Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

Does the campaign load your Wings of Liberty save?

TatoBins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Anyone know if the campaign loads your Wings of Liberty save to track the choices you made? In the second mission when you run into Nova, she wouldn't let Raynor go, telling me I made the wrong choice in not helping her with Tosh. The thing is, I did help her kill Tosh in that mission in Wings of Liberty. Did the game just make an arbitrary decision, or did it somehow not load my old save properly? I'm debating whether or not to start the campaign over. Did anyone get a different response in that mission from Nova?

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

@tatobins said:

Anyone know if the campaign loads your Wings of Liberty save to track the choices you made? In the second mission when you run into Nova, she wouldn't let Raynor go, telling me I made the wrong choice in not helping her with Tosh. The thing is, I did help her kill Tosh in that mission in Wings of Liberty.

That's really odd. In WoL I sided with Tosh, but when I met her in Swarm she thanked me for helping her with her problem but "a girl's gotta do..." and Raynor met the same fate anyway. Maybe they accidentally got it backwards?

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nah, it assumes you save Arial and sided with Tosh.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah

@tatobins: According to the writer of the game, it does draw from your choices from the original campaign. At least, it should. There won't be major differences, as this is mainly the story of the Zerg, but they have said that the game will make nods to choices you made in the original series. Nova was supposed to be someone that would respond a little different depending on your choice in WoL. Some things will just be based on official StarCraft canon, but I think that was supposed to draw from your previous saved game, if you had one. Though, that may be a specific choice that isn't referenced. I don't know.

http://www.gamefront.com/sc2-parts-of-heart-of-the-swarm-will-differ-based-on-your-choices-in-wings/

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haffy: Except I did side with Tosh, and when I came across Nova in mission 2 of Swarm she responded as if I had actually sided with her.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sided with Nova and when Nova showed up in HOTS she said I shouldn't have sided with Tosh, go figure.

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've had none of the problems people mention. I sided with Nova and she said the same and I destroyed the Zerg space platforms before the last WoL mission and got a mention of that on Char as well. Maybe it's just importing data from an older playthrough? It's not terribly relevant anyway, it only changes a line here and there.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mines worked fine so far. Sided with Nova and she acted like I sided with her.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mellotronrules  Online

i think it might just pull your most recent campaign completed save. i originally sided with tosh, but then just last we i replayed the campaign for what must have been the third time and sided with nova. when that moment came in HotS Nova as wall "thanks for helping me bro."

Cathadan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mellotronrules: That's not it either. I only played through the campaign once and didn't go back to replay the once that the story branched away from. Seems like they would have done just as well to have Nova's dialog be a 50/50 chance either way.

Avatar image for deactivated-64b71541ba2cd
    deactivated-64b71541ba2cd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was correct for me. However I had finished Tosh's mission no more than an hour before starting the new campaign.

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

Hmm... well it cool that they did some save importing... however, it isn't cool that the importing seems to be buggy. In any case, i seem to be in the same boat as a few of the other people here since i got the wrong dialogue in a few missions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.