Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

Frequent crashes?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I feel like posting about what is surely a temporary bug is kind of pointless, but I just want to know if I'm the only one who's experienced a crash in every single campaign mission so far? It hasn't been game-breaking because it's always happened early in the mission, but is annoying nonetheless and considering the stability I've had for months now with every other game, it's hard to imagine it being a hardware issue (and yes, I have the latest drivers for all of my hardware short of the beta drivers for Nvidia graphics cards which mention no improvements for Starcraft II outside of SLI).

Again, surely something that will be patched on either Nvidia's part or through a general release, but still has ground my attempts to play the campaign to a halt for the time being.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Zirilius

Played through 1/3 of the campaign and haven't had a single crash. Running on a Geforce GTX 460 on ultra graphics though I have heard of other users experiencing your issues.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

I haven't had any crashes but there have been times when the game freezes but the actions queued still go

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By haffy

Had one crash in about 15 hours of play.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Err, I guess I should mention my hardware is fairly standard for this era of gaming. Core i5 3570, Geforce GTX 670, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 being the most relevant items.

@zirilius said:

... though I have heard of other users experiencing your issues.

I mean, as long as it isn't me, then I'll be happy knowing there's a quick fix in the works.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@andrewb said:

Err, I guess I should mention my hardware is fairly standard for this era of gaming. Core i5 3570, Geforce GTX 670, ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 being the most relevant items.

@zirilius said:

... though I have heard of other users experiencing your issues.

I mean, as long as it isn't me, then I'll be happy knowing there's a quick fix in the works.

Blizz forums show some people complaining about crashes, freezes, and stalls but nothing official other than update your drivers from what I saw. Seems pretty sporadic in terms of hardware that its affecting.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I have the exact PC set up.

Gtx 670. I5 3750k. 8gb ram

On mission 20 and had roughly 4 crashes.

And the game isn't running that smoothly some compare to my older 3 year old PC.

It's running at 33fps with everything max when I'm in the home base.

kovike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's a common issue with current drivers of GeForce 6. Either downgrade to version 310.90, or wait for new ones. Nvidia is working on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.