Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 12, 2013

The second chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy, Heart of the Swarm is a science fiction-themed real-time strategy game for PC and Mac. Players take control of the vicious Zerg faction in an interstellar war against the hard-nosed Terrans and psionic Protoss.

One Question: UMS

Epicurwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have they fixed the broken UMS yet?

I decided not to buy this because of how badly they handled the UMS system in the original SC2. I played WC3 for about 3 years with the vast majority of my time spent playing dota, kodo tag, TD map, ect. I bought SC2 believing that I was going to get the same modding experience. Instead I got 10 maps that were only played because they came out first. All the good maps got no attention because of Blizzards UMS system and fell to the bottom. It was impossible to play any game that was not on the first page or two. I quit trying shortly after release and haven't tried since. I played the campaign of SC2 WoL and thought it was ok, and played multiplayer but I knew those would only hold me for so long. If this expansion doesn't fix the UMS I don't think it would be worth my money.

Has there been anything in this expansion or patches that would give any hope to a person like me?

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By haffy

They improved it quite a bit with arcade etc. But I never played WC3 and rarely use the UMS, so might be worth just installing WoL again and having a look yourself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.