New Zerg unit sillhouette released on the Starcraft facebook page

#1 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

Just found out it was released on facebook this afternoon, didn't see a thread yet so I decided to make one.

So what do you think this unit will be? Or what do you hope it will be?

Start speculating!

#2 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1123 posts) -

Armored Buttling

#3 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Looks cute. 

I'm no professional at SCII, but I hope that this ground unit is one that'll be capable of surviving Siege Tanks better than the rest of the Zerg.

#4 Posted by neoepoch (1290 posts) -

Tyrant Guard. Wait a second....

#5 Posted by StarvingGamer (7567 posts) -

Artillery-ling?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -

Oh wait, I was looking at the picture as if the unit's head was to the right, so I was imagining it wearing a big helmet or something. Now I see its maw to the left and something that looks more like a Zerg's face than what I was seeing before.

#7 Edited by ReyGitano (2465 posts) -

First thing I thought of.

#8 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Ballistaling

Or one of those giant blue things from Starship Troopers but its ass is backwards.

#9 Posted by damswedon (3168 posts) -

@neoepoch said:

Tyrant Guard. Wait a second....

Oh man you are right.

#10 Posted by chilibean_3 (1581 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ: It kind of looks like a Zerg version of the siege tank to me.

#11 Posted by Buckwatters (141 posts) -

I think they released a trailer that has that specific unit in it, and a quasi-explanation of what it is.

#12 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19158 posts) -
@chilibean_3 said:

@FluxWaveZ: It kind of looks like a Zerg version of the siege tank to me.

Yeah, reading about other people's thoughts on the Liquid forums and looking at the picture, it's most probable that this is a Zerg siege unit and some kind of morph based on a Hydra and possibly a Roach.
#13 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

I agree that it looks like a some sort of artillery-type unit, I also read the thread on TeamLiquid.

However I'm kind of hoping that it functions a little like a lurker, but maybe that would make it a little too much like a siege tank.

#14 Posted by raiz265 (2232 posts) -

I'm not sure if I'd like a Zerg siege unit when there's Fungal Growth, Baneling drops and Broodlords around >_<

#15 Posted by coakroach (2478 posts) -

Giant enemy crab.

#16 Posted by Gilsham (292 posts) -

would be cool if it was a unit luncher, so you could throw banes into a ball or shot unit into a walled off base

#17 Posted by DystopiaX (5241 posts) -

Some kind of siege unit, the big cannon thing seems to support that and Blizz have been saying that Z lacks a good one (BL too hard to get to early, not as effective in certain situations). People on TL have been saying that the base/head looks like a Hydra sillouete so it could be like a Hydra morph into Lurker kind of thing.

#18 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

I've also seen a lot of people saying it might be a roach morph. But the head really makes it look like a hydra morph.

#19 Posted by Ciffy (215 posts) -

A walking / siege / launcher brood lord?

#20 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

Who's that pokemon?!

#21 Posted by TheJappernaut (124 posts) -

Does anyone have any ideas what the new Protoss unit might be? Or what would like to see added to the Protoss army?

#22 Posted by project343 (2807 posts) -

Turtle! ^_^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.