Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

May 2nd - The Best of StarCraft 2

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Winternet

If there was ever a time that you thought to yourself "hum, maybe I should check what this StarCraft 2 pro scene is all about", then there's no better day to do that than next Thursday,May 2nd, at 18:10 KST. And why is that? Because that will be the day that the GSL Code S Ro16 Group B is played, aka the ultimate group of death. Never in StarCraft 2 history has there been a group with this much quality in it. And all 3 races are represented. The players are PartinG, Life, INnoVattion and Flash.

The Very Best of StarCraft II
    The Very Best of StarCraft II

For those that don't follow the e-sports scene, let me try to give you a bit of context. PartinG is arguably the best Protoss in the world (definitely one of the top3). He is the current World Champion and has also won the 2012 WCG as well as 2012 MLG Tournament of Champions. Life is unquestionably the best Zerg player in the world and probably the overall best StarCraft 2 player. He has won 5 Premier Tournaments in the last 6 months, including 2012 MLG Fall and 2013 MLG Winter and 2012 GSL Season 4 and 2012 GSL Blizzard Cup.

INnoVattion is considered to be one of the two best Terrans in the world, despite not having won any major tournaments in his recent Starcraft 2 career. His top results are reaching the Semis in 2012 GSL Season 5 and 2013 MLG Winter. Flash is the other best Terran in the world and he has also not won a major tournament in his also recent Starcraft 2 career. He has reached the Semis in 2012 MLG Tournament of Champions and 2012 MLG Fall and the Finals in 2013 MLG Winter. Flash is, however, more commonly known for being widely considered as the best player to ever play StarCraft and is revered as a God in the StarCraft scene.

Hopefully I was able to explain how incredibly good this group of players are and if you're interested in seeing the very best of StarCraft 2 then May 2nd is the day!

korkesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By korkesh

Life and INnoVattion GO!

It was sad to see MC get knocked out so early, I thought for sure he'd make it at least to Ro16.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MezZa

Kinda disappointed that MC didn't make it, but I'm looking forward to seeing these guys play. It's also worth mentioning that dreamhack is this weekend as well. Should make for some interesting games at least.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Winternet

@korkesh: @mentaldisruption: MC was kinda outplayed in his group. It happens. He is still at a very top level though.

Dreamhack should be fun, yeah. Finally a chance for me to watch Jaedong play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.