Blizzcon website hints Heart of the Swarm reveal?

#1 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

We've come to expect the reveals for new games and so on from Blizzcon, though last year it was somewhat lacking on that department. 

This year, though, it seems like the obvious thing is to reveal Heart of the Swarm. Something that makes me believe that even more is the Blizzcon website.
Time seems right as well as the fact that they've just given us a better look of our cleansed antagonist/heroine Kerrigan. No other character that I know from the Blizzard library have scary tentacle dreadlocks for hair.

So what do you think of this new Kerrigan? If Heart of the Swarm is suppose to be more RPG style, reckon will we see her as a Hero character in the likes of Warcraft 3?
Will we actually get to see anything from this game before Blizzcon or will they save everything for that event?
#2 Posted by ThatFrood (3391 posts) -

Singleplayer storyline for Starcraft 2 has been so dumb so far. I'm curious what they'll do with her, but I seriously doubt it'll be anything less than incredibly cheesy.

#3 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Yeah the story for the Wings of Liberty chapter was a bit on the cheesier side. But I'm still very much interested in the overarching story with the return of the Xel'Naga.
Hopefully we'll see more about them than some obscure flashbacks this time.

#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5315 posts) -

Wings of Liberty's story started pretty good, but they've relied on such an impossible gambit the plot barely holds later on. Hope this is going to be better.

#5 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" If Heart of the Swarm is suppose to be more RPG style..."
When did Blizzard say that?
#6 Posted by onimonkii (2463 posts) -

i just can't wait to see the new multiplayer units, as well as the new crazy zerg units they put in the singleplayer.

#7 Posted by Unchained (1090 posts) -

While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III.

#8 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@Galiant said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

When did Blizzard say that? "
This was spoken of from the moment they revealed there would be three games and that they wanted to make the three campaigns play a bit differently.

@Unchained

said:

" While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III. "

Highly doubt that will happen. They haven't even made an official announcement of it yet. I suspect a year, or six months, after Diablo III is released.
#9 Posted by Galiant (2195 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said:
" @Galiant said:

" @PhatSeeJay said:

When did Blizzard say that? "
This was spoken of from the moment they revealed there would be three games and that they wanted to make the three campaigns play a bit differently."
Awesome, I like the sound of that!
#10 Posted by supermike6 (3641 posts) -

I have barely played any of the Wings of Liberty campaign, and I probably won't play much of this. Single player campaigns for RTS games just aren't my thing.

#11 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (428 posts) -
@PhatSeeJay said

@Unchained

said:

" While more Starcraft is always a good thing, I'll be seriously bummed if Heart of the Swarm is released before Diablo III. "

Highly doubt that will happen. They haven't even made an official announcement of it yet. I suspect a year, or six months, after Diablo III is released. "
Hmm, that would mean Heart of the Swarm would be coming in 2013. :P

Since Diablo 3 is most likely not coming until mid 2012. :\

(Well, it COULD come late 2011 or early 2012 if we're very lucky- but I highly doubt it)

So I am led to believe that Heart of the Swarm will be coming before Diablo 3- sometime in 2012. Either that- or they may come at roughly the same time. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.