Beta's apparently open for a bunch of people

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I'm not too sure what's happening, but it seems that an unusual influx of people have gotten invites to the HotS beta (going from this Reddit page) and it might be a Blizzard mistake. Checking my Battle.net account, I'm inclined to believe I'm one of the people, but I'm not sure and the client is currently getting patched for me so I'll know after it finishes.

Are you one of those who can now access the beta?

Actually, it seems that people are also experiencing region issues that are not allowing them to gain access to the beta, so a bunch of weird stuff is happening. I just tried the client out and it says that I have no account associated with whatever region it's talking about, either.

#2 Posted by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Just checked my account. I've got it on mine as well. Well...damn. Guess I'm gonna have to check it the fuck out later on!

#3 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

@jakob187: Nah, seems like it really was a mistake after all:

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/268175585589723136
#4 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3924 posts) -

got it in mine. lets see if this thing works

Edit: Doesn't seem to wanna install. Just hangs. Oh well.

#5 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

I've been in HotS for ages lol

#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (6146 posts) -

I probably have a HoTS invite but it's been buried in an email address I no longer use that has 10k unread messages.

#7 Edited by ShockD (2421 posts) -

How does one get into the beta?  I have multiple Blizzard games on my account but haven't got anything.

Do I have to pre-order the game?

#8 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

@ShockD said:

How does one get into the beta? I have multiple Blizzard games on my account but haven't got anything. Do I have to pre-order the game?

there where contests to get in and league's... if you havn't gotten in yet pre-ordering is probally the only realistic way

#9 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -
@baldgye said:

@ShockD said:

How does one get into the beta? I have multiple Blizzard games on my account but haven't got anything. Do I have to pre-order the game?

there where contests to get in and league's... if you havn't gotten in yet pre-ordering is probally the only realistic way

Please improve your grammar...

Ok, but does pre-ordering it guarantee a beta access?
#10 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

ahaha fuck you, why would I bother helping you now?

#11 Posted by haffy (674 posts) -

Do you have to download a separate client for HOTS?

Think I'm going to pre order it today sometime just to get the beta.

#12 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

@haffy said:

Do you have to download a separate client for HOTS?

Think I'm going to pre order it today sometime just to get the beta.

Yeah, its a brand new client. even if you downloaded the HotS beta client that was avaliable publically when it first got out to the pro's you need to download a new client becasue of the new UI.

#13 Posted by sledge89 (5 posts) -

Pretty sure, that if you pre-order it you can participate in the BETA. I'm guessing there's a glitch on Battle.Net side setting this up or something and that's why so many people have inadvertently got the BETA.

#14 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

I've only played StarCraft II's campaign, the multiplayer kinda scares me... though I think I'm going to try to face my fears when this expansion comes out.

#15 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

Dunno about this glitch, but I put in my preorder to Amazon on Wed night and got my beta code from them this morning.

#16 Posted by baldgye (757 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

I've only played StarCraft II's campaign, the multiplayer kinda scares me... though I think I'm going to try to face my fears when this expansion comes out.

do it son, its the most rewarding thing in the world, aswell as the most soul destorying lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.