Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars

Franchise »

Star Wars is a space fantasy film franchise that initially told the tale of Luke Skywalker and a rebellion's struggle against the evil Galactic Empire. It has spawned over one hundred games, six sequels/prequels and at least millions of different shirts, action figures and other merchandise.

Next in the Star Wars franchise: "Star Wars: The sitcom"

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

I shit you not, my friends.

Here's the source. I'll quote the article:

How's this for your daily dose of WTF: Star Wars is being developed into an animated sitcom.

Lucasfilm has announced the series, with Robot Chicken cocreators Seth Green and Matt Senreich signed on as consultants (no doubt due to their own successful Star Wars spoof on that show). Senreich has said the program will be "character driven" and may include crossover appearances from the film's characters. So a Storm Trooper walks into Chalmun's Cantina bar, and . . . ?

Forgive me if I sound skeptical, but this seems like an odd offshoot for the fanboy favorite. There's definitely a market for it — not only from die-hard Star Wars followers, but also from shows like Robot Chicken or Futurama — yet part of me wonders if the franchise is better left alone. What's your take?

Apparently George Lucas still isn't done raping the Star Wars franchise. The only thing that gives me a glimpse of hope is the fact that it is being created along with 
    Robot Chicken cocreators Seth Green and Matt Senreich, and those guys made a pretty good parody of Star Wars. Still, that little glimpse of hope vanishes as an image of an animated Han Solo not voiced by Harrison Ford saying a joke followed by fake laughter rushes through my mind.

Someone just shoot George Lucas. This is going too far.

This might be fake though, I was linked to this through Rotten Tomatoes, but I've found some other links by doing a quick Google search. So I say this is pretty real, it's not like Lucas can surprise anyone now.
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

Really, after the prequels, he can't really destroy the Universe I knew and loved anymore than he already has.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SpecTackle

Sure hope this is real.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Mmmslash said:
    " Really, after the prequels, he can't really destroy the Universe I knew and loved anymore than he already has. "
    Celebs are dropping like flies as of late. Sooner or later Lucas will die and leave the franchise alone...hopefully 

I for one do sort of enjoy the animated series. If mostly just to be able to hear new stuff from yoda...
    turbo_toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By turbo_toaster

Hasn't Seth Green and the rest of them satiated their hard-on for Star Wars parodies yet? Between Robot Chicken and Family Guy (lest we forget about the shit-fest known as "Blue Harvest") this is now their bread and butter and apparently a genre unto itself.  Incredible.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheHT

LOL. i'd love a sitcom by those guys but if they make it all canon i think i just might actually laugh my ass off. DO EET!!

Avatar image for aperturesilence
    ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ApertureSilence

Considering that George Lucas has the single worst sense of humor of any human being ever, this doesn't bode well.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By bed

excuse me what? how is this even possible? o-O 

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ninjakiller

Hmmm so after killing his franchise he intends to rape its corpse. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Snail
    @Turbo_Toaster said:
    " Hasn't Seth Green and the rest of them satiated their hard-on for Star Wars parodies yet? Between Robot Chicken and Family Guy (lest we forget about the shit-fest known as "Blue Harvest") this is now their bread and butter and apparently a genre unto itself.  Incredible. "
    I have to say, I found both "Blue Harvest" and "Something Something Something Dark Side" humorous. I found that Blue Harvest was more accessible to the non-Star-Wars aficionado who has seen each movie only once, but still quite funny. I enjoyed "Something Something Something Dark Side" a lot because it had so many subtle jokes and references, some incredible far fetched.

For instance, in "Something, Something, Something, Dark Side" you saw jokes about how the AA-Laser Guns in Hoth look like "Giant Nipple Boob Guns", and about the fact that when the rebel fleet was escaping it went directly towards the Empire fleet. You even had the Wilhelm Scream at one point, and you saw Darth Vader smashing a mailbox which read "Nimoy". How much nerdier can you get? And what about the part at the end when Chewbacca asks why the hell is Lando wearing Han's clothes? I was like "What the fuck, it's true!".

I accept those two satires because they come from genuine Star Wars fans just highlighting all the subtle ridicules, and you just feel like an awesome nerd when you understand all those references.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

lol ooooh this'll be good. In a bad way though.
    Hilbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hilbert

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.