 3 either way (Free Radical were gonna do BF3 before closing shop and becoming Crytek UK, and Rebellion have been doing the series after 2 so far)

EDIT: Didn't they tease a new Republic Commando in TFU?
#15 Edited by EpicSteve (6470 posts) -

TFU 2 or Battlefront 3...or maybe something new.Remember this? EA said they're keeping Pandemics IPs.

#16 Posted by Out_On_Bail (1545 posts) -
@jakob187: Honestly I think it will be TFU2. Correct me if I'm wrong but that was a new engine for the first one, It wouldn't be surprising in the least to see them utilize the engine again.
#17 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Battlefront 3 would be great, but it won't happen.  At best... expect TFU 2, which will suck just like the first.

#18 Edited by kingclaw (757 posts) -
#19 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -
#20 Edited by Jeust (10454 posts) -
#21 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Out_On_Bail: i dont think it will be the force unleashed 2 because the first game ended without anything unanswered, so i dont see a sequal 
my thougts are eiher star wars battlefront 3, becuase of the leaked screenshots and trailer 
or republic commando 2 because of the easter egg in the force unleashed demo, there are clothing options in the newest clone wars game 

they both seem like the top choices because they are both well known and could feature a multiplayer option which most recent star wars games have lacked 

but id probably prefer battlefront 3 just because of how fun 1 and 2 were
#22 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

How about a real KOTOR 3 that doesn't suck like KOTOR 2 did.

#23 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@RaikohBlade said:

" How about a real KOTOR 3 that doesn't suck like KOTOR 2 did. "

that sounds awesome but lucasarts doesn't make them, bioware does 
this new one is a lucasarts game
#24 Edited by Jeust (10454 posts) -
@kermoosh: 

About TFU, while the game left little room for questions and the sequel, the latest dlcs opened the door for a force unleashed 2 with a new protagonist. 

That is...

#25 Posted by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Come on, Jedi Power Battles II.

#26 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Jeust: that actually sounds pretty cool, if they fix all the bugs from the first game
#27 Posted by xyzygy (9871 posts) -

Obi Wan 2. LOL

#28 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

im excited, i would like almost anything except for another force unleashed 

#29 Posted by Willy105 (4688 posts) -

Luke Skywalker as a Sith would be a good continuation of the end of TFU 1.

#30 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@ZombieHunter: i agree, force unleashed was fun but not worth buying
#31 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Who says it's new? It could be more info on The Old Republic or something. Although I would like another Jedi Knight game.

#32 Edited by Snail (8574 posts) -

By the way a Battlefront 3 is coming, leaked footage of it was released I think.

#33 Edited by Jeust (10454 posts) -
@kermoosh: 

It's probably Lucas Arts will fix most of the bugs, since if the game launches, they'll be using a tweaked version of the force unleashed engine.

If Luke will be de protagonist, i hope he looks more badass than in the movies. :p
#34 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Snail said:
" By the way a Battlefront 3 is coming, leaked footage of it was released I think. "
This?

#35 Posted by Snail (8574 posts) -
@CL60: That.
#36 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Jeust: in the movies, he looked like a wise  and calm teenager 
but if he is a sith, then he will have to look like a badass
#37 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -
@kermoosh said:
" @RaikohBlade said:

" How about a real KOTOR 3 that doesn't suck like KOTOR 2 did. "

that sounds awesome but lucasarts doesn't make them, bioware does this new one is a lucasarts game "
Shit, you're right. I forgot about that. Then I would want Battlefront 3.
#38 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

If it was Battlefront 3 and the return of Free Radical, I would shit my pants.

#39 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -

JK3 would be completely awesome. As well Battlefront 3 or even TFU2. Though I really hope its not more clone wars crap.

#40 Posted by HatKing (5795 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @Snail said:
" By the way a Battlefront 3 is coming, leaked footage of it was released I think. "
This?

"

Yes it is very likely this.  For those who aren't aware Free Radical(devs behind the TimeSplitters games ♥) originally had been developing this.  However during the closing of that studio last year they lost that IP, since then CryTek bought them and Free Radical became CryTek UK, although they do not have the rights to the Battlefront 3 game any longer.  Instead, after Free Radicals closing, the game being in such a semi-near complete stage was not tossed out but given to Rebellion(I think) the studio who made the Battlefront games for the PSP.  They've had their hands on it since the begining of the year I believe and for a game that was at least half way finished I'd say right about now is a good...no GREAT time to start showing some trailers. 

There is some cool back catalogue stuff in the Star Wars game library, I'd like to see reboots to Tie Fighter, Republic Commando, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Knight or even Rogue Squadron.  Although I also wouldn't be totally surprised if it were a totally new IP... and I would probably be pretty amped about that. 

This is all considering it isn't just going to be a new Old Republic trailer... god help me if that is the case.
#41 Posted by Jeust (10454 posts) -
@kermoosh: 

Yep, but even so he only looks cool in the return of the jedi. 

There he looks more in control. 
#42 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -
@Maxszy: i would hate that, i played the demo for the clone wars game and it sucked
#43 Posted by Steampunk (17 posts) -

I hope it's Battlefront 3. I couldn't stop playing the second one on my PS2

#44 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

I never found a star wars game I liked, although I never looked really hard for one anyways.

#45 Posted by jkz (4000 posts) -
@Maxszy said:
" JK3 would be completely awesome. As well Battlefront 3 or even TFU2. Though I really hope its not more clone wars crap. "
I'd love a Jedi Knight 3, but I think that spot has been taken up by The Force Unleashed.

I'd also be really keen to see a Republic Commando 2; the first game was so bloody awesome.
#46 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

Although I'd love to see it be announced (along with Timesplitters IV), I just don't see it happening. Crytek UK (i.e. Free Radicals Design), hasn't mentioned anything about it, and I know the two games are still in limbo.

#47 Posted by AllThatBacon (511 posts) -

I hope it's more Kyle Katarn stuff. Like, maybe a Jedi Knight 3/4 using all the fancy schmancy middleware from TFU.

Honestly though, I think it's either Battlefront 3 or more Old Republic 'news'. Which, you know, that's fine too.

#48 Posted by VisariLoyalist (2990 posts) -

I could go for a first person shooter star wars game, why hasn't anyone ever done that!?!?

#49 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Pod racing FTW.

#50 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

New star wars game sounds cool . But the universe is kinda getting old to me now .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.